Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.2

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

MS

Jan 28, 2018

Superb! Taking this course with no serious plan, just a pure curious, but it turns out that I enjoy the material and trigger me to have a real weight loss plan.

PS

Oct 28, 2016

im always wanna know a new information and this give me more then just information. education me to make a better person and share with people here, love it...

26 - 50 of 84 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

By Usama H

Apr 14, 2017

G

By Pauline L

Sep 24, 2017

It is really practical and helpful, after completing the course, I am able to create my own well-balanced weekly meal plan, and I have lost weight with its help! Highly recommended for whoever takes weight loss seriously.

By Mariia B

Dec 21, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It consisted partially of simple truths that most people are aware of. However, information presented and delivered step by step and allows for enough time to process it, design a plan and implement it. Moreover, it is backed up by lots of scientific research, interesting articles and videos. I also really enjoyed the fact that the course helped to deal with an emotional aspect of gaining/loosing weight, triggers and provided tools and ways of dealing with it. Recommend this course to all who is lost in abundance of material about weight loss and looking for a simple, step by step approach that is realistic and achievable. Just stay on top of your homework and interact with your peers! Good luck!

By Shine M S

May 31, 2018

The course is well tailored for the purpose. Really inspiring presentation.

By Arjay G

Jul 29, 2017

Excellent Course realistic as it gets

By Ankur T

Dec 03, 2017

Superb course to understand the basics of nutrition and the way to reduce weight by having proper nutrition. A must have course for every beginner.

By kapila s

Feb 16, 2018

It was very useful course which help me learn skills that help me advance in my current job and help me to reduce weight.

By Umesh K

Oct 18, 2016

Very Effective

By Ai

Apr 08, 2019

thanks everyone for this course!

By Felipe C

Mar 28, 2019

Me parece un curso que aporta en el difícil camino de perder peso. Pienso que hay que abordar más aspectos psicológicos que son fundamentales para la adherencia terapéutica del tratamiento.

By Tania F

Aug 07, 2019

Very good, really makes you think about what you need to do to manage your weight an

By MORCOS I S

Sep 09, 2019

great work , i enjoy

By Esha M Z

Sep 09, 2019

A lil bit difficult but very good

By Catherine S

Jun 13, 2017

Some of this information was brand new to me. I enjoyed the teachers style and I plan on using by new plan immediately.

By Conrad U

Jan 20, 2017

Great course. It really helped me to stay disciplined about logging everything I put into my mouth. Just that little tip has helped me to self monitor and reduce the calories and increase the nutritional value of my meals and snacks.

By Olga

May 25, 2017

Thank you so much for such a useful and helpful course!!!

By Rhonda S H

Sep 20, 2016

Easy to understand, not radical, and sensible strategies for weight loss. No grapefruit diet here.

By Santoria R

Nov 30, 2016

This course provided me with lots of practical information and worksheets. The lectures were in depth and supplemented each lesson with case information to study that weeks topic in greater detail. I learned a lot and felt satisfied with the course.

By Astrid U O

May 08, 2017

Very practical and elightened course. I strongly recommend it.

By Saadiya Y

Apr 12, 2017

Very Interesting course! Learnt a lot. But, Please can i suggest that the test part should be left open so as to effectively finish the course. Then people can choose to upgrade to receive certificate at the end of the course session.

Thank you.

By Teena M C

Jun 23, 2017

Very good course. Helps in making effective and realistic weight loss plan.

By Lois S

Feb 11, 2017

I don't know if something as personal as weight loss should be a peer reviewed class. I didn't pay for the class so I wasn't involved in the peer review process. But in other classes I have taken and participated in the peer review process has shown that there are some who make it their goal to be as critical as possible, whether for the right or wrong reasons.

By PATRICIA J R

May 29, 2017

The information is solid and clearly presented. There are no bells and whistles. Just facts and encouragement.

By Joy S

Jan 07, 2017

Thorough, gives you good tools to make a plan.

By Nancy

Mar 09, 2017

The content was great and I found it very helpful, especially the actual scientific studies that backed the information. I was greatly annoyed at the requirement of having to purchase the course in order to do the homework and peer projects. I have never had to do that before and I have taken quite a few Coursera classes.