Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

TL
Jan 7, 2021

This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.

101 - 125 of 1,573 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Anna K T

Nov 9, 2020

This is very informative. Knowing how to breakdown tasks and how to identify critical tasks is actually something that I'm already applying in the projects that I want to get done by first quarter next year! I was surprised with how much work is remaining after I finished listing down all the tasks required. Thank you for this!

By John K

Mar 2, 2018

I very much enjoyed the seminar and learned a lot. It was well organized, engaging and had good content this training was well laid out and presented clearly.

The Material was engaging, the instructor was knowledgeable and personable. Fun and engaging introduction into the most valuable project management concepts.

Well done!

By Szymon P

Sep 29, 2020

This course is really good structured, and the knowledge is well portioned in chunks, so I never felt stressed, that it will be to much. The examination after every week helped me to focus on every week’s amount of knowledge. I appreciated much the many references to the most recent studies and business examples provided.

By Werner B

Aug 8, 2016

This is my first course completed on Coursera web. I must say that it gave me a lot of very interesting information, the assessments were not easy to pass, videos were prepared very carefully (subtitles is a perfect idea!!) and - finalizing the course by own project is nice way to implement the knowledge into the practice

By Jennifer S

Jun 19, 2021

Fantastic! The course was a complete survey of the core ideas, terminology and processes involved within Project Planning and Management. As an added bonus, the material went beyond the pedagogical and provided students with working models both by hand and through suggested software programs and supplemental tutorials.

By Lawana N W

Nov 26, 2015

This was a wonderful course! Prior to taking it, I had no idea how much project planning and management entailed. Additionally, I wasn't aware of the plethora of programs currently on the market that helps one facilitate the process of planning and managing a project. I found this course very insightful! Thank you!

By Gaurav G G

It was very great experience with course and tutor. I'm an engineering student who wants to career in the management field. At start, I didn't had any idea about sales, management, risks and everything. But now , I have the basic knowledge about management . The assignments were quite tough but useful. Amazing course!

By Muhammad S T

Aug 27, 2020

I've been longing for a teacher who actually wanted to teach, and Yael is definitely the one.

The course was easy, to-the-point & most of all UPDATED. These competencies are not easy to in regular university courses since they mostly focus on following 20-40 years old Textbooks.

Loved it.

Hope to Lear more in the Future.

By maqsood k

Apr 30, 2020

First of all, i want to thank the whole management of this course. it is a good start to provide a online certificate for those who could not come to USA. This course provide me a lot of knowledge about project management and i hope this knowledge will provide me more opportunities in coming days.

thanks once again.

By Clifford P

Feb 21, 2016

This was a great course and very informative at that. I have been working on projects for years and have had my own inklings about how to execute projects alongside a few tools I had developed along the way but this course had the same tools and a few more I hadn't thought of before so I can greatly appreciate it.

By Markus H

Jul 17, 2020

Comprehensive learning path through the fundamentals of Project Planning and Management with a well prepared digital didactic concept. More to come by digging into special topics having now a good overview about what is important. Thanks for the opportunity and for having me. Best regards and all the best, Markus

By Geofrey W

Oct 20, 2020

Course is thoughtfully put together and content presented in a logical progression in terms of complexity. Although completely new to the Project Management concepts, I was able to gain knowledge and skills that will be invaluable to my work. I am confident that I can take on more in-depth study of the subject.

By Preeti S

Mar 28, 2020

Really wish I would have taken this course earlier in my current role. I found it very helpful in learning how to approach a project. I've led several projects with informal timelines and notes kept in excel. I found the method of breaking down each task and dependency very helpful and can apply it to my job.

By MUHAMMAD Z

It has been a great journey of learning with Professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Within short time I have learnt a lot of useful things which I couldn't find anywhere else and not in depth. I'm very grateful to University Of Virginia for offering this course. A big thanks to Coursera team for hosting this course.

By Cleophas P

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed the course and it opened on all aspects of Projects Planning and Management. The Instructor Yael is really good and knows her stuff. She was very eloquent providing examples and scenarios to better understand concepts.

The course layout was followed through clearly and i basically enjoyed it.

By Mrinal K D

Jul 27, 2020

I would give this course of 5 star because

- the course was well thought of and was very wisely divided into small learning parts that actually helped me in grasping the matter in a through manner

- in each video the concept was elaborately taught with examples

- the course material was of very good quality

By ashley k

Feb 18, 2016

I love the way the class was organized from initiation to project execution and closing. I think the class would be better if the reason behind the correct quiz answers was given, for me this help me understand how to reason and be in the proper mindset when choosing and answer. Overall, great class and tea

By Maria P S G

Apr 6, 2021

Yael es una gran comunicadora.

Aunque llevo años como Jefe de Proyecto he retomado muchos conceptos que tenia olvidados y en los que no reparaba porque el dia a dia en los proyectos que desarrollo (de corta duracion) no me permiten dedicar tiempo a llevar a cabo todas las fases como sería lo idoneo.

Gracias!

By Leonardo J

Dec 13, 2020

This is my first time taking an online course and I am greatly satisfied with it. This course was very well prepared, of course we as students must dedicate some time of our days to read, watch the videos and review so you can take the quizz and pass it or you won't reach what you want.

Thank you very much.

By Dianne R

May 9, 2020

This course was the absolute best one i have done on coursera. It was clear and concise. The examinations were very well structured. The entire course was taught in a brilliant and easily understandable way. I recommend this to anyone interested in Project Management. It was a great introductory course.

By Carolyn B

Excellent Foundational Course to Project Managment and Planning. Prof Grushka-Cockayne knows her subject material and the information introduced is an excellent first course in this highly in-demand skill. Supplemental materials on powerful features on MS Project are well presented and integrated.

By Jaime N M

Aug 7, 2018

Perfect Course if you are looking to dig in to the basics of project planning. I followed the course closely and complemented the information with the PMBOK. If your are looking to just see the surface of project planning and management this course is a quick and efficient way to achieve this goal.

By animesh s

Feb 21, 2016

This is the best online course. I want to pursue my Masters in Construction Management and this course has helped me to get an idea of how its to manage stuffs around the globe. I would like to thank Coursera for such a beautiful course. Its worth spending time for this course. Just go for it.

By Pablo A J V

Nov 29, 2020

I have never learnt so much in my life. The instructor is amaizing at explaining all the material. I had a great time learning with this course. Definitely, I would take more courses with the instructor since she got me interested in the fascinating world of project planning and management.

By véronique d

Sep 15, 2020

Takes you by the hand through project planning and management. The exercises and case studies (although supplemental) are a big help to grasp the content. The professor speaks in a very nice and calm way, making it possible to understand the material, even after a long day of hard work.