Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.2

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

MS

Jan 28, 2018

Superb! Taking this course with no serious plan, just a pure curious, but it turns out that I enjoy the material and trigger me to have a real weight loss plan.

PS

Oct 28, 2016

im always wanna know a new information and this give me more then just information. education me to make a better person and share with people here, love it...

51 - 75 of 84 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

By Nancy

Mar 09, 2017

The content was great and I found it very helpful, especially the actual scientific studies that backed the information. I was greatly annoyed at the requirement of having to purchase the course in order to do the homework and peer projects. I have never had to do that before and I have taken quite a few Coursera classes.

By Anna G

Jun 21, 2018

Presented ideas are good and reasonable. Recommended weight loss strategies are achievable and can be combined with anybody's everyday life. The instructor is great.Two issues: - you need to pay to complete it;- a lot of personal weight loss tracking is based on SuperTracker website, which is totally great one, but it will be discontinued on June 30, 2018.

By Lois S

Feb 11, 2017

I don't know if something as personal as weight loss should be a peer reviewed class. I didn't pay for the class so I wasn't involved in the peer review process. But in other classes I have taken and participated in the peer review process has shown that there are some who make it their goal to be as critical as possible, whether for the right or wrong reasons.

By Lauren K

Mar 29, 2017

This course really helped me to come up with a great weight loss plan. I know the hard part is still in front of me, but I feel more confident now than I ever have embarking on a weight loss journey.

By PATRICIA J R

May 29, 2017

The information is solid and clearly presented. There are no bells and whistles. Just facts and encouragement.

By Joy S

Jan 07, 2017

Thorough, gives you good tools to make a plan.

By Heike S

Feb 26, 2018

A good course with good hints.

By Diana C C R

May 28, 2019

The course needs to have an update since there are some links that don't work since the course is from 2016. But in general a good course, I have learned a lot.

By Alexa B

Aug 09, 2019

it was nice

By Luann T

Apr 01, 2019

This course did a nice job in teaching how to lose weight through different angles, not just by eating less and exercising. It was easy to understand and didn't guilt-trip you. I took this course not to lose weight but to get another approach to losing weight for my place of employment.

By Eliane J

Jun 27, 2017

Loved this course. Although I didn't purchase it and was not able to submit the quizzes and assignments, I still learned a lot and I am more aware now on how to manage my weight and live a healthy life. Thank you Dr Kavanagh!

By Venugopal B

Nov 15, 2019

Practical Course.

By Kenia L

Dec 26, 2016

Excelent!

By Tina V

Mar 15, 2017

Good concept and such a true message. Hard to realize and for sure finally the only way to get slim and stay slim

By Ana M S

Mar 21, 2019

existen recomendaciones que a la fecha no son actualizadas.

buen curso, corto, claro y preciso.

By Penelope R

Jan 10, 2017

This is a good course, I would just do some things a little differently, for example, I don't agree with weighing oneself daily.

By bayleighe

Jun 05, 2018

I really enjoyed the papers to fill out, and the section about figuring out why you eat the way you do, and the hunger scale and possible triggers for eating too much.

However, the website they recommended for tracking health (supertracker) is shutting down at the end of this month? If they could re-work that aspect of the course, so that it gives a website that's not about to shut down, then i'd give it 4 stars.

By Pat V

Mar 05, 2017

Very good information and resources provided. Unfortunately if you don't pay for the course you have no access to the assignments. This is the only course of several that I have taken where this is so. Surely, those non-paying students could still submit assignments, it is possible in other courses why not this one?

By ahmed f

Jan 25, 2018

It is a very nice course. but i think it needs to add more informations about nutritions.

By Neehar C

Jul 11, 2017

The course material has some great basics but some of the material has to be updated to reflect the latest research in the field.

By Muthupriya S

Mar 31, 2017

Most of the information in the course are available online but still this course will help you align and organize your diet and exercise

By Anna A

Jul 10, 2019

Gives you all the knowledge and tools to get started. A nice refresher if you already knew the material.

By meghna a

Dec 13, 2016

Good for a beginner. If you never read about weight loss anywhere, this course can help you. It provides the right guidance.

By Jill R

Apr 19, 2017

Interesting but not much of the science behind it was included, personal choice, but I prefer more why with my what. Good tools.

By ekaterina p

Feb 19, 2019

Для русскоязычных очень непонятен ,перевода нет