Back to Introduction to Financial Accounting

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Financial Accounting by University of Pennsylvania

Master the technical skills needed to analyze financial statements and disclosures for use in financial analysis, and learn how accounting standards and managerial incentives affect the financial reporting process. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to read the three most common financial statements: the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows. Then you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

EY

Sep 19, 2019

The course is very easy to understand, and most importantly it is fun to learn accounting! I find this course covers basic yet comprehensive contents compared to other basic accounting online courses.

MM

Feb 3, 2016

I took Brian Bushee's course and found him to be one of the BEST INSTRUCTORS I'VE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If you've had trouble with accounting courses in the past, HE IS THE INSTRUCTOR FOR YOU!!!

1726 - 1750 of 1,751 Reviews for Introduction to Financial Accounting

By Ganesan

Jan 15, 2019

Was quite difficult to understand, might have design much simpler way . Probably with lengthier and easier approach.

By Kelly D

May 8, 2017

For me it was very hard to understand - I feel like I still don't understand it :/ BUT good teacher, he was good.

By Kenneth C

Jan 20, 2018

the learning curve is really really steep, i feel like it could have been split in two and slowed down more,

By Mohamed I A

Jan 22, 2022

N​ice work but instructor needs to move slowly and give more explanasions

By Allison M

Feb 16, 2017

Quite challenging if you're not a practicing Accountant

By ا ا

Aug 26, 2020

I am not understanding all information in this course

By Michael E B

Jan 18, 2018

Virtual students are awful. Please make them go away!

By Sodiq A T

Aug 28, 2020

It's an eye opening course

Thank you professor.

By Dani C

May 8, 2018

Videos are all so similar, seemed outdated.

By David H

Apr 25, 2020

Not really for beginners, but informative

By Raghav G

Apr 19, 2021

need to be taught in a more creative way

By Krzysztof L

Aug 29, 2017

Good knowledge, but very poor videos

By Aaron A

Mar 19, 2018

wish it was a little more involved

By Logan C

useful but extremely dry videos

By Kerry H

Apr 19, 2016

N

By Kate H

Jul 17, 2022

The digital "students" in between lectures are quite distracting and I think the instructor tried to make it realistic by having them in the lectures, but most of the times their english is weird and mechanic and also some scenes like students sleeping cuz bored... These are waste of time and not fun at all, after many repetitions of such scenes. Got distracted throughout the course

By Diana G

Jan 13, 2021

The lectures are long and not as efficiently or logically organized as they could be in order to impart the basic understanding that the quizzes ultimately ask for. I found myself using the PDFS and it was easier to follow that way.

By Jinger J

Jan 16, 2022

The virtual students are annoying and don't serve a real purpose. It's giving me online defensive driving classes that people take to get out of speeding tickets. For a couple of videos, instructor refused to call "conservatism principle" by its proper name because the word "conservatism" hurt one of the virtual students' feelings?

The grading format on the quizzes aren't helpful. There's no partial credit on questions with multiple correct answers, it's all or nothing. And there's no guidance on figuring out what answers were missing outside of "You didn't select all of the correct answers". In Week 4, there's no feedback period.

I don't think this class is helpful for people who don't know the first thing about accounting. I didn't know anything about accounting but had to take this course as a prerequisite. I retained maybe a couple of vocabulary terms, but nothing of real substance because the material isn't presented in a way people with no prior accounting knowledge can completely grasp.

By Krista I

Jan 27, 2021

The information in this class is really mismanaged. When presenting math and policy, state them first, and then allow students to work through how to apply them. What I marveled at through the two modules I took before I gave up is how much effort it takes to screw up the presentation of something as linear as equations, rules and procedure. Present cheat sheet for printing at the beginning of the course and then give us problems to work through. I spent way too much time guessing at obscure nuances through the quizzes.

By Erin S

Jul 24, 2021

Coursework did not give adequate information to be prepared for exams. Generally unhelpful information.