Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business (Provider #2122) has been approved by PMI to issue 12 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Course ID: FPM141, PDU Claim Code: 21228LCBDX)...

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

TL
Jan 7, 2021

This course satisfied my desire to learn about Project Planning and Management at a high level. Yael's content and delivery meet my needs and I highly recommend this course to anyone involved in R&D.

426 - 450 of 1,347 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Antonio B

Easy to navigate the course materials, great details and clear explanation of all topics and practical examples

By Tiarra N

Apr 19, 2020

This class covered the basis and coincided well with my PM budgeting course and applied Scrum for Agile course.

By Jake W

Dec 19, 2019

THis was a great course. Currently working on a large project i had lots of take-a-ways from this and used them

By Estephanie R S

Apr 28, 2019

Topics and detailed processes, provides the necessary elements to have a broad outline when executing projects.

By David W

Dec 23, 2017

This course is informative, and well-presented. Further, it also provides different case studies for reference.

By Laura G C O

The course helped get a general idea of what project management means and what it involves to create a project

By Mohan N

Jan 21, 2020

A great learning opportunity for the subject we are interested in a limited time and in our own convenience!!!

By Theophilus A

I learnt a lot of useful tips and tricks and i am sure i am ready to start a project or involve in a project.

By Sivakumar K

Sep 6, 2020

This course is very informative and learned basic of fundamentals and project management.

Thanks to the Team.

By Juan P G

Good course, basic and key aspects covered. For a good start, introduction and refresh of project management

By Sodunke O

Feb 17, 2019

This course is really great. i have learnt a lot from it and i can't wait to manage my first project. Thanks

By Apoorva G

Jan 16, 2019

Great course! Learnt different aspects of project planning and development. Will be of great help in future.

By Emily A

Dec 4, 2016

Condensed course but definitely offers substantial material for you to gain insight into project management.

By LaTasha A

Jan 2, 2021

This course was very informational and provided me with refresher/better understanding of project planning.

By Melanie E

Sep 30, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and was able to learn a lot. I recommend this course for a good fundamentals.

By Rohith K R

Jul 8, 2020

Very structured learning and points are crisp. Very good session to understand basics of Project Management

By Enes B

Mar 16, 2020

Concise and well-condensed ideas that provide a good foundation for Project Management structured learning.

By R G

Jul 11, 2019

Feels good to be part of this course. This course will give you the basic idea about approaching a project.

By Carlos E F C

Sep 28, 2018

Very good introduction to all phases involved in the planning of a project. I really recommend this course.

By Tõnis L

Dec 16, 2019

Very practical and hands on course on Project management from top to bottom. Highly reccoment this course.

By Guilherme P S

Jul 26, 2020

Very good classes and materials. The cases were really big challenges, and improves the course! Loved it.

By mayukh m

May 9, 2020

Special thanks to Professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne for hosting such a detailed course at beginner's level.

By Nicolas C

Aug 22, 2019

Great course that help me to develop new techniques and skill that are going to improve my every day work

By Leila T A

Mar 6, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed it, great context clarifying the concepts and terminology, very good delivery by Yael.

By Richard d l R

Nov 4, 2020

Very practical yet scientific in approach. Well-condenses to get the essentials in project management .