Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB

Jul 19, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

AH

May 02, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

101 - 125 of 658 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By SANYAM

Aug 21, 2020

Very interedting course. I got to so much from this course but not happy with the JS content

Some things are wind in very short way.

By Muhammad O

Jun 15, 2020

Thiis course is perfect for the absolute beginners i would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn web development from Basics

By Arbaz A A

Aug 13, 2020

Before this course, I thought of CSS and Javascript as a very complex language but this course cleared my fundamentals and doubts.

By shashank s s

Jan 31, 2018

good course to learn basics of web development . If you are just beginner then don't worry it doesn't require great coding skills.

By Aarav K

Aug 30, 2020

Great course I think Daniel Randall is an excellent teacher and if you want to learn web development this is the course for you.

By Aswin R

Sep 30, 2020

I'm pretty confident that I can create a website of my own with the desired designs from the knowledge I've acquired from here.

By Noelia E N M L

Sep 28, 2020

I loved this course! The professor is the best I I learnt a lot! It's a shame there are no more courses with this professor...

By ADITI

Aug 17, 2020

It was really amazing.I loved doing all the assignments.It helped me a lot and also developed my interest more in this course.

By Sobia S

Dec 20, 2018

instructor ,course content ,method of teaching and helping material or links every thing was outstanding

wish you best of luck

By Hemi B

Jul 17, 2020

It is an amazing course with best tutor present for you to teach. I was really satisfied with this course and its contents.

By Juan D D J

Sep 04, 2020

Aprendí mucho a estructurar bien una web en código html y css, me ayudo mucho el dar interacción con javascript excelente!

By Ms. M T

This is the perfect course for absolute beginners. I loved the way the professor taught and made things easy and precise.

By Rajat T

Jul 30, 2020

It was my first ever course on web development and they teach everyone from 0 level that's really great for the beginners

By SAI V

Jul 23, 2020

This was a great course. The instructor was amazing. The course was short yet informative and had all the basics covered.

By JNANA P J

Aug 24, 2020

Thanks Coursera for providing this wonderful course. I gained a lot of knowledge through assignments and final project!

By Aditi S

Feb 13, 2020

Awesome course structure and all the teaching faculties are excellent. I have enjoyed a lot and it is very interesting.

By Marcelo E D C

Oct 28, 2018

It's a good course, provides me broad fundamentals of web development opening my way to further studies on the field.

By MUHAMMAD S

Sep 26, 2017

Awesome course, I had no idea about web development and this course has provided me solid base on how websites work.

By Mouad E

Dec 13, 2019

great course with gold information I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to learning more about web development.

By K N

Jan 03, 2019

This course is very much useful to learn the basics of HTML,CSS and javaScript.

I'm glad to accomplish this course.

By Bikash S

May 29, 2017

This course is easy to learn. It is great for beginner to start their web development career through this course.

By Timothy M

Jul 18, 2020

Was a great introduction to the basics of front-end website building. Mostly an HTML class with some JavaScript.

By M A p

Jun 06, 2020

its very interesting to learn and most useful. thanks to the beginners, very easily to understand thanking you.

By Jai k S

Feb 15, 2020

This course helped me a lot in understanding the web development concepts and made me eager to learn even more.

By Siva H S

Jul 23, 2020

Very good course . Assignments was very engaging and useful. Overall, the course is good, It was very helpful.