Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

101 - 125 of 730 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Alex H

Oct 1, 2020

In my opinion it was a well taught course and the tutor did an excellent job explaining and showing how basic HTML, CSS and javascript worked.

By Shivani S

Sep 22, 2020

This is a really nice course and I really appreciate how informative it has been as well as the pace at which the instructor was teaching at.

By JL C

Nov 19, 2020

This course helps me to learn the basics of web development. I highly recommend this especially for those starting to learn web development.

By SHUBHAM

Dec 8, 2020

it is so easy to learn and we make skills in this course and thank for my school and thank for coursera and thank you for our host uc davis

By VARUN J

Apr 17, 2020

It is best course I have ever come across and the videos of Prof. Daniel has made it very understandable and the course goes with the flow.

By Shivani B

Aug 19, 2017

I found the course very interesting and the way of teaching is very descriptive. No doubt in this that the course is very helpful and good.

By Vishal B

Aug 20, 2018

This course is the basic building block for those who want to learn something skillful knowledge about HTML and basics of web development.

By KWIZERA M S

Aug 12, 2020

I really thank you for this course. It is an interesting lesson and it helps in gaining a lot of skills in web development. Thank you!!!

By Adarsh S

Nov 8, 2019

plz do my review today urgent

By SANYAM

Aug 21, 2020

Very interedting course. I got to so much from this course but not happy with the JS content

Some things are wind in very short way.

By Eva M C

Nov 29, 2020

This course help me understand the Web Development. I needed this for my Web Design projects. Thank you very much and more power!

By Muhammad O

Jun 15, 2020

Thiis course is perfect for the absolute beginners i would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn web development from Basics

By Ioanna G

Dec 27, 2020

Entertaining, challenging when it comes to javascript, open-minding and fulfilling when you produce a web page, loved this course!

By Arbaz A A

Aug 13, 2020

Before this course, I thought of CSS and Javascript as a very complex language but this course cleared my fundamentals and doubts.

By shashank s s

Jan 31, 2018

good course to learn basics of web development . If you are just beginner then don't worry it doesn't require great coding skills.

By Aarav K

Aug 30, 2020

Great course I think Daniel Randall is an excellent teacher and if you want to learn web development this is the course for you.

By Aswin R

Sep 30, 2020

I'm pretty confident that I can create a website of my own with the desired designs from the knowledge I've acquired from here.

By Noelia E N M L

Sep 28, 2020

I loved this course! The professor is the best I I learnt a lot! It's a shame there are no more courses with this professor...

By ADITI

Aug 17, 2020

It was really amazing.I loved doing all the assignments.It helped me a lot and also developed my interest more in this course.

By Sobia S

Dec 20, 2018

instructor ,course content ,method of teaching and helping material or links every thing was outstanding

wish you best of luck

By Lilian U

Dec 1, 2020

This course has been very insightful and helpful. I now have better chances for higher pay and more interesting job offers.

By Hemi B

Jul 17, 2020

It is an amazing course with best tutor present for you to teach. I was really satisfied with this course and its contents.

By Juan D D J

Sep 3, 2020

Aprendí mucho a estructurar bien una web en código html y css, me ayudo mucho el dar interacción con javascript excelente!

By Ms. M T

This is the perfect course for absolute beginners. I loved the way the professor taught and made things easy and precise.

By Rajat T

Jul 30, 2020

It was my first ever course on web development and they teach everyone from 0 level that's really great for the beginners