Back to Financial Accounting Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting Fundamentals by University of Virginia

This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, will teach you the tools you'll need to understand the fundamentals of financial accounting. Concise videos, the financial records of a small business, and "your turn" activities guide you through the three most commonly used financial statements: the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement, and the Statement of Cash Flows. Beyond recording transactions, you'll learn how to prepare these financial statements, and read and analyze them to draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Use journal entries to record transactions - Prepare and use t-accounts to summarize transactions recorded during an accounting period - Describe the three most commonly used financial statements and how they fit together - Prepare these financial statements based on transactions recorded during an accounting period - Draw basic conclusions about a company's financial health...

RF
Dec 22, 2019

I recommend this course to all beginners in understanding accounting , this course completely put you into your first step of the world of financial accounting , and professor luann is really amazing

JR
Sep 4, 2020

The concepts learned during this course made possible for me to present the project financials in a better way to the director. This course should be a must for all of us in the project management.

151 - 175 of 489 Reviews for Financial Accounting Fundamentals

By Mohamed K

Jan 27, 2019

Easy to follow and understand. I have the feeling that each small detail is given. Thank you for this opportunity.

By Ernie M

Aug 29, 2020

Excellent overview of the fundamental underpinnings of financial accounting. Clearly explained and well-taught.

By Varun A

Jun 15, 2020

One of the best courses available.

Amazing teacher and the perfect way to start your accounting journey

By Rachel B

May 23, 2020

Overall very good course. I knew practically nothing about accounting going in, an I feel like I learned a lot.

By Muhannad A

Jul 2, 2019

One of the best courses that I have ever taken. I learned a great deal about accounting. I highly recommend it.

By Jair d S C F

Jul 8, 2020

Best accounting course I've ever taken out of what I saw in my college. I really recommend it to all beginners

By Phat P

Oct 1, 2019

This course is great! I learned a lot in accounting and how to read financial, cash flow statement. Recommend!

By Theresa H

Jun 21, 2020

Well laid out with lots of practice activities and smooth progression up the ladder of intensity of concepts.

By BEATRICE L

Jan 15, 2021

I enjoyed the course. The Tutor was Superb. It has improved my financial Accounting knowledge. Thank you.

By Muftau A I

Aug 15, 2020

Its a good course to take in understanding the fundamentals and necessary skills about Financial Accounting.

By Tess D

Jun 19, 2020

A great, and informative intro to accounting! Luann was enjoyable to watch, and explained things thoroughly!

By ABDELFATTAH G A H

Dec 22, 2017

Thank you to everyone for their great effort. Thank you to Proveser Luan for a simple and smooth explanation

By Erdi A

Jun 4, 2020

The course teaches you all it promises. Its explained so well everyone can learn its information. Good job.

By Ashfia R

Jul 18, 2020

It was an amazing course to start with as it includes and briefs about all the fundamentals of accounting!

By Eugene H

Jun 24, 2019

It was a great course and I learned so much! The videos were very detailed and it was easy to take notes.

By Jika S

Sep 4, 2017

very satisfied, took me longer to understand then I expected but it worth it. Thank you much, Professor!

By Lan D

The professor is really excellent at explaining accounting concepts, and she's funny too in a nerdy way

By Tan W Q

May 5, 2020

Fantastic course, I learnt so much. Good for absolute beginners like me. Thanks prof! Really enjoyed it

By Angel E N A

Jun 21, 2020

Really good material and explanation of elaborate concepts. I liked Professor Lynch's way of teaching.

By Pushkar S S

Jun 20, 2020

A very good course with good practice examples! I would say a must for beginners in accounting domain!

By Kathryn A

Apr 30, 2020

This course is an excellent overview of financial accounting that is taught in an easy-to-follow yet c

By Atah B F

Jul 17, 2020

Great course, great pedagogic approach, challenging and interesting quizzes, well explained concepts.

By Vanessa G

Jan 11, 2020

Prof Luann is awesome! She explains everything so well. I can't wait to start another of her courses.

By Anamaria M

Aug 31, 2020

Great course. Luann Lynch is very good at explaining the basics of accounting in the simplest terms.