Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Financial Accounting by University of Pennsylvania

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

EY
Sep 19, 2019

The course is very easy to understand, and most importantly it is fun to learn accounting! I find this course covers basic yet comprehensive contents compared to other basic accounting online courses.

MM
Feb 3, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

226 - 250 of 1,649 Reviews for Introduction to Financial Accounting

By Nish A

Jan 31, 2016

One of the best courses I've taken on Coursera! I would LOVE to take more courses from Prof. Bushee! Loved the simulated students...especially the guy who hates 'PAR VALUE'...I could totally relate to him ;)

Thank you once again for this amazing course structure...loving it so far!

By Piriyapong W

Apr 26, 2020

The professor of this course has given a lot of examples in his slide as well as real cases from well-known companies. This has broadened my knowledge in finance a lot. Also, the professor always has a sense of humor with animated students, making the online class so much fun. Love

By Daniela N A B

Dec 3, 2016

I really liked the course, I was a nullable person when comes to accounting, but now, I have gained a lot of knowledge to know how an enterprise is doing financially, no I can help with managerial skills when it comes to take financial decisions, of course I need to keep practicing

By Tetiana N

Jun 28, 2021

This might be the best course you'll take on Coursera. and its all thanks to the teacher!!!! he is amazing! Lessons are clear, with examples and with humor even, tests are prepared very well: not too easy but all within syllabus of lessons. I now want to follow all his courses :)

By Clara I A

Sep 15, 2018

I loved the course. It helped me to understand the Financial Accounting jargon and concepts much better. The homework and exams are challenging but doable. I love the virtual students, they are so much fun and their questions are very relevant.

Thank you..

See you Next Video!!

By Palak N

Oct 5, 2017

This is an amazing course for even accounting/auditing professionals.

I have used this course as base refresher before appearing for my CPA examinations, and I must say my basics have become a lot stronger through this.

Thanks for all the hard-work that went into this, Professor.

By xue l

Nov 20, 2016

I'm reading in China Shanghai Open University , my major is accounting ,the course is taught once twice a month not full time , so a course in school is too short for me to understand it. Luckily I can learn from the best teachers here too. I'm new here , hope I can catch up : )

By JOHN D H

Aug 10, 2016

My brain is full! I'm not a numbers person, by choice, but i felt i needed some supplemental knowledge to help with running my business and this was a great course. It really helped to put a lot of things in perspective, as far as organizing the numbers that drive my business.

By Judy W

May 12, 2021

An extremely fun and reasonably challenging course for someone with no financial or accounting background at all! Great course to start building financial literacy. You won't understand and remember everything, but it takes review to truly learn anything! Love Professor Bushee!

By Tung N

Aug 19, 2020

I like the way of your expression about the accounting. It may be quite hard to understand for newbie, but I think that you did really good. As an accountant, I feel that your course is so interesting and useful in basic knowledge, especially the chap of Cash Flow statement.

By Dr. K D C

Nov 25, 2019

Prof. Brian Bushee's videos are so informative and very easy to understand that those took only 4 days to complete understanding the 4 week course. Thank you so much Brian Sir... I am so happy to watch you and will definitely come again to join your advance course in future.

By Walter R

Jul 18, 2016

The presentation is somewhat unusual, but somehow it works. Making a complex topic almost entertaining. Some areas I struggled with but that's probably me, it's a dry subject to teach and the course is both interesting, informative with good examples and practice questions.

By Ricardo A

Jun 23, 2016

This course is a fine introduction to basic financial accounting concepts. Lectures are very clear and engaging, providing several examples of every concept discussed in each lecture. I intend to learn more about accounting after having taken this course. Very good overall!

By Jessica Z

Jun 11, 2020

The course is insightful, clear and concise. Furthermore, the examples given are very helpful in understanding the materials and how the knowledge can be applied.

The add-ons such as virtual students, jokes and especially the hokey-pokey have made the classes entertaining.

By Vigen G

Apr 6, 2020

Amazing course. Prof. Bushee is brilliant. He makes accounting easy to understand and fun to study. I greatly enjoyed his humor and the questions his cartoon characters asked during his lectures, using funny language sometimes. The quality of the transcript is pretty good.

By Gregory S D

Mar 17, 2018

Lot of info to cover in 4 weeks for a non-financial person, but thought the course was great. I actually like the digital students chiming in with fake questions - it was a nice way of adding content and making it feel like a normal class as much as you could. Well done.

By Amritha V

Jan 17, 2016

I have no background in accounting and wanted to get an overview of the concepts and terminology in accounting. I thought this course was going to be boring, but Prof. Brian Bushee actually makes accounting fun and breaks it down into palatable chunks. Highly recommended.

By Palak

May 6, 2021

Professor Brian Bushee is one of the best I've come across and it's a dream to take a class in person for me now for I had a science background and now I'm as handy and confident with the basics of accounting as anyone who's completed a major in it! Totally recommended!!

By Arthur H G P

Sep 15, 2019

It was a awesome course with deep explanation related to basic accounting and some more complex accounting concepts. Besides that, the course is really useful to learn how to analyze a company and its financial position. Congratulations and many thanks for the knowledge.

By Jose A P

Jan 26, 2017

The professor makes this course easy to digest, he uses perfect techniques of teaching. The concepts are useful for a PRE MBA course as well as to tune up old concepts. He goes farther than just teaching basics. Perfect course for someone with no knowledge on accounting.

By Zoey R P

Jun 2, 2017

I had already taken a Financial Accounting course, but I wanted to review what I learned for my next course in Financial Accounting this year. I thought it was very well taught, and I can't wait to look over the slides if I ever need some more review! Thank you so much!

By Karen F

Apr 20, 2021

Professor Bushee is a really good, committed and interesting instructor. He managed to make the supposed-to-be boring accounting a lot of fun. Though the course is entry-level, it covers most basic part and builds a very good foundation for accounting.

Highly recommend.

By Angela S

Jan 4, 2021

Great teacher, loved the way he worked through concrete examples and allowed you to think through the example before giving you the answer. Loved the digital student questions, made the course more dynamic. Great humour too. Looking forward to taking for part 2 course!

By Vyom G

The faculty's method of teaching a relatively boring subject is quite unique and lucid. The content is also to the point and detailed explanations are easy to understand.

It would help a bit if there was more focus on implications of accounting errors in the real world.

By Wanwen Z

Feb 1, 2016

Very helpful course. Use real world examples.

Easy to understand. Open texbook, Managerial Accouting on Saylor Foundation, from Managerial Accounting course on Coursera is a good supplement for a lot of terms.

Not the course of managerial accounting, just the textbook.