Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Financial Accounting by University of Pennsylvania

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

EY
Sep 19, 2019

The course is very easy to understand, and most importantly it is fun to learn accounting! I find this course covers basic yet comprehensive contents compared to other basic accounting online courses.

MM
Feb 3, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

351 - 375 of 1,549 Reviews for Introduction to Financial Accounting

By Plinio P J A E

May 19, 2019

Excellent. A very good introduction to accounting. I work in mining and I used to work in operations, but I moved to an area closer to Finance and I really needed a re-fresh of all these topics.

By Acelia G

Jun 19, 2017

Professor Bushee made this course an incredible fun experience! He did an amazing job in keeping my attention and motivation thru the course. Thank you Professor for the fun learning experience!

By Shannon C

Mar 2, 2016

Excellent course. Clear explanations, and lots of good examples to walk you through how to solve problems and use concepts. I absolutely recommend it, and will begin the next course right away.

By Marina G

Dec 1, 2015

Brian is a great professional! No doubt he worked hard to make these excellent videos! Quizzes made me feel nervous with all of these tricky questions. I highly recommend to enroll his courses.

By Kendra M

Jul 14, 2017

The video lectures were engaging and informative. I liked how short the video segments were as they allowed me to learn at my own pace and be able to finish sections in reasonable time chunks.

By Erin M

Jun 19, 2016

Great course!! Dr. B is an amazing teacher. His continuous examples and creative "side classroom" made this class fun while imparting great accounting knowledge and basics! Thank you Dr. B

By Shyam P

Feb 14, 2016

Brilliant. Very well designed videos, lots of practical examples, good quizzes and virtual students who seem to read your mind and ask the exact question that may be cropping up in your mind.

By Ashley E

May 1, 2020

I liked the fact that the little cartoon characters were asking questions and making statements. Whether they were right or wrong the professor would respond and explain why it was this way.

By Rachel F

Sep 16, 2018

I thought this was a great intro to the subject matter, extremely hands on and useful. I use accounting in my professional life, and am mostly self-taught. This has already been a huge help.

By Natasha H

Dec 21, 2015

This was a very challenging course for an introduction. You really have to devote adequate time for a great understanding. I learned a lot and would recommend this course to future students.

By Rishabh M

Jun 30, 2020

Gives me a familiarity with a lot of accounting terms which were not understandable before. Teaches an important life skill and helps in augmenting analytical skills through ratio analysis.

By Hendrik W

Feb 21, 2019

Fantastic Course. Packed with useful information. It's a good indicator that I had to pause the lecture frequently in order to write down and digest the information. Well done, many thanks!

By Murray

May 18, 2017

Videos and supporting materials really help to break down the basics, and ensure understanding from the student. Would recommend this course to anyone seeking an introduction to accounting!

By Laura A

Oct 12, 2017

This is a great course and I thoroughly enjoyed taking it. Prof. Bushee explains concepts in a clear and entertaining manner (I love the virtual students). I highly recommend this course.

By Patrick P

Feb 7, 2018

This was a great overview into Balance Sheets, Statement of Cash Flows and Ratio Analyses. I learned a great deal and the quizzes do a very good job ensuring that you know the material.

By vinodh k n

Jan 23, 2016

Absolutely enjoyed doing the course - Brian's lectures are absolutely brilliant

What I enjoyed the most was the Homework, test your understanding which helps you as a student .... Thanks

By Vinod K

Nov 17, 2015

I have no background in accounting. This course really helped me to get a thorough understanding of the accounting concepts with practical use cases. A huge thanks to Prof. Brian Bushee.

By Aditya G

Jan 20, 2021

Professor and his virtual students were amazing throughout the course. The exam surprises on retries were quite good too. Amazing course. Great learning experience.

Thank you professor.

By Sayo A

Jun 3, 2020

Introduction to Financial accounting was fun. I love the characters and the overall tone of the lectures (fun). I learned a lot and was able to pass the course. Thanks, Professor Brian!

By Jie H

Mar 1, 2016

Definitely the best accounting course. My wife is surprised how my accounting knowledge has increased in the past few weeks. (She is going to get her MS degree in Accounting this fall.)

By Nicholas L

Jan 1, 2021

Excellent teaching with loads of practice examples to master the concepts and rules. "Virtual students" are used to make the course very interactive and fun. Absolutely loved this one.

By Sohail M

Oct 25, 2020

Excellent course taught by an excellent professor. I knew absolutely nothing about accounting or even business before this course, and the professor made everything easy to understand!

By Ryan F

Jun 5, 2020

Taking this class as a high school junior, and I found this challenging but not extremely difficult to follow. Prof. Bushee made it interesting and interactive enough to stay engaged.

By Nirmala N V

Apr 10, 2019

The instructor taught the subject well. I did try a few times to pass as this is not a subject of my interest. But after about 2.5 attempts on an average, I was able to pass the tests.

By Holly J

Jul 10, 2017

I really enjoyed the professor's teaching style and found the course to be very digestible. I learned a lot and didn't find the course too difficult to take. Would recommend to anyone.