Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

Aug 30, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

SP

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

326 - 350 of 2,404 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By ckathu

Oct 14, 2020

This course was very insightful and assignment was very engaging. The requirement to undertake peer review enabled me appreciate different contexts where the various tools could be used.

By Xavi S

May 4, 2017

It was an excellent course to dive into Design Thinking and creativity. I'm more than satisfied about it and I'd love to enrol in courses that brings DT and creativity to the next level!

By Dawn M M

Aug 2, 2020

The course was good and well planned. The structured classes were good and the knowledge you gain from this of amble amount. This is a beginner's course so it doesn't go int too detail.

By Fatin F

Jul 2, 2020

It was great to be a part of this course. I've enjoyed a lot. And now, I've started working on my Storytelling and Visualization skill. The instructors are very amazing and charming. :)

By Greg H

Dec 12, 2017

I really enjoyed this course! It's informative, insightful and focused on practical application. It will definitely help me inspire deeper application of design thinking within my firm.

By Shailesh G

Sep 13, 2017

It was a great experience while learning using coursera. The course I'd taken is nicely designed and I enjoyed all over. Thank you so much for providing this learning opportunity. Best!

By Yaqueline A C

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you so much to the Coursera team. I really enjoyed the process and learnt a lot of new tools along the course that I am sure will be very useful in my career and job enviroment.

By Varsha S

Amazing course and an awesome tutor. I would definitely recommended this course to all who would wish to learn design thinking and want to influence others by their thoughts and story.

By Diana H

Feb 12, 2020

I was very happy with my experience with the course. The information and videos taught me a lot about design thinking and the writing assignment was a great way assess that knowledge.

By Ana C D O

Oct 27, 2020

I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to enroll in this course. It gave me so many skills that I will definitely use in the future for different purposes. I am very grateful!

By Vijay S R

Jul 31, 2017

This course gave me an opportunity to learn 'practical' Design Thinking directly from the inspiring teacher/professor , Jeanne Liedtka with very engaging course videos and exercises.

By Kayla D L

Dec 18, 2020

easy to follow and detailed case studies! I loved the peer evaluation at the end as it allowed me to view different perspectives on applying the design tools in different industries

By Javier S F

Jun 9, 2020

Professor Liedtka keeps you engaged throughout the course. You learn at your own pace what you need to know to kick start a new way of solving problems by applying design approach.

By Juan M D P

Apr 9, 2020

Es un excelente curso, herramientas muchas veces sub valoradas se muestran con una nueva fuerza y aplicación para darle valor a proyectos que están en proceso o deben ser repensados

By Alejandro A L

May 7, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Very happy with it. Very well designed, and top quality in terms of content and - specially - technology. Applicability is high. I am totally satisfied

By Md M A

Mar 8, 2021

Simple, easy to understand and real life examples - this helped me in relating the teachings with my professional and personal work. Thank you for such a wonderful designed course.

By Nadia F B B

Feb 1, 2021

loved the flow of the lectures, examples given were easy on-point and modules were arranged in such a way that made navigating in between modules was easy and not confusing at all.

By Juanita B

Aug 22, 2018

The course includes several tools to implement the design thinking approach. Also gives some example on how big companies have resolved their own strategic problems using this tool

By Marlene A

Nov 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and learned a lot. All videos are very easy to understand and follow. My only suggestion is to add a few quizzes or knowledge check along the course.

By Lim C W

Nov 26, 2020

Let's embrace each and other to discover hidden possibility in you! You have to be patient to follow through 4 modules to discover the structural approach to Innovative Solution.

By Senthil k J S

This course changed my independent thinking into dependent thinking

I really inspired by the instructor and her associates for excellent instructional course design and delivery.

By claudio y

Jul 24, 2019

Muy buen curso con conceptos muy simples y faciles de implementar y que te entrega herramientas concretas para poder desarrollar una forma de pensar para prepararte para innovar.

By Mate B

Apr 2, 2020

I have learned a lot of useful and inspirational information with regards to design thinking. I am certain that I will be using most of the content from the course.

Thanks a lot.

By Vanessa A

The course is very thorough and interesting. The course length and the manner in which the lector's are spread out allow flexibility to complete weekly tasks. Enjoyable course.

By Shaurya s

May 2, 2020

A very creative course and helped me gain a lot of insight towards how to process, arrange and interpret your thoughts and also, how to foster innovative and creative thinking.