Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.1

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

Jul 6, 2020

As told by the instructor that we would enjoy the whole course, was amazing experience. I learnt with SWOT, how can we work upon reliable goal under time bound restriction. It enhance my knowledge.

126 - 145 of 145 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

By Nancy N

Sep 29, 2016

I think this information is very dated - Calories In/Calories Out, High Carb/Low Fat, recommending exercise to lose weight, vegetable oils recommended/animal fats denigrated . . . . so many recommendations that have little 'science' behind them, and which have not produced good results for 95% of the people who have used them. I've lost weight with a lower calorie diet and exercise, so, yes, it can work, but it is very difficult. I've kept it off easily for two years with a high fat/low carb eating plan. I've changed my exercise to mostly Pilates when my weight stabilized and I enjoy it enough to stay with it. knowing how difficult it is to stick to a low fat/high carb diet - which causes me to struggle with cravings, even when I am eating unprocessed organic seasonal local food - I hate to see a low fat diet recommended to people struggling with losing weight. I recommend "The Big Fat Surprise" and "Good Calories, Bad Calories" as an alternate view of healthy living.

By Janet T

Sep 4, 2017

Most of the course is common sense. The beneficial portion was the menu analysis. The information regarding leptin should have been left out as it more than cancelled any positive information gleaned from the course. In essence, it stated that once you reach a higher weight, your body will always try to get back to that weight no matter what you do; hence omitting this information or significantly downplaying it early in the course so other more positive messages would stick with the participant would have been more helpful. I felt this ended the course with a very negative send off. I now regret taking the course and I'm not sure if I'll take another

By Marie E B

May 19, 2017

The idea of the personalized weight loss plan is great, and the mantra "failling to plan is planning to fail" will certainly change my life, and the chapter about recover from relapses and avoiding collapses is really helpful.

But this course is for American only, the unit used are a nightmare to understand, and the food available on the tracking tool does not correspond to what I eat in Europe.

More disappointing: nothing is told about sugar whereas we know it is a main issue.

Any way, it was relatively fast and I've never been more motivated to exercise since I've learned 150min/week is the MINIMUM for loosing weight. Go go go !

By Brooke L

Jun 4, 2020

Many of the resources that they explain in detail no longer exist and they mention this so they are aware of the problem. They state that they are looking to fix this but the tracker site has been gone since 2018 so I do not think this is the case just something that they state to keep us from emailing them. Almost everything past week 3 utilizes this website that is gone or another where the information they tell you to go to no longer exists.

By Manoj B

Apr 1, 2020

Have completed the course last year on 'audit only' mode.Yet it is showing as 'overdue' , 'in progress'.I did not have access to peer review etc.It is not clear as to what part is overdue and is do-able too.

The course content is too U.S.A. oriented and does not cater to international scenario e.g.the diet suggestions are focussed on American food habits.

By Markus L

Aug 3, 2019

I did find the course rather shallow. It did not include enogh data and knowledge, but only the most basic things which most of us knew for sure prior to taking the course.

By Emanuelle L

May 29, 2017

Text material was good, but I did not like the videos (they were boring). The teacher gave more emphasis on exercise, and not in healthy home-cooked meals.

By H.R. R

Jan 30, 2021

since the Super tracker site does not work, this course is of no use to me for the current set up.

I am unenrolling, how sad.

By Kelly C F C

Mar 31, 2021

The course looks good - but cannot move forward as the main tool is unavailable anymore.

By Екатерина А

Feb 19, 2019

Для русскоязычных очень непонятен ,перевода нет

By Ludmila K

Feb 28, 2020

needs to be updated

By tina p

Aug 1, 2020

The notes are not correct. I can't follow the lesson at all. Or is it I must pay for the course then I'll have the full complete noted. For me, I prefer to take the course and pay after I almost complete them because it's worth paying for it. However, many might think otherwise. But still, by restricting the resource available, it'll just look bad for the institution. Just my 2 cents thoughts.

By Nancy C

Jan 15, 2021

Did not live up to my expectations. Unrealistic for 69 year old me to get to a goal weight of 115 lbs. I consider this way to low for my age. Course needs to be updated. That being said there was some good information to be obtained from this course but it is not a course I would be recommending .

By Katherine L

Apr 19, 2021

Seriously nothing new in this course if you have already tried the standard weight loss methods. The tools they provide are dated and this course has not been updated with new studies or information. You are better off trying one of the apps that are out there or finding a book to help you.

By Joan M

Jan 25, 2021

I have wasted my time with a course that has links referenced that are either nonexistent or unusable. I realize I am taking this course for free, but I can't even unenroll, although I only signed up 11 days ago. I was expecting useful information instead of hours of frustration!

By Barsha K

Jan 15, 2021

Not updated.. Without knowing the use of myplate app instead of supertracker, I can't create my personalized weightloss plan.

By Carolyn C

Mar 17, 2021

Not good at all buld own diet but when do they won't accept you

By Lionel J P

May 1, 2018

Not original, educational or motivational

By Andreea P

Jan 20, 2020

Outdated info. Not much personalization.

By Andrea A O J