Back to Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes by California Institute of the Arts

This course is focused on the application of the early UX research to actual user interfaces: the creation of wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes. Along the way we will also discuss: - Responsive web design and mobile web challenges - Mobile-first approach - Web typography - The relationship between design and programming and whether it is important to know how to code - The different web technologies that make the web work, such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, server-side coding, and databases. This course is the continuation of the course Web Design: Strategy and Information Architecture, in which students completed the first half of a large scale project—developing a comprehensive plan for a complex website. If you are intending to complete the assignments in this course to earn a certificate you must complete the Strategy and Information Architecture course first so you have the materials and data needed to begin creating wireframes and mockups in this course. This is the fourth and last course in the UI/UX Design Specialization, which brings a design-centric approach to user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design, and offers practical, skill-based instruction centered around a visual communications perspective, rather than on one focused on marketing or programming alone. These courses are ideal for anyone with some experience in graphic or visual design and who would like to build their skill set in UI or UX for app and web design. It would also be ideal for anyone with experience in front- or back-end web development or human-computer interaction and want to sharpen their visual design and analysis skills for UI or UX....

AT

Oct 08, 2020

Interesting course. Just the right amount of challenge. I liked seeing the two students show their progress as the course went along, this gave a peek into what we're expected to do.

KE

Apr 21, 2020

This class balances theoretical knowledge and technical skills. I love that it covered everything from target audience strategy and design trends to code and wireframing instruction.

26 - 50 of 92 Reviews for Web Design: Wireframes to Prototypes

By Jeffrey J

Quite interesting and very good videos and lots and lots on material to read and work on to become better at Web Design...

By Mehr K

Apr 20, 2020

I have truly learnt a lot in this course. I was scared of doing softwares like xd but this course made it easier.

By Ankita R

Aug 29, 2019

It is really a very nice and helpful course. This UX design specialization is a must for all UX design beginners.

By Christalyn D

Mar 22, 2020

Definitely more intensive than the first course of the Web Design (at least from a graphic design perspective).

By Sofía S B V

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent teacher and great assignments. I really learnt a lot in this course. I completely recommend it.

By Abigail A

Dec 12, 2019

Great course, especially combined to complete the series I was able to have an entire project.

By Joseph B

Nov 07, 2019

a brilliant course, you get all the basic information that you need to start in UX/UI, thank you so much!

By Li S

Jul 29, 2020

Thank you so much for your course! it was a big pleasure for me to learn and listen to you! best wishes!

By Izhar C

Jun 19, 2020

If you want to plan and create websites that communicate to your target audience this course is for you

By Aya A M E S

Mar 08, 2020

This Course helped me a lot and I could add my first project to my portfolio. Great Content. Thank You

By Bernardo P

Jul 28, 2020

Excellent course. Highly recommended to anyone trying to understand basic principles of web design.

By Ntshebo R

Jul 09, 2020

I only have good things to say about this course. Easy to follow and very satisfactory.

By Orlando O

Sep 03, 2020

Great course Learned a lot about design trends, tools, and resources. Thank you Roman

By Julian M A

Jul 13, 2020

Great ending to a series of courses. I feel way more confident about my skills now.

By Janie L

Apr 14, 2020

A nice process of developing a website from the strategy level to the visual level.

By Carla A

Oct 04, 2019

I learned a lot. I love this course. Thank you, Roman and team.

Cheers,

Carla Alves.

By Farwa R

Aug 11, 2020

Best tutor and I have learnt alot.thankful to CalArts coursera and teachers

By Mustafa M G

Aug 04, 2020

What a great experience for me. I have learned a lot. Thanks for everything

By Lunara L C

Feb 24, 2020

Great Course! I've learned a lot. Good content and very clear classes!

By Robin O

Apr 02, 2019

Well-taught and interesting insight from this course. Would recommend!

By Fernando C F

Aug 11, 2020

Very good course for those who wants to start on the UX/UI subject.

By Sarah A

Aug 13, 2020

Great course! I loved the examples of other students helped a lot.

By Natalia A M L

Apr 14, 2020

I learned too much in these course. Thanks to coursera and CalARTS

By Aline P

Mar 04, 2020

Professors are really great! The time of the lessons are perfect!

By Manasi H

Nov 17, 2019

Great course and very well thought out by Professor Roman Jastor!