Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

51 - 75 of 1,012 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Deborah F

Sep 19, 2017

This course was excellent. As a talent specialist, I learnt a great deal about how I could apply design thinking principles in the design and delivery of our learning and development solutions. The course also helped me to appreciate the value of a growth mindset required for innovation, and how we can develop those capabilities within ourselves and

By Shimon M

Sep 10, 2019

A thoroughly worthwhile course. It provides you with a good toolbox of ideas and tips on how to come up with the vision and proof of concept for your next project. You may have to attend the lectures more than once to take in all the information, however it was well worth the time. Thank you and ell done to Professor Jeanne Liedtka and her team.

By Lorenzo F

Jun 17, 2017

Very interesting! The course is quite brief but concise. It's perfect for people who have an idea but don't know how to develop it and how to look at it in a more professional manner. Perhaps I would have appreciated to use some tool in a practical way, such as software for Mind Mapping and so on! Overall, very useful. It opened my mind! Thanks

By Rodrigo A C

Aug 21, 2019

Design Thinking for Business Model Innovation definitely changed my way of seeing project management. The content of this course is precise and the lecturer is very knowledgeable. Lectures are very interesting, with real-life examples so students are able to understand better and easily become eager to jump in and listen class after class.

By Enrique M

May 21, 2019

I found the course very interesting. I have known the tools on which Design Thinking is based. I have met application cases which help me expand my use landscape in my work life. I recommend all professional and non-professional interested in obtaining unconventional tools to have innovative solutions to work and personal problems.

By Bruce D

Feb 07, 2019

Great course that had just the right level of detail for a busy executive. I will be considering this for some members of my team. Covers the philosophy and mindset around Design Thinking in a refreshingly different way, and also some simple but foundational tools that can be applied to harness quick results from the methodology.

By Claudia H M

May 14, 2018

This is a great course which has lots of helpful examples. I really enjoyed taking it and learning more about design thinking. The good explanation of design thinking tools will help me to apply them in several times and opportunities. There are a lot of ways to use design thinking tools and I am able to take my next challenge.

By Diptiman C

Jan 19, 2020

The content is very well presented along with examples which helps connect the dots. This course helps us plan, design , understand and implement the day to day as well as complex decisions. Sure this has been helping me as a manager in my current activities and also train others in delivering their responsibilities as a unit.

By Kevin K

Oct 03, 2017

As a beginner, this was a perfect course to start with and get deeper understanding of Design Thinking and its application in real. The mix of other learners and reviewing peer-assignment is great way to understand how people work with Design Thinking globally. I recommend this course for beginners in Design thinking.

By Yash

Jan 13, 2017

I enjoyed learning about the several Design Thinking tools with practical examples for each of them. Breaking down the design process into the four 'What' stages changed my perception towards how to approach problem solving in the industry. I believe the lessons I learned in this course will be helpful in my career.

By David F

Aug 07, 2019

An exceptional orientation to the design thinking process. Examples clearly illustrated design tools and methods for people who are new to this field. The assignment facilitated my thinking for how to apply these concepts to my own context. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and found it highly useful to my work.

By Coral-Lee A

Oct 30, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed this course! It was excellent, logical, thought-provoking, clear, useful and applicable to my work environment. I have already been using so many of the methodologies in my work projects and with clients. I highly recommend this as a short introduction to the principles of design thinking.

By Camilo J C R

Feb 11, 2016

Compelling and interesing course mainly oriented to business and/or management students and workers. It's also complementary knowledge for designers (of any kind) who are looking to manage and direct different communication approaches to specific stakeholders groups in order to develop design applications.

By NATASHA J

Jan 23, 2020

Nice balance in the presentation of the course materials - Although much of the course is listening and paying attention to the course videos and examples if you are serious about Design Thinking, this course provides exceptional details and a rigorous final project to support your growth in the subject.

By Jacqueline O

Apr 22, 2018

I really appreciated this course.

Jeanne is really interesting and presents the topic in a very appealing way. (I was so much motivated that I bouhgt the book and discussed with colleagues about this MOOC).

It helped me to approach problems in a new way and not hesitating to be confident about it.

By Loveleen M

May 07, 2017

There are not many Design Thinking courses available online- and this one is among the best. The graded activity at the end makes you think hard on the application of the DT tools. Reviewing other learners' work also gives one insights into the application of the Design thinking methodology.

By Sidharth R N

Nov 06, 2019

Highly organised and systematic lectures, with a fair share of real life examples and case studies, to give you a really good insight into the practical and theoretical aspects of Design Thinking. I loved being a part of this course, and enjoyed learning something that was totally new to me.

By Stela K

Nov 13, 2019

Very relevant and simple examples to be able to connect day-to-day life with the need and concepts of Design Thinking. The selection of videos is following a logical flow and as the weekly block is split into short video sections it makes it easier to follow and take breaks in between.

By Asebi B B

Oct 29, 2018

I am a young Engineering graduate seeking to venture into the Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The lessons in this course were quite simple and easy to comprehend despite my engineering background. Lessons were very practical and I intend to apply them in my future business operations

By Tom L

Jun 17, 2019

Thank you professors, guest speakers, team members for making such great course. I found a new approach to solve my real life problems. I have more confidence in working with innovation projects, and believe I can be creative too as long as I know how to approach & what tools to use.

By Thuraya

May 28, 2016

One of the best courses I have ever attended. I am really impressed with the presentation of the content and the creativity of delivering the ideas. I have purchased the book "GROWTH" from Amazon, to add on what I've already learned in a deeper manner.

Thuraya Al Souli

By Alexandra S

Sep 13, 2017

Most inspiring! I was so excited about many of the topics and tools and examples, that right now, day and night, my mind comes up with quotes from the course and ideas where to apply and test what I learned there, determined to use every opportunity I have to use this framework.

By Zac W

Aug 10, 2016

Very good introduction to design thinking. Provides some useful tools that I have already used in my personal and professional projects and will continue to use in the future. Every video lesson was well done and tied the overall theme into the content well. Highly recommended!

By Leonor E d P

Jan 19, 2020

Great course on Design Thinking. Easy to listen and to go through. The professor is very didactical and the material is very well designed and presented. I would recommend this course if you'll like to broaden your knowledge in this area. It is a must-have tool for management.

By Laura M

Feb 17, 2018

Such a fantastic course. The videos were compelling and I learned so much without the stress of homework. Perfect for full time working professionals who want to learn about design thinking, but do not have hours to invest in assignments. The professor was really excellent.