Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122)...

FG

Apr 02, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

SH

Mar 19, 2018

The course provided a good introductory lessons on project planning and management. The course was organized clearly with interesting exercises and the instructions were helpful. Thank you very much.

101 - 125 of 959 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Adrienne S O

Apr 25, 2019

This course was very interesting, it packed in a lot of information into easy to digest lectures. It utilized relevant examples and cases to reflect our learning on. I feel I learned a lot from this course and would recommend it to a colleague!

By Luca P

Mar 29, 2020

The course was well taught and the subject were presented in a plain, understandable way. The four weeks of the course were a nice introduction to PM basic technique. It would be nice if this course could be part of a much deeper specialization.

By Pradeep K

Feb 21, 2017

Outstanding course. The instructor looks very experienced and the examples she demonstrated were very good. She explained each concept in detail which a person can use in his/her project. I will definitely refer my friends to take this course.

By Marco G

It is a really interesting and well explained course. Congratulation to the professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne. Her passion goes thorough the screen making every topic clear and understandable. I will suggest Coursera platform.

Marco

By Oleksandr A

Feb 01, 2018

Clear and logical introduction into Project Management. Which is not getting nearly enough attention as it should, because of all the attention to Leadership. Leadership alone will not get it done, planning and management is also important.

By Daniel D B

Jul 26, 2020

This course helped me update fundamental concepts for project management. Very updated topics are covered that are seen in a practical way. The instructor, Yael Grushka-Cockayne, is very well qualified and teaches in a very didactic way.

By SRIDHAR K

A good course to gain knowledge of project planning and management. Useful for student, professionals and job seekers to understand the importance of project planning. A well-presetned course. Assignments are good to gain more knowledge.

By Johnson K

This course was really good for someone that never had any experience in project management I understood it very well and gain knowledge that I will be able to use. I will continue studying other courses to equip myself better. Thank you

By Alberto D

Feb 20, 2016

It is an excellent tool to learn how to cope with projects on your own. It has the fundamentals to start planning projects, not only those related to business, you can also apply this material in your personal life and academical goals.

By Steven K

Jun 28, 2020

My objective was to get an understanding of Project Managment the process, before learning Microsoft Project.

This course has helped me meet that objective

The presenter is clear, the material is well arranged with good examples

By Kevin B L

Great course, good flow of information. Yael makes great introductions to new topics and keeps learning very interesting. Each section has use cases and also shows you how to do your own practice on excel/ms project. Awesome training.

By Anita M

Aug 04, 2019

Extremely informative for a new project planning professional. Great starting point to continue studies in project management and beyond. Could provide even more content if able to. This course taught me a lot but left me wanting more

By Hans N B

Dec 13, 2016

This course is very informative, and helpful especially to those who will be managing projects without formal education about project management. The lecturer delivers each topic clearly and provides insights about managing projects.

By Olena P

Sep 11, 2016

The course is of a great practical meaning. Interesting and easy to understand. Highly recommend to everyone! Life is full of projects and it is really worth managing them effectively.

Many thanks to the team that prepared the course.

By jesse e

Nov 02, 2018

Great Course. I had no idea how little I knew about projects until I took this course. And I've learned so much and what's great is that i'm implementing everything I've learned in running a live project that I'm currently managing!

By Sviatoslav B

Aug 08, 2017

In this course professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne explains how to build successful project using modern tools and knowledge. It is great course for those who want build career like Project Manager in different areas. Thank you so much!

By Feng Z

Jul 20, 2020

Solid fundamental introductory course on project management. The instructor was very knowledgeable, well prepared and apparently passionate about the subject. Appreciate her hard work of putting this course online. Would recommend!

By Dana F W

Feb 14, 2020

This was one of the best online learnings I have done. I really like how I could watch the videos over and over, how I could pause and skip around. This course touches every learning style, that what makes it so great. Thank you.

By Isabel M

Feb 12, 2016

It's a great opportunity to learn something new. The professor is EXCELLENT. I am grateful because all the units are too interesting and it will be useful for the advanced diploma I'm going to start on february.

Thank you so much.

By Claudia C A

Jul 13, 2020

El curso, en general, es muy concreto y muy bien explicado. Los conceptos son claros, y facilita la comprensión. Los temas están bien organizados y lo mejor es que uno puede aprender y asimilar la información a su propio ritmo.

By Shridhar D

It was a really good experience with this course Best part is its content was well structured and organized to explain with an example in an adequate manner.

The instructor was good it really explains the things in excellent ways

By Richard J P

Aug 13, 2019

I feel like this course gave me a great fundamental understanding of project management. The case studies were interesting and relevant. The time of the course was manageable and I was even able to complete it ahead of schedule.

By Ali A A A

Peace be upon you and God's mercy and blessings be upon you. My sincere thanks and appreciation. The course was very enjoyable. The method of explanation is very simple and I wish many of you in the future. Thank you very much.

By Alima A

Dec 01, 2016

Great course! I've gained a very strong basic level of project management and I hope to apply this new skill in my future work. Thanks to the Prof. Yael Grushka-Cockayne for her easily understandable lectures, time and effort.

By Marco N

Jun 03, 2020

Great course! I really enjoyed every lesson and will start applying the learned concepts to my job immediately. I really recommend this course if you would like to better understand the role and history of project management.