Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

JB
May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

326 - 350 of 1,079 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Muhammad A I

Aug 27, 2021

Great efforts done on course design. Liked Alex Cowan's teaching methodology, specially interviews having practical advice from industry professionals.

By 19UCMA247

Aug 24, 2020

Very informative, the topics were made clear and the professor made it a point to brush up concepts from previous classes to help better understanding.

By Vatsal P V

Jun 25, 2020

A very well explained and detailed course. It helped me gaining the necessary skills for this field and prepared me for future endeavors in this field.

By Ian M

May 6, 2020

Well planned and executed the fundamentals of the course. It was really helpfull and I learned usefull tools and skills to my own career. Thanks a lot!

By Willie J B S

Sep 26, 2020

Great Course, Alex is a very good instructor and interview sessions with product managers offers very valuable insights and advise. Highly Recommended

By Steven T

Oct 6, 2020

As a current Product Manager at a software company, I found this course to be very helpful with a ton of great information to help me be a better PM!

By Alex W

Jul 28, 2020

Great introduction to the formal tools of product management. Very useful as someone who started a tech company, and does app development consulting.

By Renzil D

Jun 13, 2020

Great articulated course content. Im really happy that the high quality of resources provided were practical and will aid in my professional progress

By Nicolas A

Excellent course on Product Manager! Ideal for all who interact on a daily basis with the product team, or for those in a PM role wanting to upskill.

By Hasan R

Aug 18, 2021

Very useful course, The instructor explain very well how to manage digital product management with modern fundamentals. Strongly recommended. Thanks

By Cai Y

Sep 5, 2020

This course gives a concise yet comprehensive view of modern approaches to digital product management. The guest sessions are particularly helpful!

By Vipin S

Jul 29, 2019

Yet another gem of a course from Darden. Digital Product Management, including comments from industry practitioners, was a pleasure to learn about.

By Yan N

Feb 13, 2021

Thank you very much for offering such a high quality course! I will definitely try the methods that I have learnt from this course to my projects.

By Rafael C

Mar 22, 2020

I really liked the way the course was provided. Easy to understand with a lot of useful information and real-live interviews with Product Managers

By Fabrice L

May 2, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by how pragmatic and interesting this course was for Product Managers. I liked the most of the interviews and material.

By Rob M

Excellent and thought provoking course, which has helped to shape my thinking about what product management really is and how to perform it well.

By Taylor H

Apr 9, 2021

Great refresher for established Product Managers, and really great intensive starter pack for those who are new to the field. Really enjoyed it.

By Gastón I F

May 29, 2021

An amazing course! It gives you a lot of information to be able to constantly apply and measure the evolution of product / service development.

By Poorva M

Aug 25, 2017

Extremely well structured course. Lots of real life examples and techniques have been explained which made it highly relatable. Thanks Alex! :D

By Laman M

May 12, 2021

Although i have missed some deadline due to my studies in university, it was great course indeed. I have learned basics of product management.

By Roberto L

Dec 8, 2020

finally I've found a course that has open my mind towards agile product management. It's clear, concise, practical and really, really usefull.

By Enzo C C M

Jun 28, 2020

Great class. It includes a very structure explanation of the main elements required in Product Management, as well as many practical examples!

By Frederic

Jul 1, 2019

Well structured and explained. Good to grasp what is digital product manager does and have a glance at the methods/tools that can be applied.

By Federico S

Dec 15, 2020

Fast-paced and full of data and insights. I enjoyed the tone (on the fun side, but not overdone) and the mix of lecture/graphics/interviews.

By Priti P

Oct 11, 2020

A great learning course on product management.This course has enhanced my knowledge on Product management and how to apply it in daily work.