Back to Building Web Applications in PHP

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in PHP by University of Michigan

In this course, you'll explore the basic structure of a web application, and how a web browser interacts with a web server. You'll be introduced to the request/response cycle, including GET/POST/Redirect. You'll also gain an introductory understanding of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), as well as the basic syntax and data structures of the PHP language, variables, logic, iteration, arrays, error handling, and superglobal variables, among other elements. An introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) will allow you to style markup for webpages. Lastly, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to install and use an integrated PHP/MySQL environment like XAMPP or MAMP....

YY
Feb 9, 2018

Even being quite an expert in area, I still enjoyed this course a lot and learning quite much from it as well. Highly recommended to everyone who developed an interest to PHP and web-applications.

VN
Feb 20, 2018

Thanks for a great course by which I learn a lot of experience from the experts :-). One of the my assignments has been gradually developed into a more robust site at https://englishpicture.net

101 - 125 of 851 Reviews for Building Web Applications in PHP

By Michael S

Jul 11, 2018

I just finished the previous certificate on front-end design and I always wondered what happened on the back end. I am one step closer to understanding it, thanks to this great class. I highly recommend it.

By Bhavya S

Jun 27, 2020

Perfect MOOC for learning PHP with understanding of what going on behind the code.

Dr. Chuck is the coolest teacher I ever seen, he taught every concept with fun.

I really love the "Bonus Videos".

Thanks

By Maria E C G

Feb 3, 2019

Thank you very much Dr. Chuck, I learn and enjoy your classes. I understand a better way to do my job,security is important in data management.I recomend this course to all who do web applications

By DIDIEK T

Apr 21, 2021

This course really helps me in my area of interest. Especially for prospective web developers, it is mandatory to take this course because this course is extraordinary and easy to understand.

By Khalid H

Jul 15, 2021

I enjoying this Building Web Applications in PHP course. By this course I was gather a lots of basic knowledge of PHP Framework. Hopefully this course is one of the best course for freshers.

By Zakaria K

May 17, 2021

if you know nothing about php, this is the best course to begin with, Charles is a cool person, he have an inormative explication and bring funny jokes, really liked the course!

By Tristan G

Jan 19, 2019

Really appreciate that the low level explanations are given for things. Other courses throw frameworks and high-level functions with no explanation which is really frustrating.

By SIDDHARTH S

Jul 23, 2020

Nice one but needed more example during teaching than theory and history. What i think, we needed a few more dummy projects which could be demonstrated being done by the prof.

By Fedotov N

Nov 25, 2018

very interesting course,doctor Chuck is the best teacher in my life!

Now i know so much about Php and how it works and its very beautiful!

Thank you,Dr.Chuck!You are the best!

By sofia g

May 7, 2018

I loved this course, it puts nicely togather different aspects of web applications. Enjoyble. fun and easy to start with :) Good foundation for sure for further learning :)

By Hussien F

Nov 10, 2020

I love this course it did educated me so much! and the materials are great because the content makes you truly a basic web developer, Thanks For This Great Course!!

By Kirill A

Mar 27, 2020

Just what I was looking for. Not just simple listing of different functions and commands, but a great overview how the things are interconnected between each other.

By Fahim R

May 4, 2020

Thanks for explained the HTML, CSS efficiently for learning basic web development purpose. Looking forward to complete the Web Applications for Everybody course.

By Praveen N

Aug 22, 2020

This was a great course. The teacher is excellent, very experienced and is able to carry his experience and knowledge into the teachings in an excellent manner

By WALTER G R L

Aug 19, 2020

Good very good! I am very happy to learn new knowledge.

Very good study program, friendly with the student and above all the effort to teach quality classes.

By Linda K

Sep 8, 2018

This is a great course. I've just used what I learned to build a mySQL DB with data in JSON.

Thanks for this fabulous opportunity to have a great skill set :)

By Nicholas M

May 12, 2019

A great course for learning HTML, CSS, and PHP. It also teaches you why these languages are important to learn and how they fit together in a larger picture.

By Jacques D

Apr 29, 2019

I appreciated this course. It was simple and succinct. I'm using the topics learned as a basis for more learning. Sadly, there are no courses on Advanced PHP

By Juan S D O

Aug 5, 2020

The teacher explains very well and the course has some good tests and practices to introduce in the webpage making world. I have learned a lot with this one

By Juan M O

Jul 10, 2020

Great teacher!! It's an excellent introductory course to php. It doesn't go deep inside each topic, but I think that must be impossible!!!!.

I'd do it again!

By Siddhesh P (

Sep 8, 2021

The course is very nice . The course structure is very nice. Sir is very good in teaching and this course had cleared many of my fundamental doubts in PHP.

By Anestis K

Mar 26, 2019

Great course and instructor. I recommend this to everyone who is into web programming. The course is for people who have some basic programming experience.

By Sai N Y

Oct 8, 2019

I learned some new server language with which I can build some new applications. Thank the coursera and all the professors out for support and patience.

By Javier M

Oct 13, 2018

Great class, well taught by a very engaging lecturer. I would recommend this class to anybody who is interested in learning more about web applications.

By Abrar H

Mar 20, 2019

Excellent teaching style by Dr. Chuk. I am able to develop web application after completing this course.

Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Chuk for great work.