Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

101 - 125 of 1,055 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Luis G O R

Aug 24, 2019

Excellent course. It gave me the tools to better understand techniques and tools to address every day problems on a work environment. Congratulations to all the professors and teachers who gave their time to put together this course.

Thank you!

By Alina M

Feb 29, 2020

Nice high level overview of what is design thinking and what are some tools and strategies that can be used when trying to use innovation to solve a problem. Great stories and examples by the lecturers. Course was simple and easy to complete.

By Darshan S S

Jan 19, 2020

I felt in love of COURSERA courses ! Very lean information that i learned from this course. It will be really helpful to implement learning from this course into regular project activities. I'm damn sure it will help me to get best results.

By Jorge A B G

Mar 17, 2018

It was a very nice and interesting experience, and a proper beginning for me to study Design Thinking. I agree with the students who want another version of this course, with more advanced concepts and applications.

Thanks a lot! I enjoyed.

By Anah V

Jul 22, 2017

This is a great course! I'm two weeks down and am already able to apply what I've learnt. The course breaks down complicated topics to easily process able bits and pieces. Jeanne is a great teacher and has good clarity in explaining things.

By Luis D R

Dec 11, 2017

Through simple insights, real life examples and great visualization tools, this course offers in a few weeks enough material to change your perspective about alternative ways to tackle big and small scale problems. I'd recommend to anyone.

By Martin K M

Feb 12, 2019

Design Thinking for Innovation is one challenging course but when you get to understand it it is one course that gets you thinking on your own accord. I myself had been stuck in analysis paralysis until Coursera gave me this opportunity.

By Bryan A L J

Sep 21, 2019

el curso es super interesante, son vídeos cortos y se te pasa super rápido el tiempo mirándolos ademas que la estructura de coursera te hace sentir como que vas subiendo de nivel completando objetivos y te animas a seguirle, me gusta :)

By Dovie M C

May 09, 2018

This is a great course and I learned a lot from it. However lectures are already outdated. My suggestion for the University of Virginia is to update their lectures for I saw in one of the clips that the lectures are dated way back 2010.

By Vineeth K

Feb 25, 2019

Learnt a lot about Design Thinking! The practical assignment in the 5th week helped me reinforce the material I learnt in the course. Thank you University of Virginia and Coursera for giving me an opportunity to learn Design Thinking!

By Felipe M

Aug 28, 2019

Great course. It really helped me understand the importance of design thinking and how it can be applied to avoid rework and achieve great results with team collaboration. Thanks a lot Coursera and University of Virginia for this.

By Srinath G

Sep 17, 2016

A very well laid out structured learning program. Course pace & content is great & triggers enough thinking during the course assignment. I recommend the course to all those who want to bring in structure to thinking & innovation

By AVNISH P G

Sep 21, 2017

I think it was a very informative course with a lots of real time examples to take inspirations from.

I strongly recommend this course to all organizations, so that they can come up with innovative solutions for their customers.

By Naven G

Oct 08, 2016

Excellent pragmatic take on Design Thinking - a fairly complex subject that was made as easy to understand. Really enjoyed Prof Liedtka - am ready for a more advanced course on this very interesting subject - thank you so much

By Jean C M d S

Jan 27, 2020

Apesar de ser introdutório, o curso é rico em detalhes, em cases de exemplo. Um ponto importante sobre o Design Thinking é que ele não é oposto à abordagem de negócios tradicional, muito pelo contrário, ambos se complementam.

By Rogerio A

Mar 06, 2020

I'm loving this course. It works and explains the ideas in a very clear way. The tools are very usefull and I'm just thinking about learning more and more with this team and with coursera plataform. Thanks a lot and move on!

By Jorge A R

Jul 25, 2017

Great introductory course on design thinking. I found it very useful to have an overall idea of how to use design thinking for innovation. Furthermore, it provides guidelines on how to apply design thinking on your own work.

By Sachin K

Mar 19, 2017

This course is so elegantly structured that in spite of very busy schedule of mine I could still complete it and also could quickly apply. I think the fundamental thinking of "Fail or succeed fast" is built in to this course

By Arun

Oct 02, 2019

The whole course is structured in a very systematic way to make everyone understand the concept. we can feel the experience of professors who are teaching the subject. Live examples made this course interesting and engaging

By Suryanarayanan K

Oct 23, 2017

Very well structured and organized course. The learning material was just right. I got the value I expected from this course. Jeanne is an excellent tutor. The effort Darden has put in to develop this course is impressive.

By Harish

Jun 20, 2016

Absolutely awesome course. Makes you really go back to the drawing board and re-evalate if we are building products the right way with our customers in mind. A must have course for every product developer and entrepreneur.

By Josué C M O

Mar 28, 2017

It is a very interesting course that helps people undertand new methologies for innovation. I recommend taking this course if you want to provoke change in your company and in your life, but till now you do not know how.

By Sphiwe D

Dec 12, 2019

This was a really nice course and I really enjoyed it. It was exactly what I needed since I am currently working on a project that requires my team members and myself to apply the Design Thinking methodology. Thank you!

By Tim M

Dec 04, 2019

This course is an excellent overview of design thinking with case studies. It provides excellent foundational material and sources for further study and practice. The peer-review final assignment exercises the learning.

By Saad Y

Feb 08, 2017

A very nice course for entrepreneurs and the people working for innovation to make the world a better place. In this course, I learnt about the basics of design thinking, it's tools and their application in the process.