Back to Verb Tenses and Passives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Verb Tenses and Passives by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Advanced Grammar and Punctuation specialty. In this course, you will review the verb tenses that you learned in beginning English classes and learn about a few tenses you may not know very well. In all, you'll cover all 12 of the English verb tenses and passive verb forms. Most importantly, you'll learn how to blend these tenses, which is what native speakers frequently do. This course is vital to your becoming a more fluent English speaker. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NN
Feb 14, 2021

I am endlessly grateful for this course. I’ve learned so much. And let me tell you something, I’ve enjoyed the videos from our teachers better than any Netflix movie I had been binge watching.

ED
Dec 11, 2020

I had been learning tenses at several courses just before I found this one. I found it extremely useful and so interactive! Moreover, the teachers are so creative and so lovely unusual!

51 - 75 of 407 Reviews for Verb Tenses and Passives

By Cornelia M L

Dec 10, 2017

The best grammar course! I've learned so much that I want to finish the specialization course. Each lesson is easy to understand because of the examples given by the instructors. I had fun, too, while learning. I want to be like them when it's my turn to pass on the knowledge.

By Yvonne K

Jul 21, 2020

It was a great course to take. I realized the mistakes I've been making all this time especially when speaking. A downside though to this kind of course is the evaluation procedure. But I think the team did what they could to make this fun and educational for everyone.

By Román D G

Jul 16, 2018

This course has helped me remember and practice may structures I hadn't used for a long time, especially those people don't use much, such as the future perfect progressive. In addition, this course has also given me the chance to start writing again. Thanks

By Sam A

Jul 16, 2019

Top shelf course ! It really taught me the foundations for solid English grammar. Both specializations, intermediate and advanced grammar, are amazing !

UCI, Jake, Emily, and Coursera : where have you been all my life ?! :)

By Nistor C

Feb 3, 2020

If you know little about the grammar of the verb tenses, but you have no idea what the meaning of all the rules is and what is the connection between them, then this course is for you.

I highly recommend!

By Liliia T

Jul 16, 2018

It's great course even for advanced level.The teachers explain grammar in an easy way. It's great that they propose to write, to check other students and to do more exercises for each week

By Marvic G

May 14, 2020

I think it is a really good program very complete. The way every lesson is explained, it makes it very easy to understand. Thank you!

By Petrov A Y

Jan 4, 2017

Thanks to nice girls for this enjoyable course. I really had fun completing it. Many examples for exercises were funny and unusual.

By Dahlia K A

May 5, 2020

More than perfect.The learner without any doubt will become a professional teacher.Thankyou courser for everything.

Dahlia Azzam

By Nikitina J

Nov 14, 2018

I like this course as the material is easy to understand, funny videos, good home assignment and stickly to the adgenda.

By MD. N M

May 7, 2020

This course content and course instructor both are highly qualityful and it's easy to learn any lesson of this course

By Adarsh u

Oct 22, 2019

It is very good for those wants to correct their small mistakes in grammar. The way of teaching and exercise is best.

By Ruchi C A

Dec 29, 2016

The course is well structured and quite informative. Instructors bring in real life situations to use different tenses, this is helpful for the learners as it is relatable. The only draw back is that our work is corrected by the other learners and that correction is final. I scored 98% in the final assignment as the other learners assessed it and they didn't give me the correct score. I wish I could appeal to re-check it!

By Cristi�n A G

Sep 22, 2020

Excellent course! I loved it! One of the most difficult thing for English learners is grammar. Among other things, to learn how and when to use correctly verb tenses and modals. This course helped me to notice the mistakes I was making.

Video lectures were hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing! Instructors deserve a separate comment. Emiliy and Jake are not only good teachers but also good actresses.

By Aline A

Feb 11, 2021

I've learned a lot from this course. Excellent content and explanations, but I have an observation It's pretty nice the idea of helping each other in the assignments; however, I think that's necessary to get a support of a teacher, in order to be accurate our grades and the corrections. Thank you all! You guys are fantastic. Also, I'm motivated to keep learning in the next courses.

By hussain a

Sep 10, 2020

This course will introduce you to the basic elements of academic information seeking - we will explore the search process from defining a strategy to evaluating anddocumenting your search results. Attending the course will make you a proficient information seeker. You will learn how to carry out comprehensive literature searchesbased on your own research assignment.

By Olga K

Dec 13, 2020

The course material was exactly what I needed to refresh my grammar knowledge and correct some common mistakes I usually make.

I wish the assignments were graded by the instructors and not by the peers so that all the mistakes are caught and explained by a professional native speaker. I stopped submitting my assignments for this reason.

By Naim N N

Dec 30, 2020

It's a great English course with an excellent team of instructors. I found it very helpful to review the verb tenses and passives. It is also good to practice and improve your English skills, especially in writing. In this course, there are a lot of writing activities which guide us toward a better understanding of the grammar rules.

By André F Z

Nov 8, 2020

The course offers a wide range of knowledge regarding verb tenses and its nuances. I strongly recommend anyone to take this course because the method of learning is intuitive and modern, naturally making you more and more excited for the next week/module. It helped me immensely, I am sure it will also help you a lot, sign up!

By Zoya A Y

Jun 25, 2020

This is a very useful course for learning all verb tenses and passives. Emily and Jake have conveyed all the information in a simple and enjoyable way. I recommend everyone who doesn't like grammar _ like I used to be _ to take this course. I've learned a lot. Thank you Emily and Jake. Thank you Coursera.

By Orjuwan M A J A

I want to thank both Jake and Emili for giving such a wonderful course. It was a great experience and I have learnt quite a lot indeed. It was fun at the same time ,and I didn't feel boredom at all ,so thank you again for your hard work.

best regards from Iraq

keep safe and well!

By Rohit A

Jun 5, 2020

I have completed a few grammar courses on other platforms too but what this course has given me is a complete understanding of the use of tenses with day to day examples and exercises. I am very grateful to the whole cast for giving me such a deep knowledge of tenses. Cheers.

By Купрекова Е И

Thank you for the course. Thank you Emily and Jack. You are simply irresistible. I've enjoyed every hour, every minute I've spent with you. Excellent examples, a wonderful selection of exercises. You have distributed my knowledge like books on a shelf.

By Berenice M F

Oct 21, 2020

This is one of the BEST courses I've ever taken!! Emily and Jake are awesome!! They show you great and memorable examples!! Thank you very much Emily and Jake!! I appreciate all the effort and the time you spent on the course!! It was really helpful!

By Jusipova E B

Oct 2, 2020

I liked the course. Many Thanks to our teachers for the interesting lessons. To explain the theme they used authentic presentation. I have learned a lot. If i am writing this review without mistakes, it is a result of your lessons.