Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Financial Accounting by University of Pennsylvania

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

MM
Feb 3, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

EY
Sep 19, 2019

The course is very easy to understand, and most importantly it is fun to learn accounting! I find this course covers basic yet comprehensive contents compared to other basic accounting online courses.

301 - 325 of 1,540 Reviews for Introduction to Financial Accounting

By Tianhao Z

Jun 19, 2020

It's a great course for someone has no economy background,but I do want to add on suggestion. Please have a relative formal definition for all the technical terms such as Retained Earning, Additional Paid in Capital, etc.

By Harold H

Jul 7, 2019

I liked that there were real world examples for analysis. The case studies helped the most. Finally, I liked the ability to work at my own pace and have the ability to see why I missed questions on the homework quizzes.

By jacquelyn s b

Jun 14, 2016

Professor does an amazing job making the material interesting and engaging. I really enjoyed the animated class characters that got to ask questions and found the banter highly entertaining. Would recommend this course.

By yangyu s

Mar 25, 2016

The concepts are well-explained, and the course community is quite active. more interestingly, there're "mock students" in the video lecture who ask helpful questions, and making jokes (so that the course won't be boring)

By arun s

Jul 17, 2019

Dear Prof. Bushee,

I must commend you for the efforts you have put int the course material, especially videos and the virtual classroom. This is unarguably the best online course I have come across on the online platform.

By Leoh V T

Feb 11, 2019

Professor explains very clearly each definition of financial terms, he also supports some practical problems to solve and good materials to follow-up on each video. It's worth to rate 5 star for this course. Many thanks!

By Prahlad K

May 13, 2018

Great Professor. He did a good job of knowing when students would have questions. This course was very easy to understand and provided lots of practice to make sure you get it. Virtual students were even helpful as well.

By Shrinivas G U

Nov 24, 2018

Thanks Prof. Brian Bushee. I have developed a good sense of understanding financial statements - It would be great if there a study group where we can pick other companies and further delve into the financial statements

By Mohammed T

May 7, 2019

very helpful course IN financing especially for people who are a beginner like me

I really gain a lot of financing skills

1- how to make a balance sheet

2-how to make income statement

3- how to make cash flow statement

By Ahmed G A E H

Sep 22, 2018

I would like to thanks everyone in this site especially the instructor prof Brauin to his efforts and the way to delivered the information I am really proud to took this course.

thanks for you again and again and again

By Vedaant N

May 13, 2020

Very interactive, fun and interesting. Prof. Bushee has found the perfect balance in my opinion between sticking to the task at hand and giving us moments to have a laugh. Your effort has not gone unnoticed Professor!

By Arianne R

Jan 8, 2020

The course iss well organized, thorough without being overwhelming, and enjoyable. Professor Bushee provides the foundations of financial accounting and then walks students through examples and real-life applications.

By Yuqin L

Sep 23, 2019

I like how the professor arranged this course! The teaching structure is clear. The virtual students are funny. The professor's hocky pocky and puns are very interesting too, which makes this course not boring at all.

By Robin H

May 22, 2019

I've taken this course twice in collage and once online and just COULD not wrap my mind around the concept...UNTIL Mr. Bushee explained it the way he did...debit means left, credit means right. Thank God for this man!

By Ruoshui L

Mar 4, 2016

Professor Bushee is very funny and course materials are really well-organized and well-explained. The process is full of fun. Also it's a cool idea to add some virtual students. Thanks a lot for this wonderful course!

By KARTIKA N

May 2, 2020

This course is good even for beginners. But you might need to take reference of other videos too for standards of your own specific countries and practice a little more before giving the tests. Overall great course.

By Maria H

Jan 16, 2016

Just started the course but he is good and straight to the points. You must know the basics on accounting to take this course. But it all makes sense and he has the PDF for each class. It will be work my money.

By John S

May 7, 2020

Excellent and extremely informative course. The only criticism is that some of the quiz answers could be addressed specifically in a video which would be beneficial. Overall, enjoyed the course and learned a lot.

By Barbara K

Mar 22, 2020

Thank you so much, comprehesive material taught in an accessible way. I'm 17 years old, didn't have any previous experience with accounting, am not a native English speaker and completed this course successfully.

By Hadassah N

Dec 19, 2015

Prof Brian is pretty hilarious and breaks down the concepts very well. For anyone who likes to learn accounting (which is truly one of the most boring topics in the world with a silly sense of humor)- this is it.

By Elizabeth P

Jun 3, 2020

This was an excellent introduction into finance at the corporate level and will be of great value to me in my current tasks for my employer. Very well explained, with great examples to help clarify the content.

By Masoom

Apr 27, 2020

The virtual students were the best! It can be rigorous if it's your first time, but worth it. You need to take notes and listen to each video in order to do the quiz. In short, a must-do course for any beginner.

By Amanda J

Jan 1, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It was taught in a manner that worked well for me, and I feel that I gained a lot of knowledge from it. I will be taking the second part of this financial accounting course as well.

By Emmanuel M

Oct 30, 2016

Very dry topic for me coming from the Engineering world. However Brian was able to make it funny and looking like a game sometimes. The exercises were great and the questions from the virtual students excellent.

By Brendan N

Sep 21, 2020

Professor did an excellent job of understanding where the learner is coming from and making sure that the content was appropriately explained. I appreciated the effort he put into making the class entertaining.