Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

RA
Feb 15, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

326 - 350 of 1,029 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Vipin S

Jul 29, 2019

Yet another gem of a course from Darden. Digital Product Management, including comments from industry practitioners, was a pleasure to learn about.

By Yan N

Feb 13, 2021

Thank you very much for offering such a high quality course! I will definitely try the methods that I have learnt from this course to my projects.

By Rafael C

Mar 22, 2020

I really liked the way the course was provided. Easy to understand with a lot of useful information and real-live interviews with Product Managers

By Fabrice L

May 2, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by how pragmatic and interesting this course was for Product Managers. I liked the most of the interviews and material.

By Rob M

Excellent and thought provoking course, which has helped to shape my thinking about what product management really is and how to perform it well.

By Taylor H

Apr 9, 2021

Great refresher for established Product Managers, and really great intensive starter pack for those who are new to the field. Really enjoyed it.

By Gastón I F

May 29, 2021

An amazing course! It gives you a lot of information to be able to constantly apply and measure the evolution of product / service development.

By Poorva M

Aug 25, 2017

Extremely well structured course. Lots of real life examples and techniques have been explained which made it highly relatable. Thanks Alex! :D

By LAMAN M

May 12, 2021

Although i have missed some deadline due to my studies in university, it was great course indeed. I have learned basics of product management.

By Roberto L

Dec 8, 2020

finally I've found a course that has open my mind towards agile product management. It's clear, concise, practical and really, really usefull.

By Enzo C C M

Jun 28, 2020

Great class. It includes a very structure explanation of the main elements required in Product Management, as well as many practical examples!

By Frederic

Jul 1, 2019

Well structured and explained. Good to grasp what is digital product manager does and have a glance at the methods/tools that can be applied.

By Federico S

Dec 15, 2020

Fast-paced and full of data and insights. I enjoyed the tone (on the fun side, but not overdone) and the mix of lecture/graphics/interviews.

By Priti P

Oct 11, 2020

A great learning course on product management.This course has enhanced my knowledge on Product management and how to apply it in daily work.

By Dhairya M

Jul 5, 2020

An excellent course by Prof Cowan. I enjoyed learning the fundamentals of Product Management and look forward to applying these in my work!

By SYED H H

Aug 26, 2019

this course helped me understand the role of Product Manager... nice teacher.. good way of teaching and the case studies were also helpful.

By Christandy A

Jul 26, 2020

The course has helped me to understand Product Management in a broader perspective. I learned a lot of new tools to use in my current job.

By Karthik N D

Aug 28, 2020

It was a really nice course through which I learned a lot of new methods and tools that will definitely help me in the future. Thank you.

By Monica A

May 6, 2020

Best way to get clear understanding of the Product Manager role and get familiar with all the core concepts of modern product management.

By PAROMITA P

Oct 28, 2018

Thank you the course was very helpful and informative for me to be able to use the knowledge in my future product management assignments.

By Jéter V d S

Oct 30, 2020

Great course! I've learned a lot and will definitely come back to check on the materials again. Thank you so much Alex and all the team!

By Ankit T

Apr 9, 2021

Great overview of product management role. Excellent clarity of thought and teaching methodology. I am glad I took this course. Thanks!

By Adrien A

Sep 14, 2019

Great class with general information on Product Managers best practices. Experienced Product Managers can also benefit from the course.

By Himanshu C

Aug 5, 2019

The course is well structred and covers every aspect of product management. The guest invited really helped to gain practical knowledge

By Greg G

Apr 13, 2021

The instructor was very good and kept the content engaging. I really enjoyed hearing from other professionals who are doing the work.