Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

RA

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

LK

Jun 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

201 - 225 of 720 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Supriya G

Apr 14, 2020

One of the best Instructor driven course. Sir, your interview sessions with industry experts were really helpful. Thanks, for sharing your valuable knowledge with us.

By Gresë K B

Aug 13, 2017

A very good overview of product management fundamentals. Highly recommend it to everyone just starting in product management or wanting to know more about this field.

By Birjees P

Jul 27, 2020

Supremely enriching and great teaching. All the concepts are very neatly explained and gives a great deal of clarity as to how it would be implemented in real world.

By Vishesh A

Jul 20, 2020

Amazing course. Worth the time and effort. Would recommend this to anyone looking for a full course on refreshing as well as getting started with Product Management.

By Flt L G R

Jun 08, 2020

UNDERSTANDING THE QUESTION AND ANSWERING THEM...WOW...NICE ASSIGNMENT. qUESTIONS ARE GETTING CHANGED FOR THE NEXT ATTEMPTS...WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE IN LEARNING..THANKS

By Ann M

Sep 05, 2019

I enjoyed taking this course. The videos were interesting and easy to follow and stay engaged. I enjoyed the mix of lecturer, guest speakers, quizzes and diagrams.

By Alexander S

Sep 18, 2020

Very helpful and thorough course! The professor is very knowledgeable and I liked the guest speakers. I thought they brought a lot of value to the course as well.

By Md. M I

Sep 03, 2020

That was really great course. I really enjoyed this all the course time. And I've gained some new knowledge about product management truly. This is really helpful.

By Nithin R

Aug 08, 2020

the course was not exhaustive but not too basic but good enough for someone who is interested in going into product management careers and will be a good head start

By Daniel F

Mar 14, 2019

This course gave me a lot. Especially some tools I am using in my job and they are very effective.

MVP - Test - Experience - Add something new - Test - experience...

By Nida V

Aug 19, 2018

Great course! So much learnt and so much to continue learning and improving. This really helped me to understand the fundamentals of PM role and impact to business.

By Ariel W S

Jan 29, 2019

Solid course, it is impressive to see how refined the lean startup approach has become. I have already begun to use some of these lessons in my professional role.

By Hu W

Nov 23, 2018

This is very good course that provide a overall introduction to people who are beginner in the PM roles and also good PM or Higher Management for self examination.

By Leandro d l S

Jul 29, 2019

Excellent course. Level of detail is enough to understand and the additional resources have what you need to keep learning and applying your lesson to real work!

By Isichei A

Jul 07, 2019

Awesome delivery with clear examples you can relate to your everyday job. I'll recommend this course to anyone thinking of getting started in product management.

By Daniel R C

Aug 10, 2020

This course provided me much valuable information to my role as PM and help me to force some subjects that I already studied in others courses. 100% recommended

By Suresh N

Jun 06, 2020

Great learning on some product management topics. Alex was very clear in explaining the whole thing. Will definitely try to explore further and go deep in this

By Garima s

Jun 25, 2020

Its very goood for beginners in the field of digital product management because it taught us very basics which is very much needed for be a marketing student.

By Destinnie P

Aug 10, 2019

This course was full of useful information, tips, and tools that can be applied to product management. I will be using many of these skills in my new PM role.

By Likith R

It was really a good course which helped me increase my knowledge on the basics and hope it will help me further on in the upcoming years. Thank you so much!

By Priya R

Apr 28, 2020

Great coursework for getting started with the concepts of Product management. Clear and concise lecture material with information rich discussions sessions.

By Nastassja H

Dec 02, 2019

Really enjoyed this course and have recommended it to several others. Very practical advice and I appreciated the interviews with people in the 'real' world.

By Jonathan T

Nov 07, 2017

An excellent overview of the product management function with colored feedback from actual PMs across a variety of companies. I highly recommend this course!

By Sudipta D

Jul 06, 2020

A very good course and covers all the important aspects of product management . With this course I can cultivate a new way of practicing product management.

By Sriman K P

Apr 30, 2020

I learned the key terminologies, framework and mindset a product manger should have. The examples and the videos from product managers are very insightful.