Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

301 - 325 of 923 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Rob M

Excellent and thought provoking course, which has helped to shape my thinking about what product management really is and how to perform it well.

By Poorva M

Aug 25, 2017

Extremely well structured course. Lots of real life examples and techniques have been explained which made it highly relatable. Thanks Alex! :D

By Roberto L

Dec 8, 2020

finally I've found a course that has open my mind towards agile product management. It's clear, concise, practical and really, really usefull.

By Enzo C C M

Jun 28, 2020

Great class. It includes a very structure explanation of the main elements required in Product Management, as well as many practical examples!

By Frederic

Jul 1, 2019

Well structured and explained. Good to grasp what is digital product manager does and have a glance at the methods/tools that can be applied.

By Federico S

Dec 15, 2020

Fast-paced and full of data and insights. I enjoyed the tone (on the fun side, but not overdone) and the mix of lecture/graphics/interviews.

By Priti P

Oct 11, 2020

A great learning course on product management.This course has enhanced my knowledge on Product management and how to apply it in daily work.

By Dhairya M

Jul 5, 2020

An excellent course by Prof Cowan. I enjoyed learning the fundamentals of Product Management and look forward to applying these in my work!

By SYED H H

Aug 26, 2019

this course helped me understand the role of Product Manager... nice teacher.. good way of teaching and the case studies were also helpful.

By Christandy A

Jul 26, 2020

The course has helped me to understand Product Management in a broader perspective. I learned a lot of new tools to use in my current job.

By Karthik N D

Aug 28, 2020

It was a really nice course through which I learned a lot of new methods and tools that will definitely help me in the future. Thank you.

By Monica A

May 6, 2020

Best way to get clear understanding of the Product Manager role and get familiar with all the core concepts of modern product management.

By PAROMITA P

Oct 28, 2018

Thank you the course was very helpful and informative for me to be able to use the knowledge in my future product management assignments.

By Jéter V d S

Oct 30, 2020

Great course! I've learned a lot and will definitely come back to check on the materials again. Thank you so much Alex and all the team!

By Adrien A

Sep 14, 2019

Great class with general information on Product Managers best practices. Experienced Product Managers can also benefit from the course.

By Himanshu C

Aug 5, 2019

The course is well structred and covers every aspect of product management. The guest invited really helped to gain practical knowledge

By Sophie C

Jan 3, 2021

Great introduction on the PM role and all the expected activities from different vantage points. Looking forward studying DPM Course 2

By Alina S

Dec 20, 2018

Comprehensive, motivational course with great lecture and resource materials, as well as reinforcement through thoughtful assessments.

By Orlando S P M

May 28, 2018

A must take course for any Product Manager or for people wanting to develop a new product, this will save you a lot a time and waste.

By Tristan J

Oct 16, 2017

Absolutely loved this, the presenter explains everything in a concise and practical manner and the information covered is fantastic.

By Arturo V

Feb 17, 2021

This course is complete, I recommend it to everyone who wants to work on the development of products based on agile methodologies

By Kehinde D

Oct 7, 2020

This is a very good course for anyone looking to start a career in Product Management. Great interviews, and course content too.

By Michael A

Apr 29, 2020

Great course! Each week I learned something I could take back to my team, and have a real impact on the success of our products.

By Jan W

Sep 15, 2019

Super summary of key skills you need as a PM for digital products, very well presented and encouraging to use in daily business.

By Emad K

Mar 4, 2020

Very well presented. The material covered is excellent and have a lot field interviews that are very useful based on practices.