Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

JN
Nov 20, 2018

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

BB
Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

151 - 175 of 940 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Tony G

Dec 2, 2020

Being a long time graphic designer, the skills I am learning from this course complement my design skills and will help me to pursue the next obvious choice in my career.

By Murtuza W

Aug 6, 2020

Its a true learning course of UI/UX for the beginners. Step by step course material visual videos and notes helps a lot in a deep understanding and reach toward your goal

By Donghwan K

Apr 9, 2020

This is a basic lecture, but it is the most important.

It helped me to understand the basic concept of UI / UX.

I think you can study deeper UI / UX through this lecture.

By Samantha M

This course is awesome, easy to understand and fun to complete. It is recommended to everyone who is interested in beginning their journey in the creative digital space.

By Saba G

Jun 23, 2019

This course will take you through the details of building a user friendly interface. I loved completing the assignments each week that finished a big project at the end.

By Dhanika A

Jun 10, 2019

This course was great to learn the basic aspects of design UI. Overall good course enjoyed it. I'd highly suggest for people who wanted to start on the field of UI/UX.

By Elilien V

Aug 17, 2020

Muy buen curso para adentrarse en el Diseño UI / UX, brinda de manera muy ordenada los conceptos esenciales para ir profundizando en los temas. Totalmente recomendable

By Yaling L

Jul 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The content contained fundamental materials. The sequence of the content was spot on. Love the way the instructor delivers the lectures.

By Lucian B

Jul 8, 2019

Good basics on UI design. As I have previously studied design, it was rather simple, but for those not familiar with the concepts I imagine it would be quite helpful.

By Thamizh T N R

Jun 1, 2020

This course helped me greatly getting started with UI/UX from scratch. I got enough knowledge about how UI/UX works and looking forward for the next specialisations.

By Aniela C

Jan 28, 2021

I love the content is pretty easy to follow and digest, I like the incorporation of some lectures from other authors. Also the excerice is great! I really enjoy it.

By Nargis S

May 4, 2020

This course has all the basics and advanced knowledge required for a UI design. It has taught me a new skill to take my career in Graphic Design in a new direction.

By Chan B Y

Feb 26, 2020

Awesome course structure with the peer review system. We can learn from reviewing our peer's artwork and reflect on our own by absorbing suggestions from our peers.

By neel s r

Jul 10, 2020

Good concepts and best way to start for a beginner to know basics about UI and UX, specially I've learned UI designing basics and theoretical knowledge.

By Akshobhya S

Mar 6, 2019

Simple, easy to follow and understand and something that can be very useful to even professionals. Revisitng the basics has helped me become better as a designer!

By Eman J

Nov 10, 2018

It was very first online certification. It went awesome everything was very well organised and distribution of the whole content was very clear and well arranged.

By Bryan M

Dec 29, 2020

Very informative, easy to follow and fun! Thank you very much. I have a better understanding about UI design, as well as the difference between UI and UX design.

By Diana A

Mar 16, 2020

Great course! It shares the basic concepts of interface design in a plain way but engaging, guiding you through the stages of designing the look of your own app.

By Acyuta C

Jan 25, 2019

Love it. The instructor is wonderful and incredibly clear even for such complex topics as UI/UX and their relation. I can't wait to start the following course.

By Katarína K

Sep 22, 2020

A very nice introduction into the world of UI (/UX) design, with great practical tasks that were tied well to the theory and concepts explained in the videos.

By Beatriz

Feb 26, 2019

Loved the content, Specially the readings that involved so much information and the step by step guidance to design an engaging and well structured interface.

By Namrata S

Jun 1, 2020

Extremely well structured course and the content is really helpful in shaping the skills. I really enjoyed working on the briefs as they sharpen your skills!

By Deepa H

Jun 2, 2020

I think there should be a video on how to use adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator and should give us a free platform for adobe photoshop as it is costly.

By Soumyajit D

Jul 11, 2020

Brilliant course. It was very enlightening and enjoyable. Learnt a great deal about UI/UX. Hoping to attend more such sessions in near future. Thank you :)

By Tanish J J

May 4, 2020

Well, It was really an enriching experience for me, I especially loved the assignments and how well they made me understood all the lectures! Great course!