Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

RA
Feb 15, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

151 - 175 of 819 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Kenneth M

Sep 16, 2017

Greatly enjoyed this course. I thought the topics were high level enough to really get a good understanding of what Product Management entails, but there were also enough examples to understand how to implement practices.

By Wessel P

A great Course! Highly recommended. Throughout the experience, I learned new methods and processes to build/ create better products and effectively communicate with team members! Thanks, Alex I enjoyed the interaction!

By Randy T

Sep 3, 2019

This course is really good. I love to learn a lot of things from the basic of product management until how we can execute it during the sprint.

All of the information is easy to use especially in my personal experience.

By NEO M

Oct 26, 2020

I highly recommend it, it is very insightful, helpful and exciting. It highlight the importance of planning and using methods, systems and processes such as Cavas model. Other importance elements in project management

By Dominic G

Feb 26, 2019

a great summary of the fundamentals and I learned a lot. I work for a larger corporation so some of the examples didn't quite fit with my current role, but I was easily able to extrapolate how to apply what I learned.

By Carlos E B C

Jul 27, 2020

A pesar que el idioma ingles no es mi fuerte, agradezco a la forma didáctica de Alex Coman al momento de dedicar tiempo para enseñar un tema tan interesante. Gracias a la Universidad de Virginia por esta oportunidad.

By Myriam U

Nov 12, 2017

As a UX Designer, this course has been great great to see a wider picture of product development.I got lots of practical tips and many of the questions have trigger self analysis and profssional improvement, thanks!

By Samuel F

Nov 15, 2020

Loved it! There was a huge range of techniques and approaches covered that touched upon lots of different elements of product management. I particularly enjoyed the real-life perspectives from real product managers

By antony j

Feb 16, 2019

For someone, like me, who has no experience with Product Management whatsoever, this course definitely has been a window into this domain. It has helped me understand the basics of what Product Management is about.

By Leo N

Jan 27, 2020

This is a hugely informative entry into the world of digital product management. Insights in the course, as well as the resources provided, will (I hope) prove to be invaluable to me as a DPM and my organisation.

By Gary L K I

Mar 24, 2019

Great course, great instructor. Alex has an outstanding ability to breakdown any concept and translate them no matter the students experience level. I am going to recommend this course to my staff and colleagues.

By Gaurav S

Jul 17, 2020

This is a great course for budding as well as seasoned Product Managers to refresh the approaches to begin, plan, test, validate and scale up what they are doing on a day to day basis. Found it really helpful!

By Kate M

Aug 25, 2020

This was such a good overview of many components of being a project manager. I appreciated the application/activity questions along the way and enjoyed the videos with advice from successful PMs in the field.

By Paula V P

Jul 5, 2020

It's more useful to people who is starting to work as a digital product manager, or are currently at that position. But in general, it has very good tips and advices that work for any kind of product manager.

By Gergely N

Dec 24, 2019

It was very practical and quite relevant to my current position and my future responsibilities. Alex is also great at explaining intangible things and showing bad and good examples plus giving practical tips.

By Tom T

Jun 23, 2020

Comprehensive, clear presentation of the tools and foundations for Digital Product Management. Interviews with practitioners give a good sense of reality and applicability of what is being taught. Thank you!

By Kaweerat P

Jul 4, 2020

This course is densely loaded with useful techniques for PMs. Though you can get overwhelm and need some time to crystallize, I highly recommend taking it. Thanks to the University of Virginia & Alex Cowan!

By عبدالله ص

Oct 7, 2020

its really comprehensive course , what is the unique about it to make it the best PM i have attended is to include more practical engagement event in the material itself or form the visitor participation.

By Eric M

Aug 18, 2020

Great for beginners! Content is well organized and structured for you to follow. There are a few technical terms but are not too difficult to understand after being explained. Would take this course again!

By Kriti R D

This is a really cool course for someone who wants to know and dive into the product management strategies. The course is engaging and gives us a real life perspective of solving product management issues.

By Jonathon G

Oct 14, 2017

Okay - so this experience has been amazing. First time through a Coursera. Great content taught by an articulate practitioner! I'm looking forward to applying these principles and techniques to my startup!

By Kendra D P

Nov 2, 2020

Very insightful course! Mr. Alex Cowan really explains everything with clearance and the guest speakers added even more perspective about product management and all the pieces of stuff associated with it.

By Stephen F

Jun 30, 2020

Fantastic course that went way beyond an overview and presented detailed actionable information. Alex was terrific, and his real world knowledge + interviews with working PMs brought the concepts to life.

By Siddharth

Apr 11, 2020

This is one of those rare courses that's based on empirical learning - love it and highly recommend this course to anyone that wants to get a rudimentary understanding of what product management involves.

By Avi J

Apr 3, 2020

Very nice course. Gives a very clear picture of what to expect from Product Management and the underlying principles and skills. Must do course for beginners and practicing professionals in product roles.