Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

626 - 650 of 817 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Nasim B

Oct 29, 2020

I am really upset about the peer grading system because sometimes it happens that someone gives the wrong review which is happened with me. Two-person reviewed my assignment, one of the peer reviewed well and comment that "Good work, No mistakes" and other ones reviewed and find out some mistake which actually I didn't. As far as I know, I have fulfilled all requirements of the week-6 / final assignment.

By Ankit D

Jul 24, 2020

It was a very informative course. Learned a lot about web development and every thing related to it. The practice exercises are amazing

Note:- Could you have some replacement for peer review. The grading is not always up to the mark. Many a times they don't follow the rubrics or don't check the page properly.

There some who are putting links of W3school to get away with the work. Please look into these.

By Angelos C

Dec 16, 2020

The course is nice, the platform has issues with the files of the assignments. The .js and .css files are not called from the .html file when they are used. Maybe you should let the student upload multiple files at the same time and they should get uploaded in the same folder. Or some reason the .js and .css filenames get changed and they can't get called from the src= and href= values accordingly.

By tarun s

May 28, 2017

it is very good for starting knowledge in the field of web development. But for be a specialization in this field , specialization course will be good and it will be waste of time to apply for it than for specialization course.It will be helpful to understand things in next course after doing this course. in this course given references are very helpful. and the teaching method is also nice.

By Samarth G

It was a good course specially for beginners. Most of the things are explained in a very simple way. HTML and CSS are explained nicely, if you are a beginner you can find Javascript slight difficult but continuous will help you to have a nice grip on Jacascript. this is a very good course if you want to start a new journey in web development.

By Chesay C

Jan 23, 2017

Enjoyed the Foundation of Web Development. For the next iteration of the course I would suggestion going over in more detail how HTML and JavaScript should be linked with using JavaScript validation. This was something many learners struggled with and the provided resources missed some key things beginners would struggle to grasp.

By Yarkos V

Oct 6, 2017

Muy bien explicado, y ayuda mucho la documentación adicional para leer o ver. Sería recomendable dar más tarea obligatoria para practicar los conceptos impartidos a fin de detectar debilidades en el aprendizaje y despejar dudas. Gracias por este curso y la claridad del mismo.

By marina m

Nov 30, 2020

I think this was a good foundation course to get started on web development. A lot of effort went into providing resources for us and I am grateful, will recommend to others. Would like to see younger children e.g. teens as it is a great gateway to a successful career path.

By Sugandha A

Aug 29, 2017

This is a very good course for the beginners in web development. It gives good examples and is quite easy to walk along with the pace of the course. exercises at the end are quite meaningful to access what we have learned. I also like that way the course is structured.

By Daniel S

Jun 29, 2021

in the end, i liked the assessment. but sometimes i was not glad with the shared screen of presentator. i recommend to use w3c site parallely to learn efficient. anyway, thank you to our teacher and have all fun with the content and the new skills u got

By Allison B

Jan 20, 2021

This course was good. It taught me a lot about basic coding. One thing I would have liked would to see more feedback from the professor. Especially on our assignments, and I would have liked a way to reach him with any questions I had about the work.

By Muhammad K

Jan 22, 2017

Good course, comprehensively covering key concepts involved in Web development. Although It does not touch server side development, but provides foundation to pursue advanced courses in web development and design. Thanks Coursera.

By ABHISHEK B

Jun 7, 2020

Nice content created by the content writer to easily digest the basic concept of web development. Grateful to the content writer for introducing HTML,CSS and JavaScript in a good manner...🤗🤗

By Veronica M

Nov 19, 2020

it would be more helpful to design while taking the modules to understand when we are creating labels, functions in order to make it more tangible since we are learning through recordings.

By Manjunath R

Jul 30, 2020

The instructor is very knowledgeable, the course itself was super helpful and I think i can design a good website with the skills that I've earned from this course. So all in all awesome.

By Facundo H B

Aug 29, 2020

Me gusto el curso, las tareas, la forma de explicar del profesor tambien me gusto, no me gusto mucho cuando subis un archivo que no te ejecuta el .css y .js y los subis de forma externa

By Ashutosh V

Dec 1, 2020

Quite good, but the explanation is not intense. But for sure it guides you and if can look up other resources on the internet along with this, you can easily master web development.

By NEHA A V

May 13, 2020

Just gives a briefing about Front end development. But peer graded assignments are so unpredictable due to improper evaluation that it will reduce your overall score .

By sanjib k

Nov 2, 2017

It's good for the Beginners who hardly has some idea about web development but not enough for the experienced one or who has at least basic knowledge of all these.

By rida f

Jan 11, 2021

coursera is a great platform to learn something, to achieve something and to do new staff and my course teacher is also very co operative and teaches very well

By Leo

Jan 7, 2020

very basic course, easy to learn, a good place to start with web development. I would suggest to put a little bit more advanced and challenging tasks

By guil h

Oct 7, 2019

It was clear and complete, I feel that CSS was incomplete and I would have liked professional feedbacks at least for the final exam.

By HImanshu n

May 22, 2017

the course helped me a lot in understanding the topic.

this course is a good start, if you want to become a web developer.

By ASHISH K S

May 6, 2020

It helped me in learning basics of html,css,java script.Its prefect for starter.

Thank you veru much for yor free course.

By Michael K

Jul 30, 2021

D​er Zeitansatz für die Übungen ist viel zu kurz. Wenn man dies beachtet und die Übungen ausführlich macht, klappt es.