Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

BB

Apr 01, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

JN

Nov 21, 2018

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

151 - 175 of 577 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Eunice P

Oct 08, 2019

Wonderful course for beginners of mobile app design. The course project is also a great way to get a feel of the interface design process.

By dickleung

Jul 12, 2020

I can learning from this course about the UX methodology, rather then technical skill set. It's what i want to learn, Thanks for that.

By Chris R

Jan 30, 2019

Practical, encouraging and realistic course where the teacher expects initiative from the student. I can highly recommend this course.

By Sruthy S R

Mar 30, 2020

The course content was really informative and the assignments were challenging, especially for a beginner. Truly enjoyed this course.

By Md. Y A R

Sep 13, 2019

The course I took "Visual Elements of User Interface Design", Was interesting. I can make a new direction for career and set my goal.

By Jannet O

Sep 06, 2019

I have enjoy this course. It has given me clear vision and information on each functionality of the visual elements of UI design.

By Dehsen

Feb 21, 2019

great introduction into UI design. I have implemented some of the methodologies here, and it has really sped up my creative process

By Farrah G W

Dec 27, 2019

I came into this class knowing absolutely nothing.

Now I am coming out more confident in my design,

I am very grateful for coursra.

By Matthew T

Nov 11, 2019

A well done course, with material that will you leave the course with knowledge of UI/UX design, in an easy to understand fashion.

By Katarina F P

Aug 16, 2019

CalArts Professors are so engaging and interesting to follow. Enjoyed it all the way, and I'm looking forward for the next course!

By Bianca L

Nov 05, 2019

Great tool kit for beginners! You come out of it with the fundamentals of UI design, and a small mock-up to add to your portfolio

By Mantra M S

Apr 25, 2020

Loved the practicality in this course. Perhaps more practical components can be added. Overall, I definitely learned a lot here.

By Prasad B

Sep 21, 2019

this course helps me to understand how the visual elements are used in the UI and also teach me how to used it in any situation.

By Gustavo S

Apr 15, 2019

Very well structured and step by step guidance. For advanced users it may seem a bit slow, but still there's something to learn.

By Haijing Q

Feb 21, 2019

Key UI design principles taught in plain English that was easy to follow as absorb. Projects were also fun to design as well.

By Alena A

Jan 30, 2019

This course is really important, I understood some things. Presentations were very clear and interest, also their submission.

By João P R V

Feb 26, 2020

excellent teachers and didactics, full of history and ''skin in the game'' baggage, step by step powerful knowledge builder.

By Natalya M

May 19, 2019

I was brand new to the field of UI and this course helped me to do the first steps in a fun and easy way! Thank you so much!

By Ashwin G

May 20, 2019

Michael Worthington taught me basic to advanced about visual elements of user interface design,

Exellent teaching love it !

By Mereke A

Mar 14, 2019

Офигенный курс, особенно для начинающих. Good course, cuz it tells brief description and theory without any useless chatter

By Rohith V K M

Jul 05, 2020

This course is very helpful for the people who just want to start out in UI and know its terms and how it effects a user.

By Rozale C

Jun 25, 2020

Am very happy to complete this course. Useful materials and lessons, got really valuable experience in Visual Elements.

By Edwin T

Jun 27, 2020

Interesting, high suggested for people who works on Marketing or Design area to understand better how works the design

By Mayank V

May 14, 2020

Assignments are really good and helpful for understanding the contents of the lecture.. really enjoyed the course . :)