Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY

Feb 10, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN

Feb 21, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

51 - 75 of 531 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By Raghunaath R R

Feb 12, 2020

One word "Awesome". Who ever wants to learn the web application using PHP i will recommend this course 200%. In depth detail and every details count while your creating an web application.

Special thanks to Charles Russell Severance, Clinical Professor, School of Information and also Coursera team.

By Ashley U

Oct 06, 2019

Excellent introduction to PHP. Just the right degree of difficulty such that you are not given all the answers in advance, have to do some exploring and modifying the code yourself, and will therefore retain the information. Dr. Chuck was an excellent instructor and very engaging, even virtually.

By Samit

Jul 20, 2020

What a wonderful teacher. This course is mainly geared towards intuition building more than the exact coding and it does an excellent job in doing that. Charles is among the most inspiring teacher I've come across in any MOOC I've taken. Its a must if you're just getting into PHP

By Sankalp S

Feb 19, 2018

Its was a great course, well taught, the forums and support was excellent. I had a great time solving the somewhat challenging assignments of the last two weeks. The course encourages you to find your own solution to problems and does not spoon feed. Overall i loved it.

By Peter K

Apr 16, 2020

WOW! Simply AMAZING! This class was one of the BEST classes I have ever taken in my life!

Prof. Severance is very gifted and knows how to convey the new information in a very helpful way. The material covered is AWESOME, the pace is perfect. Thank you, Prof Chuck!!!

By Javier E

Nov 06, 2019

Very enjoyable course filled with plenty of information to get you started with bot HTML and PHP.

The course materials are of good quality and the course is well structured. The lectures are engaging and easy to follow. The explanations and examples are clear.

By H. M M H

Jun 19, 2020

Very good for the beginners.also for clearing out basics of the PHP HTML & CSS this course is very much recommended. the assignment bit rushed into deep before teaching the topic itself but okay I guess. I had a wonderful time with the instructor.it's fun. :)

By Harshvardhan S

Mar 13, 2018

I very much like this course & I'll surely be suggesting this to my colleagues. Charles sir were great in there. I've enrolled in his other courses too. The way he takes us back to the origin of the programming languages & his experiences with it is amazing!

By Nancy S

Jul 19, 2018

This is one of the best well packed online Web Development course. The videos, reading materials and all the relevant assignment has helped me clear my doubts and has taught me a lot of important concepts which I can use in real-life web applications.

By Kyle V

May 26, 2018

Great into course that covers a lot of ground. While taking this course will not make you a commercial ready application developer, this course lays a solid foundation for refining programming and application development skills down the road.

By Aditya C

Jan 03, 2018

Excellent for those who have some prior programming experience and want to learn some web development in HTML and PHP. It also teaches you how to host and test the php files live on your own desktop and test it before actually publishing it.

By Sarvagya S

Apr 06, 2020

This course is a real must if anyone wants to begin learning PHP and web Applications. Sir Charles Russell Severance is a really great teacher. His extra videos that he shares are really were helpful to get better insight on the topic.

By Yana K

Aug 03, 2020

Relly enjoed this course. I have already used PHP in my projects, but I wanted to learn more theory and go deeply in language. This course helps to learn significant basics of PHP, HTML and CSS. By the way, bonus video are so fun! :)

By Ameya N S

Aug 05, 2019

This was my first online course.It was an good experince. Dr.chunk explain not only concept of web development but also history of web development in detail. Video lectures are awesome, you will never get bored during this course.

By Natraj n c

Jun 16, 2018

The main reason that made every one including me like this course is teaching style of Professor Charles. His teaching style is unique. I can say that the best course and specialization I have taken in coursera is this one.

By Chandan K

Aug 13, 2018

This course is really awesome that made me enjoyed this course while learning fundamentals of PHP programming with practical assignments. Also I really like wonderful style of teaching from course's instructor Dr. Chuck.

By Sayyid A S R

Jul 12, 2020

Dr. Chuck's courses are always nicely explained, and the concepts help in freelance work. One thing I would like to be improved is the Auto-graded assignments which are easy to do, but difficult to understand the task.

By Philip

Apr 01, 2018

Love this course. Dr Chuck is a great teacher. He makes difficult subjects appear simple and his courses provide the foundation for further study. Do this course. Do ALL of Dr Chucks courses. You will not regret it.

By PULLURU S L

Jun 15, 2020

concepts and tools are presented well and easily understandable with neat examples. Recommended for those who want to learn web application. Professor Dr. chuck lectures are cool, assignment resources are helpful.

By Kapilan B

May 03, 2020

Step by Step guide, very energetic and enthusiastic professor. My First finished course in coursera (Lot of courses are on progress for a long time. Hehe). Thank you for this opportunity. Keep the good work going.

By Shyam S

Jun 05, 2019

This course is quite engaging and Dr. chuck's teaching style makes you feel like you were watching a movie. I also learned a great deal in PHP. Overall, a must have if you want to learn the fundamentals of php.

By Gourav K K

Jul 06, 2020

This course is very good for those who want to learn web development. I will recommend to enroll into this wonderful course and learn something that will help you. Thanks Coursera and University of Michigan.

By Wishnuputra D

Jan 04, 2020

Thank you Professor Charles, for the great course. In this course I learned a lot about PHP and how web application work. Now I understand how web application works and I am ready to learn any web framework.

By Michael S

Jul 11, 2018

I just finished the previous certificate on front-end design and I always wondered what happened on the back end. I am one step closer to understanding it, thanks to this great class. I highly recommend it.

By Bhavya S

Jun 27, 2020

Perfect MOOC for learning PHP with understanding of what going on behind the code.

Dr. Chuck is the coolest teacher I ever seen, he taught every concept with fun.

I really love the "Bonus Videos".

Thanks