Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

BB
Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

RS
Feb 8, 2021

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

226 - 250 of 945 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Bianca

Nov 5, 2019

Great tool kit for beginners! You come out of it with the fundamentals of UI design, and a small mock-up to add to your portfolio

By Mantra M S

Apr 25, 2020

Loved the practicality in this course. Perhaps more practical components can be added. Overall, I definitely learned a lot here.

By prasad b

Sep 21, 2019

this course helps me to understand how the visual elements are used in the UI and also teach me how to used it in any situation.

By Gustavo S

Apr 15, 2019

Very well structured and step by step guidance. For advanced users it may seem a bit slow, but still there's something to learn.

By Amy R

Feb 23, 2021

Nice, straight forward instruction. I like reviewing other students work - great way to learn and get different point of view.

By Nana D I

Oct 18, 2020

This course has helped me understand the very basics and fundamentals of elements in a UI and also helped in building my career

By Vivek U

Oct 3, 2020

It was outstanding! The details taken care of was beautiful. I understood a lot about UI/UX from his course, thank you so much.

By Haijing Q

Feb 21, 2019

Key UI design principles taught in plain English that was easy to follow as absorb. Projects were also fun to design as well.

By Alena A

Jan 30, 2019

This course is really important, I understood some things. Presentations were very clear and interest, also their submission.

By João P R V

Feb 26, 2020

excellent teachers and didactics, full of history and ''skin in the game'' baggage, step by step powerful knowledge builder.

By Natalya M

May 19, 2019

I was brand new to the field of UI and this course helped me to do the first steps in a fun and easy way! Thank you so much!

By Shikha M

Jul 25, 2020

This course really helped me by enhancing my skills and gave me so much knowledge. Learnt a lot and I became more creative.

By Ashwin G

May 20, 2019

Michael Worthington taught me basic to advanced about visual elements of user interface design,

Exellent teaching love it !

By Mereke A

Mar 14, 2019

Офигенный курс, особенно для начинающих. Good course, cuz it tells brief description and theory without any useless chatter

By Thomas D

Jul 29, 2020

Good course covering the fundamentals of design practices. Would recommend for anyone starting out a career path in design

By Bhargavi S

Aug 12, 2020

I even wrote an article about this specialization in Medium. I definitely feel it provides a good foundation to build on.

By Rohith V K M

Jul 5, 2020

This course is very helpful for the people who just want to start out in UI and know its terms and how it effects a user.

By Rozale C

Jun 25, 2020

Am very happy to complete this course. Useful materials and lessons, got really valuable experience in Visual Elements.

By Edwin T

Jun 27, 2020

Interesting, high suggested for people who works on Marketing or Design area to understand better how works the design

By Mayank V

May 14, 2020

Assignments are really good and helpful for understanding the contents of the lecture.. really enjoyed the course . :)

By Jatin K

Feb 20, 2021

very informative for basic understanding, loved the whole experience moving to the next course in the specialization.

By Thelma T d S

Jun 10, 2020

I think so interesting and amazing course. I learned so many things and for me the best one is very practical course.

By DANIELA M V I

Jun 2, 2020

Es un curso muy bien explicado, los temas vistos son concisos y creo que son buena base para seguir aprendiendo mas.

By Carlos A R

Jan 2, 2021

Great course! I have no experience in graphic design and i managed to complete this course with no struggle at all.

By Yi W

Nov 11, 2019

It's a good course to start with to know about uiux. Just hope to have more tutorial resource for designing tools.