Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

SP

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

RB

Sep 14, 2020

Very well explained with lots of practical examples - would highly recommend this course to anyone looking at getting an initial understanding of design thinking and how it can be applied practically.

351 - 375 of 2,404 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Tomas M M

May 1, 2021

Very good course. Very complete as an introduction to Design thinking. Many tools have been explored and, what is best, three different real cases were described and analysed.

By Chandresh M

Dec 1, 2020

The course is great. The concept of Design Thinking is explained well in simple concepts and with real world examples and which reflection/method works well in which scenario.

By Alex A

Sep 20, 2020

I like very much how all topics are handle by main instructor.

Real life samples always are pleased welcome.

not all the slides used in the course are available for download.

By Parth A S

It is a must course for the newly startup guys or Students who are currently focussing on many things , these course will brainstorm and boost your mind with the design tools

By Sankar R

Aug 8, 2022

The Course was structured and presented well.

Concepts were put in simple way so that the learner could relate, especially some examples that were brought were so insightful.

By SAGAR K

Oct 31, 2021

The Author Jeanne is very Experienced and Talented. Her expressions are like she is talking with us face to face and provide personal coaching. Love her teaching methods.

By Sayoko Y

Aug 15, 2021

I​t was my first corse in corsera! I could trace all the way smoothly, without any qeustions. the corse gave me a different approach to my work scene. It was a lot of fun!

By ravi k g

Aug 18, 2020

The Course has comprehensively covered all the insights required for desing thinking. It gave me an idea on how holisticly we need to review the problems/areas of concern.

By Hamsapriya S

Jun 12, 2018

I've learned a lot of different techniques and gained perspective through this course that no other content on internet could provide me. This course is "Impact delivered"

By Zeinab M

Sep 16, 2020

This is one of the best courses I have done online. The content is well structured and the flow is excellent. I have learnt so much on design thinking. No regrets at all!

By Ewaldo A

Jun 10, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. The explanation fro the lecturer was simple yet practical. The assignment also helped me to implement what i have learned in the course.

By Rhema B D P

Aug 17, 2019

I love the methodology that was taught in this course, even the reading list is robust and complimentary. It's actionable and very relevant in today's business landscape.

By Jaime A P J

Aug 19, 2018

This course is very enlightening. It is able to tackle what we need to know about design thinking for innovation. The video lectures and resources are very comprehensive.

By Edward S

May 31, 2017

This was such a great course and introduction to Design Thinking. Was fantastic and well structured course which was easy to work through and apply to the end assignment.

By Paz A R C

Jul 17, 2020

Este curso te ayuda a dar solución a problemas de forma creativa usando herramientas concretas que te ayudan a desarrollar este tipo de pensamiento en ti y en los demás.

By Alex G B

Excellent course. Well presented, really compelling examples and material. To me, the 2nd best course I've taken on here (2nd to Richard Shell's Success course at Penn).

By Ankush V

Sep 14, 2017

Interesting course! I had certain idea about design thinking prior to taking this course however this added the much needed value to my knowledge! Very much recommended!

By Sampanna K

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you for conducting such a meaningful course. It was a good learning and has inspired me to start practice design thinking in rigorously to solve many unmet needs.

By PRABAKARAN K

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for the team, it's an excellent learning Journey, i was thinking to learn design thinking for past couple of years. Now it's Done ! Many Thanks. -Prabakaran K

By Kalpesh M

Apr 18, 2020

Enjoyed every session and use cases presented that provided deeper insights and power of design thinking to engage. The instructors made all the difference. THANK YOU.

By Ali T J

Dec 24, 2019

Excellent course, great start and an eye opener to innovation, how to make it the right way and how to avoid the common mistakes and get acquainted with it. Thanks. Ali

By Varun K

Oct 8, 2020

This course has given me the visualize the the purpose of desire via storytelling, mind mapping and to get the feedback from learning launch tool sequentially.

-Thanks

By Isabella S Z

Sep 5, 2020

This course leads to a better understanding of what is Design Thinking. The lessons are explained with real life examples, which make the subject easier to understand.

By Akinbisola B A

Jan 12, 2020

This course has opened my mind to creative thinking, believing in the act of process that it is fine to fail cause there are chances to succeed after a failed attempt.

By Clarin P D

Jul 22, 2019

A really informative course, helps you in the long run. Do check it out. Final assignment was an excellent way to effectively put the various techniques learnt to use.