Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

BB
Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

JN
Nov 20, 2018

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

126 - 150 of 942 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Mary M

Sep 10, 2020

This course does a good job of connecting the designer with the graphic elements of an interface. I thought the professor did an excellent job of explaining concepts and goals from the graphic perspective

By Venus Z

Aug 14, 2019

I loved this course! I'm a novice in this field and knew nothing about Viz Elements of UI but now I feel more confident in UI design; I understand the concept and approach. For me, this course was 5 stars!

By Ranajoy R

Dec 15, 2020

Excellent course to understand what it takes to create better user interface and how UI and UX are different but need to work together. Even the exercises are challenging for the non-designer but doable.

By Gala H

Feb 27, 2020

Muy completo e interesante, me ha encantado. Aprendes muchísimo y te hace plantearte nuevas formas de entender cómo interactuamos con los productos digitales. ¡Ahora a por el resto de la especialización!

By Shaikh A A

Feb 24, 2020

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone in changing my career life for the better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

By Rizwan s

Feb 8, 2021

By Lakkhana T

Oct 19, 2018

This course is a good start for the beginner. I hope everyone in the class enjoyed it as I do. Thanks all of my classmates who have reviewed my peers. I look forward seeing you in the next course.

By Adepu V

Sep 14, 2020

It's an amazing course with all the fundamentals covered! i personally loved their peer grading system which lets us see works that our fellow peers do and also grade each other with reviews.

By viviana s

Aug 8, 2020

it is a really great class, I learned a lot and realized I didn´t know as much as I thought, the lectures and extra resources are really great and help you learn more if thats what you want

By Carla A

Jul 21, 2019

I loved this course! I learned much more than I expected. I will continue to do the other parts of the specialization. Thank you, teacher Michael! Congratulations! Your course is a success!

By Francis B

May 15, 2020

Very clear and engaging course on Interface Design. I learned some much more than I expected and found myself understanding the concepts easier because of the presentation of the material.

By Lukas S

Jan 31, 2021

Super good introduction or a repeat material for anyone looking to refresh UI basic principles. Build good foundational knowledge to ensure well crafted and carefully structured UI works.

By Elsania T K

Nov 20, 2020

This course is amazing especially for me that just started in UI/UX design. For you who didn't have design basic, this course will teach you everything you need to start as a UI designer.

By SUPRIYA S

Jul 13, 2020

It was a great learning experience.Learned a lot of new skills and problem solving techniques related to User Interface design and Experience design as well.Highly recommend it to others.

By Neetu L

Mar 28, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course and learnt a lot. I had absolutely no knowledge about working on any of the adobe apps and designing, so this course is very good for beginners like me.

By Paulo E B d M

Feb 22, 2021

Quite didactic and instructive! Although I already know some of the concepts and practices, it complemented my knowledge of the area and consolidated what was before I had only one idea!

By Yeh J L

Feb 9, 2020

It feels good that I can show something and get reviews at the end.

The additional source that the course recommends is really helpful.

I'd like to go to the next step and improve myself.

By Siddharth Y

May 9, 2020

This course gave me a basic idea of UI design. Every video gave me the knowledge that led me to design a UI for an app. I'll be finishing all the four courses in this specialization.

By Jose P A M

Apr 18, 2020

Very complete course. Takes detail in a lot of important aspects of UI/UX design. The video lessons are entertaining and they keep the attention. I feel like a better designer now.

By Katerina K

Jan 18, 2021

Very interessant course with practice exercises. I liked it and learned some new things. I would just have a possibility to download a pdf file to repeat some things that I learnt.

By Nabil R

Jul 13, 2020

In your course I learned to better understand ui ux design, as well as your responsiveness and your comments will allow me to better consolidate my work. Thank you for everything.

By Chunxu M

Apr 19, 2020

I like this course ! a lot of solid informtion and resourse, you can adjust your learning speed.

the only thing is peer review seems not too helpful compare to prefessional review.

By NINAD D

Awesome course i had learn so many things in these course.

Thanks to my college Zeal Education Society for giving me this opportunity and also thanks to coursera fot this course.

By Ola M

Course was very beneficial, I recommend it for beginner designers as well as designers with experience to put base for their choices and enrich their experience with knowledge

By Veronica S S

Jun 18, 2020

Thankyou for the knowledge, it's really helps me to make design more detail and think in many way. And thank you for the assignment, it gives me know plus minus of my design.