Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF
Dec 22, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JR
Sep 4, 2020

The concepts learned during this course made possible for me to present the project financials in a better way to the director. This course should be a must for all of us in the project management.

101 - 125 of 523 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Matthew B

May 28, 2019

Solid program at a good pace. I enjoyed the structure and presentation. Specifically for accounting, having a clean, white background helped to simplifiy the content.

By sanghmitra

Jan 9, 2018

I did many online courses ,but dis one made me ready for journal entry, income statement all sort , with lots of practice questions.

I am very thankful to instructor .

By Khadija

Mar 15, 2021

It is a great Crouse . In it you learn how to record business transactions through financial statement, income statement, statement of cash flows and balance sheet.

By Hannah S

Sep 11, 2020

Excellent teacher. Luann demystifies the daunting lines and numbers behind balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow. Well-organized course!

By 山田志文

Dec 24, 2020

I was very happy to finish this course which helped me learn about bookkeeping and accounting basics. I hope I can pass the test of BATIC thanks to this course!

By Trinity M

Aug 24, 2020

I loved taking this course and I learned so much especially being someone who didn't know anything about accounting going into this. The instructor was great!

By Zebulon M

Jun 18, 2020

This course is perfect for those beginning to understand and finance accounting. The course is well constructed, and has plenty of support should you need it.

By JAMES S

Jul 27, 2020

Prof. Lynch was very clear and I like her enthusiasm. The examples were useful and the quiz questions reinforced the lessons. I highly recommend this course.

By Argyris F

Oct 8, 2019

This is a well structured course with easy to follow videos and practice quizzes! I recommend it to anyone who needs an introduction to financial accounting!

By Mohamed M I A

Jun 27, 2020

A great course for finance beginners or managers who didn't study finance before and in need to understanding financial statements and the accounting cycle

By Xavier S

Jul 4, 2020

Thank you !!! I am very happy to have this opportunity, and learned about all financial implication and support to improve my knowledge and skill at work.

By Luck R

Jun 6, 2020

This course is interesting, it helps me to build me foundation in accounting. Luann J.Lynch gives explained very well. Thank you for your good examples.

By Vaibhav S

Ms. Luaan Lynch was a very enthusiastic mentor and I was able to grasp the concepts in a very easy way. Thank you for making it so enjoyable and simpler

By Dragana Đ

Apr 5, 2020

This course is for everyone who does not have any prior knowledge in accounting and for everyone who would like check knowledge. Course is very clear .

By Odil N

Jul 7, 2020

excelente curso, la instructora explica de una manera clara y especifica, la facilidad de poder ver los videos cuando te quedan dudas es de gran ayuda.

By Anton P

Nov 10, 2019

Really helpful and informative introduction to the world of Finance. Thank you Luann for the clear and easy to learn instruction throughout the course.

By Shujie Z

Jun 19, 2020

This course is great. The professor explains things in an intuitive and clear way. The mentor in the discussion forum is also wonderful. Recommended!

By Carena T S

Apr 4, 2021

Because of such a good delivery of this course work I was able to grasped so much if not everything that was taught. Thanks for such great delivery

By Brandi

Jun 10, 2020

She does a great job of breaking things down to make everything understandable, and then tying it all together to make the entire concept cohesive.

By Bharat P

May 15, 2020

A superlative course! I wanted to understand the fundamentals of accounting, and, thanks to this course, I do now! Looking forward to what's next!

By Edward C

Feb 22, 2020

GREAT course....enjoyed the material even though it is not a easy subject for me to get quickly...I did receive tools that I can use in the future

By Rosamary U

Jun 12, 2020

Thanks to Miss Lynch, it is the best class I ever taken, it helped me solve many questions. Excellent classes, material and super well explained.

By John F

Nov 23, 2020

Very informative lessons with a good pace and plenty of examples. The videos are humorous and allow for learning of account fundamentals quickly

By Daniel C

Mar 15, 2019

Great content, good pace, challenging quizzes. Coursera, I hoped I could have a 100% progress even without paying and taking the graded quizzes.