Back to Verb Tenses and Passives

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Verb Tenses and Passives by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Advanced Grammar and Punctuation specialty. In this course, you will review the verb tenses that you learned in beginning English classes and learn about a few tenses you may not know very well. In all, you'll cover all 12 of the English verb tenses and passive verb forms. Most importantly, you'll learn how to blend these tenses, which is what native speakers frequently do. This course is vital to your becoming a more fluent English speaker. Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

NN
Feb 14, 2021

I am endlessly grateful for this course. I’ve learned so much. And let me tell you something, I’ve enjoyed the videos from our teachers better than any Netflix movie I had been binge watching.

ED
Dec 11, 2020

I had been learning tenses at several courses just before I found this one. I found it extremely useful and so interactive! Moreover, the teachers are so creative and so lovely unusual!

76 - 100 of 432 Reviews for Verb Tenses and Passives

By Jusipova E B

Oct 2, 2020

I liked the course. Many Thanks to our teachers for the interesting lessons. To explain the theme they used authentic presentation. I have learned a lot. If i am writing this review without mistakes, it is a result of your lessons.

By Yury K

Apr 1, 2021

This was the most amazing English course on Coursera so far. Difficult topics are explained in as much detail and understandable as possible with fun examples. Hope the next courses in the specialization are just as cool :)

By Laura A J

Oct 18, 2020

great course if you want to build on your grammar skills or want to revise them and continue the specialization. the videos, the content and the assignments were very enjoyable to me.

i really enjoyed taking this course.

By Suellen D

Jun 4, 2020

I loved the content, even though I've been studying English for many years now, there were a lot of new things for me to learn. Besides, the teachers are great! They make you learn in a fun way. I loved it!

By SILVIA V S C

Jul 12, 2021

Este es una joya de curso, muy recomendable, lleno de ejercicios, nada aburrido, no sólo incluye ejercicios escritos sino que también puedes aprovechar la plataforma del curso, muy completo... EXCELENTE...

By Raymond T

Oct 2, 2020

I recommend this course for anyone who is so passionate about learning English language.I am very happy to have studies with several others who were making strenous effort to polish their English language.

By Elena G R

Sep 26, 2020

Super course! I liked the teachers very much! They were great! Many thanks to them! I advise the course to anyone who wants to understand verb tenses well. Many thanks to the teachers. You are super!

By Achille G

Oct 25, 2020

Un cours tres interessant. J'ai beaucoup appris ces temps ci grace aux riches enseignements dispenses par des professionnels qui ont l'amour de leur metier. Merci a toute l'equipe

By poemyat t

Jun 8, 2021

I​ have learned a lot grammar in this course. It is really help me. I was too bad in grammar, now I got to know which I confused before.

Teacher Jake and Emily, Thank you so much.

By Adriana C

Aug 9, 2020

Emily and Jake are an amazing team. They are very funny. I've been learning a lot of grammar these days. I hope to learn more in the specialization. It is a really good course.

By Esmeralda N P H

Nov 20, 2020

If you're looking for a course who help you to master your English Grammar, this course is the best option! Thank you so much to the instructors, they're so professional.

By Mae A A

Jun 13, 2021

T​his was really helpful! I also would like to commend my teachers for doing a good job and for being so extra just for us to easily understand the lessons. Thank you!

By Larissa Y

Jun 25, 2020

Verb Tenses and Passives is an awesome course. I have learned a lot. Now I have a much better understanding of English tenses. Many thanks to Ms. Emily and Ms. ake.

By Jessica B

Oct 23, 2020

The course provides good explanations and examples for each topic. Moreover, the activities help us practice how to use the grammar points, and they are fun to do.

By Waqas A

Dec 18, 2020

This is an excellent course for learners with experience in English to strengthen the grammar further and get one step closer to become a more confident speaker.

By Alaa A J

May 18, 2021

The course was full of exercises and the videos were educational and entertaining at the same time.

Thank you for all the efforts that were put to this course.

By Michael H

Feb 1, 2021

Nice comprehensive course for folks to review verb forms and use. The videos were cheesy and fun... nice addition to liven the course up a bit. Nom bagels!

By Gaurav S

Sep 5, 2020

It helped me much more than my expectations and again.

Thanks and regards from Gaurav.

By Liudmyla A

Jun 15, 2020

It was nice to learn some tips of grammar. I had a good practice. It was a good experience to know the peculiarities of using some tenses. Thanks a lot.

By Алия С

Oct 30, 2020

The course is very useful. I filled knowledge gaps in using tenses. It also helped to understand it completely. Thank you for the detailed lessons!

By Jesús A

Jun 27, 2020

I loved this course, from my point of view it was perfect. Congratulations for Jake and Emily and I hope to continue learning with their courses.

By Ana

May 13, 2021

Very good way to present the content. It was engaging, I love the creativity of how the tenses where presented. Thank you for your hard work.

By Niveen I

Sep 30, 2020

It is a useful &helpful couse. I have learned new verb tenses and passives(the form, the uses, the clues, & answer the questions about them).

By Kenneth B

Jun 25, 2020

This course was great. The practice sessions has improved my grammar. I really recommend it to those having a problem with their grammar.

By Nouran A H M

Jun 4, 2020

IT IS A BIG PLEASURE TO FINISH THIS COURSE. A FAT THANKS TO ALL TEACHERS WHO TAUGHT ME IN THIS COURSE I CAN NOT EXPRESS MY HAPPINESSSSSS