Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH
Mar 18, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

226 - 250 of 1,264 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Er A D

May 6, 2016

Coursera helps me in developing major skills and knowledge about the project planning and management because of the lectures given by the worlds finest teachers and latest technology

By ANTHONY M M

Feb 25, 2018

This was a very useful piece of information to me. Being a tech student and running a business. This course come in handy for my personal development and business will sure thrive.

By Andre C

May 9, 2020

Great introductory course, covered all the basics at a good level of detail; and started to get into some of the tools, software and methods that can be practically applied. Thx!

By Carmela F

Jun 9, 2020

I never thought I'll learn project planning and management like this. This is very helpful at the same time useful for my program. I highly recommend this for beginners like me.

By Dmitry A

Aug 5, 2017

Great course for those who has no idea about what the project management is. Course materials are sufficient and professor is really great, she knows how to present information!

By Darren M R

Nov 12, 2020

A great course for beginners like me. I am proud to have taken this short course about planning and management. This helps me in my career and a plus factor in job application.

By Julianne N

Aug 29, 2018

This was very well done! Highly informative and interactive, not at all overwhelming, and obviously very well planned (as one would expect from a course on Project Management).

By Mehdi I

Jul 16, 2018

The tools and techniques taught in this course are very helpful for managing a project. The course also offered real life experiences and examples so that learners can relate.

By Aaron W

Jun 9, 2018

The course was very informative and covered the basics very well. It was entirely worth taking and the course was very manageable to take along with my standard work schedule.

By Rosabel C

Oct 6, 2020

The course is very informative and handy in decision-making. My knowledge on business management was somehow refreshed and expanded through this course. Thank you very much!

By Raymond S

May 14, 2017

I am thankful for this course. Week 3 was one of the best for me and learning what I did about risk is so critical to project success. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

By Mauricio g s

Sep 18, 2020

En mi opinión es un curso muy completo, permite tener un panorama más amplio sobre la manera correcta de administrar un proyecto, ha sido muy satisfactorio. Muchas gracias.

By Ivan L J

Feb 2, 2016

The course has important insights about the Planning a Project. I really liked it and it was not time consuming, you can do it easily with your daily routine. Really good!

By Jude N

Jul 9, 2020

I really loved this course. I learned a lot about how to plan, manage, and execute projects. Looking forward to apply these concepts on my business venture in the future.

By DAVADRA R P

May 13, 2020

it was really great, the explanation of the critical topics was really great topics like CPM but i would like to suggest cover one more method called PERT in this course.

By Samy S

The course allowed me to review some project management basics, learn new things and the teacher was really clear in breaking down points and illustrating them. Perfect!

By Neha G

Jul 30, 2020

I really found this course amazing .. It has given me immense knowledge about the course .

Excellent Materials and very clear understanding . Thanks to the Facilitator .

By A. S S

Jul 10, 2020

A very comprehensive approach to the Science of Project Management using simple up-to-date tools and simple easy to follow language. My commendation to the Course Team.

By Chiraag B

Jun 5, 2020

Very good course. Recommend to everyone (Beginners too) who wants to learn or expand knowledge in PM. The instructions / teaching and examples are very clear and crisp

By Arturo O R

Sep 19, 2016

Aunque es un curso de fundamentos de la Administración de Proyectos, me parece que es bastante completo. Hay claridad por parte de la profesora y el material es bueno.

By Vera P

Dec 6, 2015

One of the best courses I ever taken on project management. Touches all the information you need as a PM so than you can expand the knowlege of those you need or use.

By Sakshi M

Sep 16, 2020

This is an extremely informative and comprehensive course for a learner with non management background. I found it extremely beneficial and helpful in my due course.

By Will F

Sep 5, 2020

great in depth explanations of core concepts and advanced planning analysis. If all project managers did this, we would have a more controlled and insightful world.

By Victoria R

Apr 22, 2020

This was an excellent course taught in a very clear, engaging, and fun way! Really enjoyed Yael's method of teaching and would happily take another course with her!

By Deepesh D

Dec 21, 2019

The course contents were good. The course provided a good insight of the project planning process, tools and different activities and how to evaluate project risks.