Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FF
Dec 31, 2020

This is very good course to understand the fundamentals of project planning and management. The instructor explain the concept in a simple way. There are good examples given to understand the course.

JL
Sep 6, 2020

Very informative, concise, and easy to digest. Provides a solid foundation / framework for approaching projects, with great tutorials on using software for analysis. Great experience overall, thanks!

301 - 325 of 1,634 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Dorota I

Aug 11, 2020

The content of the training is very useful and the examples make it easy to understand. I recommend the course to anyone who is interested in Project Management.

By Ellen W

Dec 14, 2019

A nice introduction to basic concepts of and tools for project management. It would be nice if there were more practice scenarios with math and mapping questions.

By Shahid M

Dec 10, 2017

Provides a clear understanding of what it takes to create effective project plan. Lectures are well structured and provide practical knowledge to manage projects.

By Ekaterina T

Mar 20, 2016

Great course! It brings a clear understanding of the Project Management base principles and guides you through Risk management and Budget accounting fundamentals.

By Frederick P

Mar 19, 2020

This course provided very good, high-level material on project management fundamentals, which some can be referenced for actual projects in various environments.

By Mohamed G

Jan 16, 2019

It was just really very valuable course about project planning and management.

Please recommend me more advanced courses, books & articles in this field.

Thanks :)

By Rita G

Jul 13, 2017

Thank you so much!! Great explanation, great examples and you really have a natural way to make yourself clear while teaching! :) I really recommend this course!

By María J M G

Jul 5, 2017

Great Mooc Online has given me quite a good idea about project planning and the management of it. Nice teacher who could grap the attention on and on. Marvelous!

By Roshmel C

Dec 21, 2020

It was a fun month, I finished it early tbh so I could celebrate Christmas with this as my Christmas Present to myself. Thank you UVA Darden, I've learned a lot

By Kanybek B

Those three weeks that I spent learning this course was one of the valuable weeks. I learned much more than I expected. Many thanks for creators of this course!

By Shivendra S

May 2, 2020

Course was excellent. Covered major topics and gave brief idea about project life cycle. It has helped me to develop project planning skills and its management.

By Fabio N d R

Apr 12, 2018

Teacher Yael is fantastic. She provides an excellent overview of general Project Planning and Management. I really love this course and i'm very sad it' s over!

By Joshua H

Apr 9, 2021

Very enjoyable and interactive learning experience with quiz being very helpful in sense checking my understanding. Not often I enjoy a course as much as this.

By Oluwasola E O

Oct 28, 2020

Sharp and concise introduction to project planning and management. This course gave me the needed background to move further towards my PMP certification goal.

By Nathanial H

Jul 15, 2020

This was a very thorough course on the basics of Project Management. I feel much more confident transitioning into the private sector with this knowledge base.

By Ehsan R

Sep 10, 2019

This course is very well structured and while is comprehensive is very simple as well. I really enjoyed. I suggest this course to all levels and all industries

By Muhammad W T

Jul 23, 2020

VERY MUCH INFORMATIVE PLATFORM THAT HELP TO DEVELOPMENT SKILLS UNDER HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS..

By Raluca P

Feb 17, 2020

Great course, amazing teacher!

All the information is well-structured and delivered in a timely fashion to answer the most common questions of the basis of PM.

By Alessandra T

Sep 28, 2017

I have found this course really intersting, I have followed the lessons without problems. I, now, con understand a lot about Project Planning and Management.

By Yuanqing W

Aug 12, 2021

I think the course is wonderful for better understanding way of working of right project management and planning and control with right tools and skillsets.

By Vinod S M

Feb 9, 2021

Extremely useful covers important knowledge areas of PMP and great for starting up in management role. Practical examples were also great for understanding.

By Hugo M

Nov 25, 2018

This course was really, really good!

Without former knowledge of project planning, I've learned allot about project planning that didn't even new it existed.

By Gabriele B

Apr 23, 2018

Great teacher, really interesting and understandable even to those who approach this world for the first time. Packed with useful examples for understanding

By Charles F

Apr 22, 2017

This course give me a basic glampse on project management.

It helps me to get out of all these pitfalls and messes when dealing with daily project directing.

By Atif I

Mar 20, 2021

A very practical course, which tied in the use of computer-based project management tools with theory. Made me want to dive deeper into project management.