Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AG

Jun 25, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

OT

Feb 24, 2017

This course was an excellent introduction to Agile, particularly for a 'newbie'. Having heard about Agile I've been interested in learning more and found this course to be exactly what I needed.

101 - 125 of 563 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Rachel H

Jun 05, 2016

Watching the videos has made taking this unit much easier and more efficient. The material is at the right level of detail and each topic is explained well. Love Coursera also!

By Abu S A

Jul 25, 2020

Very ideal for working professional. Lot of new materials as processes and Agile challenges are evolving, a good course to enroll. Lot of earning happened with challenges..

By moira d

Jun 28, 2020

really enjoyed this course, learnt quite a lot of new techniques which I will put into practice, very practical, pulling it all together in the assignment was very beneficial

By Lucas D P

Jul 14, 2019

An incredible opportunity for nontechnical cofounders. It helped me articulate my user's needs to my developers clearly. It drove a lot more value in our product development.

By S k

Aug 26, 2017

well thought out and structured class. The inclusion of skits were particularly useful. Enjoyed the class as it has practical application to my work with tools and practices.

By Andro S

Jan 13, 2018

A beneficial course for anybody who is in software or solution development. Either a manager or team, it gives insight into collaboration and customer's need identification.

By HARINDRA W P

Awesome course on how we develop empathy and understand how our persona think, see, feel and do things to identify problem scenario and deliver better value proposition.

By Nino G

Sep 07, 2019

I liked the course very much. When I started everything was so new to me. Now I look back & I can talk about I've learnt and I can use all I've learnt. Excellent course.

By Matthew B

Jan 06, 2019

Great course. Alex does an excellent job stepping through the materials and providing supporting resources. I really like how he structures /presents the subject matter.

By Amadou

Apr 21, 2016

Just a wonderful course filled with rich details and priceless experiences. A must-see for all those seriously interested in management, whatever your field or industry.

By Subramanya S

Oct 23, 2018

This is a nice course for people who want to clearly understand what is a customer's need by asking them the right questions and documenting them in a structured manner

By Lizz J

Mar 22, 2016

Very practical course with lots of worked examples and templates - I can immediately relate this to my work and wish I had known some of these techniques in the past!

By Runjhun P

Feb 11, 2019

Course is well designed to undertand the persona and problem scenarios. Also, it give good insights as to how to write effective user stories and related test cases.

By Goncalo C S C E

May 14, 2019

Fundamentally Strong in Process and Lean value ( delivering what the customers really means), also with great "gut" to go out there and experiment and then decide.

By Irene I

Feb 28, 2020

I loved every step of my course, a big thank you to Alex and classmates. I also thank the coursera support team who helped me when I was blocked by the payment.

By SHAINI C

The course is useful and explanation is quite practical oriented so it helps beginner to learn properly. And also the case study helps to get great experience.

By Nadeem J

Apr 22, 2017

I found this course very nice and beneficial to my professional thinking. It make me rethink the way I thought about requirements collection in formal methods.

By CHRISTINE E B

Dec 15, 2017

An eye opening approach to innovation that encourages deep engagement with users. I'm looking forward to using what I've learned in the businesses I support.

By Rajeev C

Aug 10, 2020

Very good learning experience. Great content and the instructor had a superb command over the topic. A must have course of product owners / product managers.

By Sunil B

Apr 01, 2018

Excellent material, good quizzes, and most important - very good peer review exercises, required some thinking and time to do our own, and review the peers'.

By Armando L U

May 07, 2018

It is a great course to understand the bases to define the problems, users and align the applicants, users and developers to start working in an agile way.

By Lofitskyi E

Mar 07, 2016

Good course. Introduce you to agile methodology, and show how to do first steps in agile development. Also the is excellent, interesting assignment project

By Moises D

Jul 20, 2020

Excelente metodología y didáctica. Aplicable a diferentes industrias (inclusive salud como en la que estoy). Buen curso introductorio a Design Thinking

By Thomas P

Feb 26, 2020

The first few weeks is very dry and difficult to get through. After week one, things definitely picked up and felt more understandable, and far less dry.

By Emmanuel T

Jan 31, 2018

The instructor is structured, articulated and engaging. I found the assignments really helpful to dig deeper and assimilate the materials. Great course!!