Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

251 - 275 of 1,073 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Arthur n

Jun 7, 2021

I had a very practical experience in this course something I am deeply grateful for. I already have afew ideas for improving my products and I am excited to start on them. Thanks Alex

By Parminder S

Apr 29, 2020

A great course to learn about the various tools and techniques available at the disposal of a modern Product manager to improve his/her work and create more value for the organization

By Sumon R

Mar 23, 2020

Really good perspective on modern product management with info on useful tools are techniques that are proven effective in successfully ideating,developing and delivering new products

By Victoria W

Jul 7, 2020

The course was GREAT! I thought Alex broke down the content and provided context against the tools he shared really well! I have learnt so much and can use these tools straight away!

By Gabor R

May 13, 2021

sometimes its a bit overlapping with different ideas, and doesn't go too deep, but is great overview and constructive approach and helps undestanding. Needs a bit of updating also.

By Jorge H T

Apr 17, 2021

The course was awesome. I learned a lot about what is to be a Product Manager. The interviews with the experts where also of huge value for me. Thank you Alex, it was truly great!!!

By Galit L D

Jul 2, 2020

The course taught me a lot! From new concepts to best practices as product managers. Surely this is a necessary course for anyone who wants to develop a career in product management

By Marcelo C

Jul 24, 2020

I really enjoyed the course´s content and I have learned a great deal of PM. I hope to carry on and learn even more with the next modules. Congratulations to Sam. Great presenter.

By Shashi b

Nov 10, 2019

Excellent course, helped me know and revive the basis product management concepts. would prefer to enhance my product management knowledge using relevant courses in future as well.

By Gianfranco F

Apr 13, 2021

Muy completo curso, explica muy bien las acciones que se deberian seguir al momento de ser un gerente, asi como otros consejos y conceptos necesarios para no fallar en el intento.

By Gabriel T

Great Course! A lot of good ground covered throughout. Highly Recommended! The instructor brings a wealth of information to grow as a PM. Thank you Alex and University of Virginia

By Deborah K

May 10, 2019

Excellent course - great as a refresher of basic skills/knowledge and also as a intro/overview of current trends/areas with respect to data science and business models. Thank you!

By maria

Jul 1, 2019

Very useful, great examples and tools, interesting interviews with experienced professionals and a big list of tips to better manage innovation and product development. Worth it!

By Qazi M A

Mar 17, 2021

Excellent course. The best I like is that it differentiates how product owners can work with existing products and what perspective is required to work on brand new innovations.

By Thomas S

Jan 7, 2021

I'm in the software industry now, without an agile background. It makes so much more sense to hear about why things are important and gain insights from industry professionals.

By Yogendrasingh B

Nov 12, 2020

This is the best course on Digital Product Management with good examples. Also recorded lectures on discussions with experienced professionals. Thanks for this wonderful course.

By Evgeny G

Nov 18, 2018

Great course which gave me a structured view on creation of new product and amplifying existing one. I discovered here a lot of practicable techniques and new ideas for my work.

By Arbios K

Nov 1, 2020

I was very impressed by the way things were explained and am very happy with the things I've learned, I am looking forward in to using these things in the business I'm leading.

By Andrey S

Sep 25, 2017

Probably the best introduction-level course on digital product management available online. Provide a lot of great insights in addition to a general overview of PM activities!

By Tom M

Nov 4, 2019

Great class. I learned so much about how Product Management works and how it fits within a corporation. I also learned new ideas on how to get my team to create user stories.

By Kamala K S

Feb 2, 2019

The course structure and the frameworks explained can be applied into practice immediately. I would recommend this course for both existing and future product managers alike.

By Robianesar B

Nov 2, 2017

Great course, it really bring you up to speed the knowledge of Product Management. The content, examples and the instructor way of teaching are excellent. Highly recommended.

By Monika M

Jun 25, 2017

Extremely useful course, it helps you advance in your PM career but also give you hints to upgrade any digital project you have in mind from a web page, video game, blog etc.

By Judy P

Dec 9, 2020

Great introduction to Product Management. I'm new to product management and it helped give me a base of knowledge and a list of classes I want to take next to keep learning.

By Alysha V B

May 3, 2021

This really exceeded my expectations. Alex is so clear and lays information out just when you need to hear it. He also gives such practical and hands-on resources and info.