Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

BB

Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

JM

Nov 20, 2018

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

251 - 275 of 1,242 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By LEUNG K W D

Jul 12, 2020

I can learning from this course about the UX methodology, rather then technical skill set. It's what i want to learn, Thanks for that.

By Chris R

Jan 30, 2019

Practical, encouraging and realistic course where the teacher expects initiative from the student. I can highly recommend this course.

By Antonietta Z

Sep 24, 2020

it was an amazing experience with a great attention on all the details, focusing with a good rhythm on the actions to do step by step

By Natalia C

Aug 25, 2020

I wish the reviews of the projects where more professional and not just the students review. But over all the course was really good.

By Sruthy S R

Mar 30, 2020

The course content was really informative and the assignments were challenging, especially for a beginner. Truly enjoyed this course.

By Yasin A R

Sep 13, 2019

The course I took "Visual Elements of User Interface Design", Was interesting. I can make a new direction for career and set my goal.

By Jannet O

Sep 5, 2019

I have enjoy this course. It has given me clear vision and information on each functionality of the visual elements of UI design.

By Dehsen R

Feb 21, 2019

great introduction into UI design. I have implemented some of the methodologies here, and it has really sped up my creative process

By Farrah G W

Dec 27, 2019

I came into this class knowing absolutely nothing.

Now I am coming out more confident in my design,

I am very grateful for coursra.

By Matthew T

Nov 11, 2019

A well done course, with material that will you leave the course with knowledge of UI/UX design, in an easy to understand fashion.

By Katarina F P

Aug 16, 2019

CalArts Professors are so engaging and interesting to follow. Enjoyed it all the way, and I'm looking forward for the next course!

By Abdullah N Q

Sep 4, 2020

The course made me understand the fundamentals of UI design , the process from a design perspective from thought to an interface.

By Bianca

Nov 5, 2019

Great tool kit for beginners! You come out of it with the fundamentals of UI design, and a small mock-up to add to your portfolio

By Mantra M S

Apr 25, 2020

Loved the practicality in this course. Perhaps more practical components can be added. Overall, I definitely learned a lot here.

By prasad b

Sep 21, 2019

this course helps me to understand how the visual elements are used in the UI and also teach me how to used it in any situation.

By Gustavo S

Apr 15, 2019

Very well structured and step by step guidance. For advanced users it may seem a bit slow, but still there's something to learn.

By Amy R

Feb 23, 2021

Nice, straight forward instruction. I like reviewing other students work - great way to learn and get different point of view.

By Nana D A B

Oct 18, 2020

This course has helped me understand the very basics and fundamentals of elements in a UI and also helped in building my career

By Vivek U

Oct 3, 2020

It was outstanding! The details taken care of was beautiful. I understood a lot about UI/UX from his course, thank you so much.

By Haijing Q

Feb 21, 2019

Key UI design principles taught in plain English that was easy to follow as absorb. Projects were also fun to design as well.

By Alena A

Jan 30, 2019

This course is really important, I understood some things. Presentations were very clear and interest, also their submission.

By Van K

Jun 8, 2022

Very quick and concise course. Recommended from beginners and those like me who would like to refresh some basic concepts ;)

By João P R V

Feb 26, 2020

excellent teachers and didactics, full of history and ''skin in the game'' baggage, step by step powerful knowledge builder.

By i'm m

May 19, 2019

I was brand new to the field of UI and this course helped me to do the first steps in a fun and easy way! Thank you so much!

By Shikha M

Jul 25, 2020

This course really helped me by enhancing my skills and gave me so much knowledge. Learnt a lot and I became more creative.