Back to Visual Elements of User Interface Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Elements of User Interface Design by California Institute of the Arts

This design-centric course examines the broad question of what an interface is and what role a designer plays in creating a user interface. Learning how to design and articulate meaning using color, type, and imagery is essential to making interfaces function clearly and seamlessly. Through a series of lectures and visual exercises, you will focus on the many individual elements and components that make up the skillset of an interface designer. By the end of this course, you will be able to describe the key formal elements of clear, consistent, and intuitive UI design, and apply your learned skills to the design of a static screen-based interface. This is the first course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

JN
Nov 20, 2018

I never thought this is possible. I am very grateful to Coursera and Calarts. This is a starting milestone to changing my career life for better. I am ready to pursue more and more with your support.

BB
Mar 31, 2020

This course is very useful for a beginner who is looking for the basics of UI/UX course.\n\nThis course will give you the basic idea of interface design which very important for its advanced studies.

201 - 225 of 940 Reviews for Visual Elements of User Interface Design

By Karl C A

Oct 22, 2020

This course is really great! Beginners' friendly and very informative. I didn't know anything about UI Design but this taught me very deeply.

By Fredj K

Jul 7, 2020

A great course, absolutely an amazing course for any level UI/UX designer or for front end web developer experienced or at a beginner level.

By ASKARALI T

Feb 15, 2019

That was a awesome experience!!.. Thanks to Coursera and CalArts , for giving me this opportunity. I am so excited to continue this course.

By Martin R

Nov 21, 2018

Great course to ease oneself into the topic, or a refresher for those doing it, but needing structure and reason to improve their practice.

By Kimberly T

Nov 27, 2020

Very easy to follow and do at your own pace. The assignments helped to apply what I learned and I now have a design to add to my portfolio

By Luca C

Oct 14, 2020

For Start to understand how the workflow is done and how you can deal with it i think this course is pretty well done! I strongly suggest!

By Eunice P

Oct 8, 2019

Wonderful course for beginners of mobile app design. The course project is also a great way to get a feel of the interface design process.

By Kyle C D A

Dec 10, 2020

Fantastic. Wonderful lecturer, very meticulously explained. I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next stage of the specialization.

By Theo 1

Nov 24, 2020

This course is great for anyone wanting start understanding UI Design. I really enjoyed taking Visual Elements of User Interface Design.

By Binoj m

Sep 15, 2020

I feel the course is well conceived and executed especially for beginners. Loved the classes and tasks given by Mr. Worthington. Thanks.

By kareem h

Nov 8, 2020

It's a really good course. It helps me understand the meaning of the visual elements of UI design and build my new career

Really thanks

By dickleung

Jul 12, 2020

I can learning from this course about the UX methodology, rather then technical skill set. It's what i want to learn, Thanks for that.

By Chris R

Jan 30, 2019

Practical, encouraging and realistic course where the teacher expects initiative from the student. I can highly recommend this course.

By Antonietta Z

Sep 24, 2020

it was an amazing experience with a great attention on all the details, focusing with a good rhythm on the actions to do step by step

By Natalia C

Aug 25, 2020

I wish the reviews of the projects where more professional and not just the students review. But over all the course was really good.

By Sruthy R

Mar 30, 2020

The course content was really informative and the assignments were challenging, especially for a beginner. Truly enjoyed this course.

By Md. Y A R

Sep 13, 2019

The course I took "Visual Elements of User Interface Design", Was interesting. I can make a new direction for career and set my goal.

By Jannet O

Sep 5, 2019

I have enjoy this course. It has given me clear vision and information on each functionality of the visual elements of UI design.

By Dehsen

Feb 21, 2019

great introduction into UI design. I have implemented some of the methodologies here, and it has really sped up my creative process

By Farrah G W

Dec 27, 2019

I came into this class knowing absolutely nothing.

Now I am coming out more confident in my design,

I am very grateful for coursra.

By Matthew T

Nov 11, 2019

A well done course, with material that will you leave the course with knowledge of UI/UX design, in an easy to understand fashion.

By Katarina F P

Aug 16, 2019

CalArts Professors are so engaging and interesting to follow. Enjoyed it all the way, and I'm looking forward for the next course!

By Abdullah N Q

Sep 4, 2020

The course made me understand the fundamentals of UI design , the process from a design perspective from thought to an interface.

By Bianca

Nov 5, 2019

Great tool kit for beginners! You come out of it with the fundamentals of UI design, and a small mock-up to add to your portfolio