Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AN
May 8, 2020

I have learned a lot of things from this course. This course disclosed innumerable mysteries of human body that I didn't know earlier. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks for this wonderful content.

1101 - 1125 of 1,138 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Syed s

Apr 21, 2019

nice

By 唐红

Feb 24, 2017

Good

By Edwin F C S

May 5, 2019

Apr 25, 2016

g

By Huntsman

Mar 14, 2021

Way too difficult for non-medical people!

I come from Chemistry background and took this course to supplement my Biochemical studies. Thinking "What better way to learn than to see how exactly organic chemicals function in your body?" Armed with nothing but weak memories of high school anatomy, I enrolled in this course and was instantly hit by a barrage of difficult names of organs with equally difficult functions. A little shaken, but by no means broken, I continued the course thinking that it will get easier. My continued journey lasted only a short while as I came across the first quiz. It was so damn hard that it took me 3 days and 9 attempts to just pass it! This stopped me right in my tracks. To hell with "how organic chemicals function in your body". Also the "get 70% to pass" is honestly a joke. My university will give you a degree requiring only a half of that percentile. So much for "Online Learning".

With that out of the way, this is actually a good course. Dr. Scanga does deliver her lectures brilliantly using interactive and relatively fun learning techniques. If you are a medical professional, or even someone with the will to overcome anatomy to get at the hidden secrets of the body, I would recommend this course to you.

By Baxan A

Dec 29, 2016

Thank you very much , it helped a lot. it was good to find a course like this, especially for me that Iam in a country that there is war , in here we fight against ISIS , and the situation is hard here to have courses and other things to be get better in what we want . so a huge thanks to you all.

By Nicole M

Feb 24, 2020

I was sort of disappointed in Penn quality course...seemed to simply revist/reinforce what I learned in HS

Mar 21, 2016

A bit informative than expected as per a Life science student. However brilliant for beginners.

By asifa w

Jan 12, 2017

it was a good experiance.

i got to revise things i learned before.

By Ritwik M

Jun 17, 2020

very less clinical, but good to learn basics (theoretically)

By 朱梓勤

Mar 28, 2016

Useful lesson for our live! However, it is quite difficult.

By Neetu G