Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW
May 7, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

1601 - 1625 of 1,687 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Maria C L C

May 14, 2020

It's not what I was expecting. I don't feel comfortable with the way the instructor conveys the topics of the course. On the other hand, in general, I found the content too soft (and I do not have a marketing background) so I get bored easily with the lessons. Since I am more a quant person, I was hoping to delve into the quantitative approaches to analyze marketing data but simply the course isn't designed that way. Maybe I did not read the description carefully.

By Liza P

Material is interesting and the instructor seems knowledgable however he does not explain concepts clearly and moves way too fast. Formulas are not provided and quizzes test concepts not taught. I spent a lot of time conducting outside research to actually learn concepts. I was also disappointed in the lack of resources for help. I wish the instructor or mentors were available in the discussion forums.

By Saheli B

Jul 13, 2020

The course was good enough. It had enough problems and assignments to give a clear understanding of the concepts. Although the explanation was mostly understandable and simple, in a few areas, like in the experiments module and calculation of sales lift, it got very confusing. I had difficulty in understanding that module. Nonetheless, this course proved valuable to me.

By Mari I

Jun 17, 2020

While the course was fairly easy to get through, I wish the professor would introduce formulas in its blank form before filling it in with examples. I struggle with math and it's difficult to try to learn a formula and how to apply it to certain marketing techniques outside of the course when your only exposure to it is filled with example numbers.

By KRITIKA G

Nov 6, 2017

It covers basics of marketing analytics and not a very advanced level. For advanced levels you may want to look at other courses on MA. The professor is good and helps gain understanding of the topic succinctly . It is good to start with but advanced knowledge will be required to better understand the topic.

By Li Y

Oct 2, 2020

The course content is not very well organized or structured, it makes the content forgetable and I always find myself missing the key points of the course. And the course material is mostly words or charts, so it's actually a bit boring. Hope the developer of this course can add more elements to it.

By Binoy P

Quite informative but the instructor need to be more clear in his explanation. More than once I found error in his formula. That results in more confusion for the viewer.

Worst part is him going overboard with squash and vegetable analogy. Please stop dad jokes.

By Naomi F G

Nov 17, 2017

Explanations were quite difficult to follow and exams contained questions that weren't explained properly during the videos. Questions should be in line with examples of the video classes and I felt some of them were more complicated.

By Shahrukh s

Apr 22, 2020

I believe there should have been a little more in depth discussion and application and regression. The content of week 1 does not include any squash!! so I believe a course on analytics without numbers seemed quite weird

By Arush S

Apr 10, 2020

Assignments could be more comprehensive and more practical tasks ensured deeper learning. Moreover, topics like CLV were not covered in detail. Else the course was good for someone will no or little knowledge. Cheers!

By Garyfallia K

Jan 13, 2021

It was an nice experience! I am studying food science an technology and one of my courses was marketing and alalytics , concequently this experience with coursera helped me to comprehend to a better extend marketing

By Pengkai X

Mar 24, 2019

The course provides good background information about marketing and basic analytics methods. But there are not many examples in each module and not enough mathematical explanation for each calculation.

By Sherry C

I wished there was more of a breakdown of how to use excel to compute R square and essential metrics for a regression line. The course seems a bit outdated. The instructor was a bit repetitive..

By Vinyas N M

Brilliantly designed Course

Calculations have to be explained more Logically, especially regression

I ,being a statistics student ,could not understand the logic behind the calculations done

By KARUNYA K G

Nov 21, 2020

it was very nice course and we known about what is marketing analytics in the real business life it was very easy to understand and I was understand that what is marketing in business.

By Bernard Y

Sep 8, 2020

High level introductory course into marketing analytics, but mostly theoretical. More hands on session would be really helpful in driving the concepts into practice.

By SUBODH A S

Apr 8, 2020

want a little bit more clarification about all thing all this tech in short but I learnt to many new things and also how to apply things which I know.

By Malladi R G K

Jul 30, 2020

this course is great except it didn't explained the practical analytic tools. the math done and things put together is confusing

By Shubham D

Sep 9, 2017

Some areas are very easy whereas some areas are very difficult. There is no alignment in the syllabus. Can look over the issue.

By Sharron D

Mar 24, 2016

Very good information a little confusion with the regression it's like doing algebra but I like the course.

By siddhant g

Sep 30, 2019

very basic coverage of all the topic, i was expecting some in depth knowledge for the price i have paid

By Poorvika B

More of theory and less of practical experience. But a nice experience for beginners

By Deeksha G

Aug 7, 2020

the course was knowledgeable, although more emphasis could be given on explanation.

By Agnė F

Jun 29, 2020

The information itself is ok, but I was not a fan of the actual "story-telling".

By R R

May 7, 2018

Compared to the other courses that I have done this was not very interesting