Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FF
Dec 31, 2020

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

JL
Sep 6, 2020

Very informative, concise, and easy to digest. Provides a solid foundation / framework for approaching projects, with great tutorials on using software for analysis. Great experience overall, thanks!

126 - 150 of 1,631 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Carolina O

Jul 4, 2017

It is a very handy course that introduces you into the project management world. In my case I had no previous knowledge on the topic and I learnt to distinguish the different phases of project development and the important things to take into cosideration when stepping into this career

By Zach M

Mar 18, 2020

I am a 10-year professional. Although I have experience working on projects, my skills have all come from "common sense" or "learning on the job". I recommend this class for anyone who wants to go back to the basics and learn the fundamental concepts of a project in a structured way.

By Achraf N

Aug 10, 2020

i found this course rich of information and a good intry to th project management field. the different videos and lecture are in a high quality content. i recommand every one want to begin his career or any one want to gain more aspects and practices in the project management field.

By Eric M

Jul 1, 2020

This course is a great introduction of project planning and management. The instruction is very clear, simple and straight forward. It brings forward many real-life examples to help with learning and see how valuable this type of skill and course can be for future project managers.

By Farshad M

May 4, 2020

This course was remarkably beneficial to me. I have not had any experience in auxiliary management Softwares like MS project. Still, considering the knowledge that I have now about the fundamentals of project planning, I can start using the software to my benefit—much appreciated.

By Vibhavi V

Apr 4, 2020

This course is superb! I'm still wondering how to evaluate the project, is it good? Is it bad? After I took this course, i've better known about the index to judge. I think this course is very useful for every project manager and everyone who related about the project management.

By Hidis A C V

Dec 13, 2020

Excelente material!!!

Aprendí dos técnicas que no conocía y logré tener una idea de como gestionar cuánto el desconocimiento es alto.

Es un curso práctico, sencillo que nos permite replantear desde la experiencia lo que hemos trabajado y cómo podemos hacerlo definitivamente mejor!

By Mary M

Sep 13, 2020

I liked this course a lot! I definitely feel like I got a good understanding of the basics of project management and this feels like a solid foundation to even start implementing now while I also continue to learn more about project management in higher level, in-depth courses.

By Gabrielle M

Jun 30, 2019

I loved taking this class! It really helped me understand and exercise the core components of project management. The lectures, case studies, and quizzes were practical and thought-provoking as well! I feel ready to take what I learned from this course and apply it to my work.

By Joshua A O

Apr 15, 2017

Twas a fantastic educative moment spending it here learning the fundamental principles in project management. I really enjoyed the course and my appreciation goes to the instructor and the entire Darden business school, University of Virginia for the opportunity. God bless.

By Lawrence H

Mar 3, 2021

Outstanding course! The course identified some stronger ways to manage projects and identified some gaping holes in what I normally do. I found the earned value lesson to be extremely valuable. I will institute what I learned immediately. Thank you for this course!

By Vishal M

Dec 20, 2016

I loved this course! It was super easy to follow and understand with absolutely no experience in management since I'm still only a freshman. I was motivated all throughout the lectures and was able to finish all four weeks worth of work in two days! Thank you so much!

By Pranav M

Oct 4, 2020

Properly divided the entire course into 4 parts & very well explained in detail with precision. The trainer has excellent communication skills & explains each & every topic with ease & in a simple way due to which anybody can understand. 10/10 points for the trainer.

By Jena L

Aug 5, 2018

A solid introduction of the fundamentals. Is not useful for learning a specific software; rather it introduces you to think about project planning and management and provides you with the required vocabulary. An excellent start to learning about project management.

By Juan J C Z

Apr 15, 2021

Excelente curso, entrega las herramientas necesarias para planificar y desarrollar un proyecto de manera efectiva. Además, la profesora también de muy buen nivel, domina los conceptos y explica de manera clara todo lo que conlleva el proceso relacionado a proyectos.

By Mohamed A

Nov 5, 2019

I think this is one of the most outstanding online course I ever studied! and that is because of the well organized and simplicity of the lessons, as well as the typical examples the lecturer used to explain in the critical path method and the earned value analysis.

By Sanket W

May 3, 2020

This is an great course for to learn project Planning and Managment, the most important fact of the course is that it explain the concept with the practical examples which helps to understand the concept practically and you can straight away use it in your project.

By Salomon C M

Apr 27, 2021

It was very entertaining, the examples were very well thought out and useful for learning the material. It did not drone on an on like other courses. It kept me engaged to the course, instructor and material and did things in a way that made it stick in my head.

By Bobby A

Jun 15, 2020

I would like to have the charts/ graphs/ and other tools used for project planning broken down more. They were difficult at times to understand. If I was allowed to write this course. I would add a week just to go over this. Otherwise this was an excellent course.

By mohammed f

Sep 11, 2017

This course was amazing .. From a month If someone told me that i would have that great insight into project management in just 3 or 4 weeks time , I wouldn't have believed them .. But believe me .. You would get great insight and solid understanding of the field

By Krisztina H

Jul 22, 2018

Thank you for this great course! Was not an easy one but I did not expect it to be either. :) I learned a lot. I love the structure and the different materials too. And the certificate is on a reasonable price. Best regards, Krisztina from GE (Budapest Hungary)

By Himendra J

Feb 19, 2017

Like the concise format of the course. It helps me to look the project from different prospective and I tried to use it practically to plan my project during this course. I recommend this course to anyone who wants fair amount of knowledge in very limited time.

By Iwona M A

Dec 31, 2019

A fantastic course: clear and simplistic yet rich in content. I have learnt a lot and I highly recommended it to anyone who wants to grab a solid foundation in Project Management and in particular planning and risk management. Thank you Darden Business School!

By Richard B

Nov 4, 2019

A pragmatic and foundational course. Stay with it! The course becomes more pragmatic as you near the last week. The examples provided help you apply the tools and frameworks. Worthwhile, even for someone working at and executive level for more than 20 years.

By Jay A

May 28, 2019

Yael is enthusiastic and informative about the basics of project management. I found the supplemental case studies to be extremely beneficial. I recommend definitions/main points of important terminology to be emphasized in greater detail within presentation.