Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

601 - 625 of 818 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By PRANAV J

Nice

By Prasun K

Jun 3, 2020

good

By Golla M

good

By Shanti C

May 23, 2020

Good

By Tamada D s

GOOD

By TANU S

May 7, 2020

Apr 14, 2020

NICE

By Praduman v

Nov 6, 2019

GOOD

By RAGHVENDRA M

Jun 11, 2019

good

By Mohan R

Jul 15, 2020

Mar 17, 2019

By Shreyansh

By BIDYA R M

Feb 1, 2021

The whole course was amazing. but I have given 4 out 5 is because it's a beginner's level course and all the material is of course beginner's friendly but javascript is a little confusing and it's harder to learn than HTML and CSS. So it could have been better if the codes and tags were explained properly from scratch. Like why span is used, why inner HTML, and all in a bit more detail. that is it. that is my only concern because this is my first computer course in web development and I wasn't able to fully understand those. but of course the other elements i.e. HTML and CSS were very well explained and up to the mark. even javascript was good but I wanted it to be a bit more detailed as it is a beginner's course.

By Tricia C

Dec 23, 2020

This is a really good introductory course for anyone who wants to get into web development or do a refresher on the basics. You will learn HTML, JavaScript, and CSS and the final project will really give your brain a work out. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the way how the file uploads work for the assignment submissions. Students are encouraged to use external CSS and JS files but the course's file storage system doesn't link them properly after upload. This make it difficult for reviewers to test the files as the students intended.

By Arda B

Jun 13, 2017

This is course is a very good overview of the basics to Web Development. The course provided an outline of basic concepts, resources, and exercises to begin learning Web Development. For me, getting through the assignments in the course required a ton of research and working through W3Schools and CodeAcademy. Just know the course provides a framework that empowers you to work on your own. I enjoyed the scope of this course, the peer-editing process and assessment is superb and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is new to Web Development

By Jim

Mar 20, 2021

I think the course was great. I learned a tremendous amount about HTML, JavaScript and CSS and I was also provided the tools to continue learning more in these areas. The professor was clear and easy to understand. My only complaint would be the format of submission of the final project. It should have been clearer how to submit multiple files. This has clearly been an issue for years, based on the forum topics; so, I am surprised it has not been addressed. Even a simple explanation of approaches would have been useful.

By Ariadna M

Dec 19, 2020

It was a great course and it was very well explained! My only issue is in the final project there is not clarity for the students who have to review eachothers final work, the way is set makes it look like only the html works. This happens because there is no explanation or steps to tell the student they must download each file in the same folder before viewing the html, so they click them separately and they dont work so they dock points. Please fix this! Students are losing a lot of points for this.

For the rest, thank you!

By WL G

Sep 3, 2020

Everything almost fine, but I strongly disagree with the assignment grading system that was given by the other students on my assignment actually done correctly which it suppose should get a higher mark, but due to one of the reviewers had given me the incorrect review it had caused me a lower mark. This is very very unfair regards to all our hard works and time spent to take this course. I hope the management can look into this issues seriously. Thank you.