Back to Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management by University of Virginia

Projects are all around us. Virtually every organization runs projects, either formally or informally. We are engaged in projects at home and at work. Across settings, planning principles and execution methodologies can offer ways in which projects can be run more effectively and efficiently. Project management provides organizations (and individuals) with the language and the frameworks for scoping projects, sequencing activities, utilizing resources, and minimizing risks. This is an introductory course on the key concepts of planning and executing projects. We will identify factors that lead to project success, and learn how to plan, analyze, and manage projects. Learners will be exposed to state-of-the-art methodologies and to considering the challenges of various types of projects....

FG
Apr 1, 2020

It helped e to understand the specifications of project management in such ways. It is a really helpful education. I will apply mt earnings to my job and I am sure I will see the difference of my look

JL
Sep 6, 2020

Very informative, concise, and easy to digest. Provides a solid foundation / framework for approaching projects, with great tutorials on using software for analysis. Great experience overall, thanks!

1476 - 1500 of 1,532 Reviews for Fundamentals of Project Planning and Management

By Manik B

Dec 25, 2017

Good!!!

By Sunil S

Aug 1, 2020

good

By Mayank P

Jun 2, 2020

good

By Muhammad Z S

Apr 25, 2016

Good

By OMKAR K G

Oct 19, 2020

Jun 21, 2017

I

By Patrique H

Jun 11, 2021

+ basic content, easy to pick up

+ instructor explained in a nice way

+ instructor is using careful wordings

- the agile video should be split up in 3 (agile, scrum, kanban) to do justice to this course and those topics (and add some info on the way they do costs and planning calculations as they take a value based approach instead of cost based approach like the regular project management in this course)

- twice I noticed a false answer in the test outcomes, but it must be me as 200k+ people completed this course already

- theory based instructor, no real life experience

Conclusion: read project management for dummies (or some books - just check your favourite university's curriculum/booklist on this topic) you will learn more. But if online is your thing, and you need a certificate, it is a good start as the videos are done nicely and the examples are fun to go through. And you definitely learn also from other on the forum when going through their answers!

By Slavisa D

Jan 7, 2020

Pros: 1. Good overview of techniques and methods, also agile methods, widely used in project management. 2. Week 4 is especially useful because of metrics like CPI, SPI and CSI. Thank you for this.

Cons: 1. The multiple choice questions are written in a misleading and very tricky way. The course should transfer knowledge, not mislead the students.

2. The course is defintely too fast for beginners. I could follow because I made the agile course at University of Alberta before taking this course. The Alberta course is much better than this course.

3. The handouts are bad and you have to use your own literature to dig deeper.

By Georges N

Feb 20, 2021

sorry for the rating, it is NOT for the course, but it is for coursera,itself, the course was wonderful, the teacher increased much my experiences, however and after i finished all the course with all the related quiz as submitted, they required a payment for to get the certificate (you may have asked that from the beginning - this is unprofessional) ... disappointed !!

By Elizabeth H

Nov 29, 2016

I did learn the basics, but will need to go on and learn more in depth. I'd also like to have more written materials to go with the videos. I know I can download the video transcript, but what I'd like is actual handouts that are organized. I am more of a written/visual learner and need to read to retain information.

By Satish D

Nov 30, 2015

Pros:

Basics were explained well.

A good kick start for beginners who are travelling towards learning Project planning and management.

Cons:

Wish we had assignments to practice MS Project to a certain extent.

Some of the Quiz questions were confusing (Esp. the 3rd week quiz)

By tiffany a

Dec 27, 2015

The speaker was very difficult to follow with dialogue flow, random pauses, and stumbling over words. The rate of the speaker's speech was also very fast. The material was very useful, and informative otherwise.