Back to Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture by California Institute of the Arts

This course is focused on the early user experience (UX) challenges of research, planning, setting goals, understanding the user, structuring content, and developing interactive sequences. While the concepts covered will translate to many kinds of interactive media (apps, digital kiosks, games), our primary focus will be on designing contemporary, responsive websites. In this course you will complete the first half of a large scale project—developing a comprehensive plan for a complex website—by defining the strategy and scope of the site, as well as developing its information architecture and overall structure. Along the way we will also discuss: - Different job descriptions in the web design industry and where UX and UI skills fall within this spectrum - The difference between native apps and websites - The difference of agile vs. waterfall approaches - User personas and site personas - User testing The work and knowledge in this course continues in the last course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes, where you will tackle—finally—wireframes, visual mockups, and clickable prototypes. This is the third course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

Jul 28, 2019

This course is extremely beneficial who wish to understand as to how web designing happens and works. I helps build strategy as it show show to build your ideas when you are actually working.

SW

Apr 18, 2019

This course was fantastic! Content clear and the best part was seeing the instructor with actual students discussing actual projects. I would highly recommend this course. Thanks!

51 - 75 of 107 Reviews for Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture

By Ankita R

Aug 08, 2019

It was a really helpful course. I learned and enjoyed a lot. Thank you.

By Zaloga Y I

Sep 11, 2019

Perfect course with the possibility to create the design consciously.

By Amilcar J L R

Dec 30, 2019

It has exceeded my expectations .. thanks Coursera, thanks CalArts

By Viviane G d R

Jun 02, 2020

Great course! Everybody who works with information should do it.

By Sannidhan M S

Peer review option is horrendous. Everyone think of me not we.

By Arthur B

Dec 12, 2019

I'm so thankful, everything about the course just excellent!

By Hegel E G

May 02, 2019

Very necessary if you are planning to start in this field

By Vaibhav V

May 13, 2020

The readings section of the course has amazing articles.

By Stuart G

Feb 26, 2020

It was excellent. I learned a lot and I have new ideas!

By Ntshebo R

Jul 09, 2020

I really enjoyed this course definitely a game changer

By Carla A

Aug 18, 2019

This is the best course I did. I love this course.

By Carlos G G

May 31, 2019

Excellent material and online teaching methodology.

By chris d

Jun 24, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot and easy to follow.

By Dmitry D

Apr 23, 2019

Easy to understand, structured and interesting!

By Sudhanshu K R

For me CalArts Is Love That's all i can speak

By Aryan J

Jun 09, 2020

Must study course to become UI/UX designer

By Julian M A

Jul 13, 2020

Great improvement to the previous course.

By Nouman S

Every thing was perfect and practical.

By aqsa i

Dec 26, 2019

Easy to learn and very informative.

By Ivan R R

Mar 17, 2019

I really recommend this course! :)

By Wein T

May 11, 2019

Comprehensive and great content.

By Vanessa C

Oct 22, 2019

Informative and easy to follow.

By Clara A

Jan 31, 2020

I really liked the assignment.

By Abhishek V