Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA
Sep 8, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

KP
Mar 16, 2021

The course is very well designed & Alex has wonderfully explained the concepts very nicely...the pace of the course is fairly balanced...a big thanks to Alex and coursera for organizing this course

101 - 125 of 785 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Alex E

Aug 31, 2020

Really useful for giving an early insight into a career in tech and lots of transferrable skills that can be used in any team environment. Alex Cowan is a great lecturer and presents the material concisely and eloquently.

By CHANDRA P K

Jul 13, 2018

This course give so much knowledge on building solid foundation on creating great product/project. Specially the skits provided are done brilliantly help reader understand piratically. Mr. Alex you're amazing. Thank you

By Francis C

Dec 2, 2020

Good stuff! A lot of it seems kinda obvious, but it is necessary to have a structure within which to consider these things, a frame to put them in. It isn't something that comes naturally to me, but it's good to learn.

By Nancy H

Oct 9, 2019

Alex Cowen really does a great job of "keeping it real" and easy to understand and follow. The quizzes are short but make sure you understand the key points and the assignment is relevant and drives home the concepts.

By Thomas D

Feb 1, 2017

Excellent material, easy to follow lecturing style that kept me engaged in small enough chunks that were easy to fit into what ever spare time I had. I also learned a lot grading peer assignments which was also great.

By Shahrin S

Alex Cowan works hard to deliver the course. He knows the subject inside-out and he is generous in his sharing. He inspires me not only on the subject but also on what generosity in sharing of knowledge looks like.

By Dejan M

Apr 17, 2020

Excellent Course, fully recommended. This course enrich and update my background education to strengthen my abilities in Agile field and recognize the important aspects of the Agile in modern business environment.

By Giulio R

Apr 6, 2016

I really liked the teacher and the course. With rich examples and study cases that usually are not find in this kind of courses. I found this course with the correct balance between theoretical and practical parts.

By Yuliya S

Dec 3, 2017

Great course! Loved it, very structured and practical. Definitely laerned a lot, and gained very useful templates for future use in Agile Design planning and execution. Thanks for making in available on coursera.

By Yanina Z

Jul 28, 2018

I have just started week 1, so my feedback is rather narrow, but I really like the introduction part and the interactive session with Bill Wake and Crag Cohen. And overall the modules are very carefully planned.

By Barbara M

Oct 21, 2020

One of the most practical courses I have taken. It's just the first course of a "Specialization" but It really gave me a loooot of tools and I could practise that during the course. I loved it. Worth your time.

By Ramesh V

Jul 29, 2019

This is amazing course and well organized by Mr. Alex. He is a great teacher and easy to understand him. It has a lot of useful information about Building persona and user stories. Thank you so much! Mr. Alex.

By Utkarsh K

Sep 17, 2020

Meticulously designed course! I urge all aspiring product managers to undertake this course to further deepen the understanding of product management. Well designed and executed course! Thank you Prof. Cohen!

By Yan J

Nov 6, 2018

Great for the layman with zero IT background to learn how agile ops-tech teams apply methodologies to create more user-centric products.

Video lengths just right and engaging content and delivery by professor.

By Pablo C G

Oct 29, 2020

One of the best courses I've completed with Coursera. The teacher was really knowledgeable, clear in his explanations and the examples and skits along the course really helped key concepts sinking in. Thanks

By Brittany M

Jun 19, 2020

This course has a peer reviewed assignment which was great because I could apply the concepts taught o my work during the class - not taking up yet additional time. It really has helped my understanding.

By Alex V

Feb 15, 2020

Fantastic course. I suggest having a new product / business in mind then taking the course as a step by step guide to design thinking your problem through vs the alternative (inferior) ways of launching!

By Luiz A H H

Dec 20, 2019

Very good course! The lessons are very didactic and easy to understand.

Also, there is a very nice approach I liked, which is a practical example of each part of the methods.

I fully recommend this course.

By Ryan S

Jun 29, 2016

Great stuff. This guy explains and illustrates concepts clearly, uses the pedagogical tools intelligently and sweats the presentational details. I'm excited about going deeper into this specialization.

By David V P

Dec 22, 2020

Excellent course, great teacher, excellent structure, as a non native English speaker it was very easy to follow the videos and tasks. I enjoying the classes and I learned a lot about agile methodology.

By Asma A

Sep 9, 2020

By Jens M

Aug 4, 2020

Apart from the fact that it is easy and very understandable to follow Alex's lessons, the mixture of theory and practice, also in the tests to be submitted, is excellent. The course was a lot of fun!

By Kamakhi P

Mar 17, 2021

By Разумова О

Dec 11, 2018

The most I like about this course is that it has a lot of examples and practical tasks. I mean the education is not based on the theory only. I think Alex and his team did a great job. Thank you!

By Prottay H

Aug 30, 2020

Great course. It's not too self-contained, however. I understand a lot of the material makes more sense in the context of later courses in the specialization. Cowan is an understanding teacher.