Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

CA

Jun 17, 2017

great course , i am grateful to Coursera and everyone at Darden who helped develop this course.\n\ni really enjoyed the course. best wishes to all . keep up the great work!!!! God bless all of you!!!

101 - 125 of 953 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Yordhan F A B

Dec 06, 2017

This course is rich of inspirations!

By Seth H

Feb 05, 2017

This course provided an engaging introduction to Design Thinking along with its practical application and interesting use cases.

By Tatiana T

Mar 12, 2017

The course opened my mind to the technical use of design thinking tools. For me design in general has always been important, but now I feel I can argue from it.

By Pierre S

Jan 25, 2017

Cours très intéressant sur la manière de gérer des projets en utilisant le Design Thinking, les explications sont bien faites ainsi que le plan. Les vidéos dédiées aux différents outils avec des intervenants différents et le recours à des exemples concrets apportent beaucoup et facilitent la mise en application des concepts dans les projets personnels/professionnels.

By Aparna

Nov 29, 2017

Practical examples And well structured

By Deeptapran S

Sep 11, 2017

Very interesting course

By SRIRAM S

Aug 14, 2017

Required for this day and age

By Matteo S

Sep 15, 2017

It is a great introduction to Design Thinking. The teacher is very clear and the guest lecturers are very much on topic.

By Lalith K V

May 01, 2017

Content is the heart of any course and this course has got that perfectly. A useful and impactful course for people who want to explore new approach in Innovation

By Parthalomian M M

Jul 07, 2017

Excellent!

By Lucas C O

Jul 15, 2016

I love the way the slides and material is available.

The examples of Design Thinking helped me understand more of every step.

By Stefan B

Jan 24, 2016

Very good course, an a very good amendment to the book!

Regards

Stefan

By Alain L M N

Oct 24, 2017

This is a really wonderful course for any person who wants to succeed to any kind of business

By Fahad A

Apr 30, 2017

mind blowing

By Hussam M

Dec 25, 2015

Great course! Helps you understand how to approach product development and strategy!

By Varun R

Apr 20, 2017

Very Insightful course !!! Changed my way of thinking a lot...!

By Iker I

Oct 19, 2017

Very useful and interesting approach for innovation, the course is dinamic, engaging and strongly practical and full of examples. I strongly recommend it.

By Cecilia U

Sep 01, 2016

I learned a lot about design thinking. All the examples were very clear and useful.

By Fabio P C

Sep 29, 2016

very good course. nice insights

By Matthias G

Nov 24, 2016

The course content and material was very well put together and enabled a well paced learning within the provided duration. However I'd suggest that the assignment gets some more information early on as if it is left too late the time may be limited.

By Ioana C

Mar 05, 2018

It gives a theoretical base for innovation in companies and organizations. I think managers can take a lot of value from this course expecially in knowing how to present the need of innovation and innovative ideas. It is great for people who think they are not creative as you can learn to be creative. I liked a lot that it was clear and short (4/5 weeks) and it gave a good overview over the design thinking process. I can recommend it for anyone working in marketing or development.

By Elisabeth W

Jun 03, 2017

Great course, easy to follow and most of all offers a broader mind-set on creative strategies on problem solving.

By Siddharth P

Dec 17, 2016

Quite wonderful and impactful course.

By Pallavi

Dec 28, 2016

Added a new perspective to my MBA thinking!

By Sachin K

Mar 19, 2017

This course is so elegantly structured that in spite of very busy schedule of mine I could still complete it and also could quickly apply. I think the fundamental thinking of "Fail or succeed fast" is built in to this course