Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

SG

It was a really wonderful and structured course for Product Managers. There are many techniques which I didn't know and can use now to my product. Recommended course for all type of Product Managers.

201 - 225 of 979 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Eric M

Aug 18, 2020

Great for beginners! Content is well organized and structured for you to follow. There are a few technical terms but are not too difficult to understand after being explained. Would take this course again!

By Kriti R D

This is a really cool course for someone who wants to know and dive into the product management strategies. The course is engaging and gives us a real life perspective of solving product management issues.

By Jonathon G

Oct 14, 2017

Okay - so this experience has been amazing. First time through a Coursera. Great content taught by an articulate practitioner! I'm looking forward to applying these principles and techniques to my startup!

By Stephen F

Apr 29, 2021

Fantastic course that went way beyond an overview and presented detailed actionable information. Alex was terrific, and his real world knowledge + interviews with working PMs brought the concepts to life.

By Kendra D P

Nov 2, 2020

Very insightful course! Mr. Alex Cowan really explains everything with clearance and the guest speakers added even more perspective about product management and all the pieces of stuff associated with it.

By Siddharth

Apr 11, 2020

This is one of those rare courses that's based on empirical learning - love it and highly recommend this course to anyone that wants to get a rudimentary understanding of what product management involves.

By Avi J

Apr 3, 2020

Very nice course. Gives a very clear picture of what to expect from Product Management and the underlying principles and skills. Must do course for beginners and practicing professionals in product roles.

By Zhou S

Jan 29, 2018

Interesting concepts shared. Pracitical insights from industry practitioners. Finally understand how all the buzzword concepts link together. Course was well designed and the quizzes weren't easy! Thanks!

By Lucia H

Jan 22, 2021

This course makes me feel more motivated to face daily challenges inside my company. Agile techniques provides us with more confidence and organization to keep focused on what is really important as PMs.

By Milan L

Feb 3, 2021

Really well organized and touching on more-less all topics that PM can relate in daily activities. It helped me alot instantly to organize my work around product management since I was new in this role.

By Juan

Oct 21, 2018

Great course to have a large understanding of what product management is emphasising its interface role within the company. Highly recommend to people that want a hands-on course on Product Management.

By Rita A

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

By Victor L C

Dec 27, 2020

Great course to understand the way a PM can make grow a startup. Amazing teacher, Alex is a great communicator, and awesome lessons to have a good view about PM's work to create and improve products.

By Vladimir K

Dec 26, 2020

Nice course that seems to match what the real product managers I worked with were doing without spending too much time detailing agile rulebook practices. Challenging at times, which is a good thing.

By Janine W

Feb 5, 2021

I really enjoyed this course! The content was interesting and relevant and excellently delivered by Alex Cowan in the videos. I'm looking forward to working through the rest of this Specialization

By Mitko T

Nov 6, 2020

Very well structured course with a meaningful overview of methods and approaches to digital product management. I will certainly implement some if not all of what I learned in my own organization.

By paolo v

Apr 26, 2020

Very informative and well structured. Alex is very knowledgeable and he is capable of transfer his experience into practicable real business examples. Well done guys, I enjoyed taking this course!

By Johannes B W

May 23, 2019

I'm totally a Newbie about Digital Product Management. I learn a lot of New Things. I hope this Certificate will advance my career. Thank you Professor Alex Cowan for teaching me a lot of things.

By Hironaga Y

Feb 28, 2021

This is a great course for a traditional marketer to understand what the modern digital product management is and how I can apply to my current work to be relevant today's business environment.

By Kiana B

Aug 22, 2020

The instructor was successful in explaining concepts, as if his listeners are at a basic level of background and understanding of digital product management, while doing it on a steady pacing.

By Christian G

Jan 9, 2019

A good start into the topic with practical tools as a guide though. In the beginning I was in doubt but shortly you get used to the teaching style. @ the end I loved it and can only recommand.

By Krishna K

May 2, 2020

A fantastic course and it takes you to the on the ground reality and the frameworks and concepts shared was amazing. One would get a solid basics in place and can hit the ground much faster.

By Shahrzad S

Jan 20, 2020

I work as a product manager and this course was very very useful to me.

It is concise, to-the-point and practical and also gives clues about the potential useful areas to further your studies.

By Mathieu R

Mar 10, 2020

I was looking into getting into PM, I think it s a great overview of the role with practical tools to keep in mind. Loved the course, will make more confident in my next role and interviews.

By Lauren J

Oct 19, 2020

Professor Cowan created a super-engaging class that effectively taught me Product 101. The tests were challenging, but not impossible, which made motivated me to study and think logically.