Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

351 - 375 of 920 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By CHIEH Y H

Feb 4, 2018

great course for beginning to know what jobs and sense PM should have. Come to try, or you will regret missing it.

By Caitlyn S

Aug 30, 2020

Great introduction to the basics and exposure to a variety of guest speakers who are leading PMs in their fields.

By Aravind v

Aug 14, 2020

The course is well designed & the Sessions from Product manager's from Google & other organizations were helpful.

By Jitesh J

Jul 6, 2020

best course for new aspirant for starting a career as Product manager, give as much as possible knowledge for DPM

By VINEET K

Feb 3, 2021

Excellent course, structure approach with practical examples including people currently working in the industry.

By Katrina B

Sep 30, 2020

I learned so much that I didn't even realize we were missing in my organization. I have an entirely new toolkit!

By Chrisabel B

Oct 13, 2018

Very practical way of knowledge transfer. Liked especially the interviews with practitioners from google and co!

By Ricardo R

Aug 29, 2020

Great course to update your knowledge, organize and focus your views on how to approach a product (new or not).

By BAVITHRA A

Sep 7, 2020

I learned a lot in this course. Thank you Alex for giving lot of tips and how to overcome on false situation.

By Laukik S

Nov 24, 2019

Amazing, Loved it! Would like to meet Alex in person and congratulate him. Coursera, can you make that happen?

By Muhammad Z U

Jan 28, 2021

It is a good course which helps me to better analyze situations and give new tools to work with. Recommended.

By MOHAMED M P

Sep 28, 2020

This course is a really practical way of explaining the subject rather than just explaining the theory alone.

By Abhinav S

Sep 12, 2020

Most of these methods got me started off in understanding Product Management fundamentals.

Good place to start

By Yoryenys D M

Apr 12, 2020

Great beginners class. Alex puts many of the concepts into perspective with the case examples and interviews.

By Kory R

Dec 13, 2019

Really well taught course and it gave me a lot of tools that I, as a product designer, can use with my teams.

By Pratheep R

Feb 5, 2021

A great beginner course for Product Managers or anyone wanting to learn about product management in general.

By Adarsh S

Excellently designed course that summarises the common practices and know how regarding Product Management.

By David K

Feb 25, 2021

Excellent content and structure. The material was easily ingestible and the teaching methods were sensible.

By Ryan L

Oct 29, 2020

Fantastic and super relevant course to Product Management. I loved Alex's pace, examples, and core topics.

By Syed S K

Aug 5, 2020

Awesome course for Product Managers. Give full and clear understanding in the roles of Product Management.

By Ariel D A

Jul 29, 2020

I'm so happy with the content of the course. I'm studying English too, so this was a very challenge to me.

By Priyank D

Mar 27, 2019

Must attend by All Product Managers. It's very Practical and Applied Product Management Technique Training

By Anurag P

Mar 1, 2018

This is the first course that I have used on COURSERA with my Girlfriend. Alex was 8.5/10 according to me.

By Melissa T

Oct 8, 2020

Un muy buen curso en verdad, las explicaciones fueron claras y concisas, con ejemplos fáciles de entender

By Prashanth C

Nov 14, 2019

Excellent content, very effective teaching and apt interviews with relevant and hands on industry experts