Back to Version Control with Git

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Version Control with Git by Atlassian

The Version Control with Git course provides you with a solid, hands-on foundation for understanding the Git version control system. Git is open source software originally created by Linus Torvalds. Git manages team files for large and small projects. This allows the team to continuously improve its product. It is used by most major technology companies, and is assumed knowledge for many modern programming and IT jobs. It is a core component of DevOps, continuous delivery pipelines and cloud-native computing. You could also use Git to manage the many continuously improving revisions of that book that you are writing. In this course, you will not learn everything there is to know about Git, but you will build a strong conceptual understanding of the technology, and afterward will be able to confidently dig deeper on any topic that interests you. This course assumes no previous knowledge of Git, but if you do have experience with it, you may find this course to be both useful and challenging. This is especially true if you currently "know just enough Git to be dangerous". There are two paths in this course. Both rely heavily on hands-on labs. One path assumes that you have experience using a command line interface, and the other path uses the Sourcetree graphical client. If you are not experienced with a command line, we highly suggest that you go through the Sourcetree path. Eventually, you might want to go through both paths, so that you can decide which tool to use for specific tasks. Besides, repetition is good for learning :) You can watch the videos and take the quizzes from your phone if you want, but the hands-on labs require you to have a Windows or Mac computer. If you use the command line path through the course, you can also use Linux. This course uses Bitbucket (bitbucket.org) as the hosted provider for remote Git repositories. Bitbucket is free for teams of up to 5 people, including private repositories. However, most of the knowledge that you gain in this course applies to Git itself, and you can apply this knowledge to other hosted Git providers (such as GitHub). This course tries to be as concise as possible. It will probably take you about 5-10 hours to go through one of the two paths, but your mileage may vary....

ML
Mar 27, 2018

Great course, should be a pre-requisite or additional reading to any intro data science course using Git. Straight-forward, not overly taxing to your time, and full of practical application exercises.

CK
May 23, 2021

Awesome Course, Learned many new things, I am using git for my day-to-day work, but this course gave me in-depth knowledge of each work and each command that I execute and will execute in the future.

151 - 175 of 669 Reviews for Version Control with Git

By Janusz S

Feb 19, 2021

I learned everything I need - no useless details, just comprehensive information on the topics that are "to the point".

By Puneeth G R

Fantastic course! Each video is followed by practical exercises. This was the BEST course I took on Coursera. Hats off!

By Camilla U

Jun 21, 2020

The great course. I learned the thighs I would never learn anywhere else. To the point and interesting tasks. Love it!

By pavan k k

Oct 4, 2020

The depth of content is too good and valuable. I hope the other courses will also have same kind of depth in content.

By jayesh D

Jan 7, 2019

It is very great course to add more knowledge in version control -Git.

very informative and practically course.

Thanks,

By Aniket S

Oct 4, 2020

Really liked the course. Could start working with GIT in just 2 days. I will definitely continue with other courses.

By Lazaro O

Jan 13, 2021

Helped me to reforce my knowledge about git and others remote repositories services and git flow and git workflows

By Matias A

Oct 7, 2020

Nice course, a little short, covers a good amount of material, but most importantly got me very interested in git.

By José D V G

Dec 21, 2019

This is a pretty good course to start with Git.

I would like to thank my company for providing me with this course.

By Ibrahim O

Oct 5, 2020

I think before entering any Software Engineering job one should go through this course. It is highly recommended.

By Federico M

An interesting and good version control course. I used it to learn a little more about Git. Thanks for everything

By Arun K B

May 7, 2020

Excellent form of explanations and with real time examples

Easy to grab the concepts with graphical/pictures used

By Yashasvi B

Mar 25, 2019

Wish course could be bit longer. Covered most of the important topics and explained each and everything in detail

By Akash K C

Amazing course!! Even an absolute beginner can get a complete understanding of git with the help of this course.

By Md. J K

May 6, 2020

Great course to help you with git. Learn from basic. Have a strong foundation for future git work. Happy Coding!

By Mohammad M R

Mar 8, 2020

This course help me to give clear Git workflow knowledge which will definitely help me in my professional life.

By Abhinav A

Mar 6, 2018

Probably the best course on VCS. I recommend it to every software developers. Thanks for this wonderful course!

Jun 13, 2020

Really awesome and comprehensive course. The instructor is pretty clear too. I learned a lot from this course!

By Haseeb A

Jun 30, 2020

All the necessary commands to use git are explained with examples. Very Good course to learn version control

By Yujian Z

Jan 19, 2020

Very helpful. Good explanation about the concepts, good hands on exercises. Organized classes. Thanks a lot!

By Daniel B D

Jun 2, 2021

A mi modo de ver, un equilibrio perfecto entre practicidad y profundidad en el acercamiento a las materias.

By Yuri S

Aug 12, 2020

I really appreciated this course, because prepared me really well to use git in an enterprise environment.

By Ghulam A

Oct 25, 2020

Most useful platform , I learned lot of that on this platform and have a knowledge about version control.

By Chun Y C

Mar 12, 2020

Very comprehensive course for GIT no matter you are the first time to use git or you have used it before!

By Marcos H

Nov 28, 2018

It has been very didactic and clear. Steve should do a second part explaining more advanced topic on Git.