Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

451 - 475 of 1,101 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Daniel T

Dec 29, 2020

Very good introduction, and explanation of the key concepts and work of the modern-day product manager.

By Masfiq a C

Very effective course and the instructor was very knowledgeable and provided a wealth of information.

By Pramod K

Apr 14, 2019

It is an excellent course for newbies. It gives kick start to start start career in Product management.

By Srdjan C

Feb 11, 2019

Good content, nice presentation and enough material to get you to understand basics of prod management.

By Paul W

Apr 9, 2018

Really nice course. A lot to learn and I hope to find more courses adjacent to this one from Alex soon!

By Karel B

Oct 25, 2020

There are complex concepts described in a very simple manner. Very helpful for beginners in the topic.

By MONIQUE R

Jul 27, 2020

Very usefull and interesting course.Thanks to Alex Cowan teaching in a very lively and effective way.

By Amir R K P

Jan 17, 2020

this has been an amazing course. I wish the definitions and examples were refined maybe in a handbook.

By Bharath N

Sep 18, 2017

Insightful, relevant and conceptually clear. The real life case studies with Google, LinkedIn, eBay we

By Rajesh R

Jul 10, 2020

Wonderful course, recommend every manager to go through it for over all product management knowledge.

By Pierre U

May 8, 2020

This course consists of didactic and case scenario components which makes it relevant and digestible.

By Oscar G

Jan 11, 2021

Very comprehensive and relevant information and techniques. Now it's time to put them into practice!

By Ruturaj S S

Nov 22, 2020

This course is very nice. I get new ideas from this course & It's very helpful for my future career.

By Gab S

Oct 5, 2020

I have a rough idea of what product management is, now I feel I have enough theory to keep it going.

By Deepa G

Jun 10, 2020

Fantastic course. Loved how practical it is, and how it was backed up y the instructor's experience.

By Soundarya B

Really awesome course. really had a tough time cracking the quizzes. concepts wonderfully explained.

By Vaibhav S

Dec 3, 2019

Nicely designed, perfect for everyone who is looking to get started in domain of product management.

By Erick S L M

Jul 21, 2019

Excellent course. Brought me a new approach to my current job and has surely a new use to my career.

By Edegard M d S

Oct 16, 2017

Very helpfull and really gave me a north. Now I'm ready to next step: Building something with agile!

By Santiago V M

May 2, 2021

Excelente curso!!! me ha sido de gran valor en el proceso de complementar mis competencias como PM.

By Saurabh S

Feb 8, 2021

It is an excellent course. It surely gives true sights when it comes to Digital Product Management.

By HARINI U

Jun 19, 2020

It was an nice course, I have thoroughly enjoyed your teaching it was very useful

By Alok

Oct 3, 2018

I think it's a great course if someone wants to start building understanding of Product Management.

By Banurekha M

Aug 24, 2020

Well done for someone new to the concept like me, it was really enlightening and exciting to learn

By Kahraman A

Sep 9, 2021

A​lex rocks! Very practically, huge outcome, absolute good presentation, infotainment at its best