Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FF
Dec 31, 2020

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

JL
Sep 6, 2020

Very informative, concise, and easy to digest. Provides a solid foundation / framework for approaching projects, with great tutorials on using software for analysis. Great experience overall, thanks!

251 - 275 of 1,631 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Rania E J

Jul 26, 2020

The instructor's approach is very comprehensible and she has a subtle way to convey the ideas and visualize them. The ideas are straightforward and what you need to enhance your knowledge.

By Keshaun P

Nov 16, 2020

Very beneficial course with real world examples and step by step walkthrough instructions that are sure to help any project manager get started with creating projects to change the world!

By Justine K

Feb 21, 2018

This course is exceptional and has gave me highlights on various aspects of project planning such as being able to establish dependencies on different task and determining critical task.

By Carlos J P B

Sep 3, 2020

Excelente, aprendi las bases para poder no solo crear proyectos si no tambien aprender a manejarlos, excelente como se aborda el tema de los riesgos que esto con lleva para realizarlos.

By Božica H

Jan 23, 2017

Very useful course with practical examples and tutorials on MS Project included. Learned some new things such as stakeholder power/interest grid, SPI and CPI that I haven't used before.

By Mạnh T

Oct 22, 2020

Thanks to the course that helps me a lot to understand the basic knowledge of project management. Moreover, my feelings about project management really good after learning that course!

By Patriot S

Sep 20, 2020

This course enlighten me with PM language, Framework and methodologies, Which I believe it is important as our fundamentals capabilities to manage projects both small and large scaled.

By Maddie S

Straightforward, well-explained content and effective examples! Just the right amount of information for an intro course. High standards for learning too, which helped keep me focused!

By Alexandre M S

Feb 14, 2016

The course provided a bunch of meaningful insights. Many techniques to approach project management were presented. I feel much more prepared to handle a project now. Excellent content!

By Samson O A

Nov 11, 2019

If you are looking to kick start an illustrious career in Project management, this is the right place to start. I really learned a lot in the four weeks or so I spent on this course.

By Mero T D A E

Sep 9, 2018

That's my first time I learn online

Thanks for the University of Virginia and Coursera to give me that's opportunity and it will not be last time I learn on Coursera

Good work 😁😁😁

By Er A D

May 6, 2016

Coursera helps me in developing major skills and knowledge about the project planning and management because of the lectures given by the worlds finest teachers and latest technology

By kolapo v

Mar 11, 2021

The course is really insightful, even though I'm done with it, I'll still create time to go over it again especially the supplementary, maybe because I love use of software. Smiles.

By Ronit N

Aug 5, 2021

It was a great experience and a wonderful course which will definitely help me in future for any project related activities and how to aim, plan, execute and close off any project.

By ANTHONY M M

Feb 25, 2018

This was a very useful piece of information to me. Being a tech student and running a business. This course come in handy for my personal development and business will sure thrive.

By Andre C

May 9, 2020

Great introductory course, covered all the basics at a good level of detail; and started to get into some of the tools, software and methods that can be practically applied. Thx!

By Carmela F

Jun 9, 2020

I never thought I'll learn project planning and management like this. This is very helpful at the same time useful for my program. I highly recommend this for beginners like me.

By Dmitry A

Aug 5, 2017

Great course for those who has no idea about what the project management is. Course materials are sufficient and professor is really great, she knows how to present information!

By Samikshya P

May 6, 2021

Very useful course on Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management. Advisable for all grades once to complete it. I personally recommend this to all. In fact I learnt a lot.

By Darren R

Nov 12, 2020

A great course for beginners like me. I am proud to have taken this short course about planning and management. This helps me in my career and a plus factor in job application.

By Julianne N

Aug 29, 2018

This was very well done! Highly informative and interactive, not at all overwhelming, and obviously very well planned (as one would expect from a course on Project Management).

By Mehdi I

Jul 16, 2018

The tools and techniques taught in this course are very helpful for managing a project. The course also offered real life experiences and examples so that learners can relate.

By Aaron W

Jun 9, 2018

The course was very informative and covered the basics very well. It was entirely worth taking and the course was very manageable to take along with my standard work schedule.

By Rosabel C

Oct 6, 2020

The course is very informative and handy in decision-making. My knowledge on business management was somehow refreshed and expanded through this course. Thank you very much!