Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

MG
Mar 11, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

SP
Sep 9, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course on communication skills. Its a course every professional should take as it teaches the very basics of communication that we all should incorporate and practice everyday.

326 - 350 of 385 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By Manuel G

May 12, 2017

Very interesting. From my point of view, it offers a good grasp of the theorethical basis which underlies the different phenomena explained and good practical stories which illustrate them. I enjoyed it and recommend it.

By Luca B

May 14, 2020

Through several examples, the course explains a lot of the ins and outs of communication. It is well built and consistent, focusing on ways to understand and enhance how to communicate in a constructive manner.

By Ramiro J S A

May 3, 2020

Although the course deals with very important topics about communication in different settings, especially in business, it does not integrate these concepts with the other courses in this specialization.

By Mandhir S

Apr 6, 2021

Decent course. Good basic understanding. However, some of the examples left us hanging ie what about the Cop who convinced the suspect to plead guilty - how did he do it, why only in half hour?

By Igor L

Apr 11, 2020

The course covers very important and interesting topics in a very accessibe way. I would like to get more practical tips on how to implement what is tought in a real life.

By Pierre-Yves B

Apr 4, 2018

Very informative, but I would have liked some more practical experience or exercises. The many examples given were very illustrative though. Good course.

By Nassia B

Sep 18, 2020

Almost all materials were incredibly useful, apart from the Goals section in Week 4 - I didn't really find a connection with communicating effectively.

By Maitri J

I really enjoyed the videos and the case studies/ stories presented in the videos, they really help me understand the concept in a real life manner.

By Mohamed G M

it is a great course and has alot of information in it, it opens your mind to a new aspects that you didnot know that it exists .

By Yasmin A

Aug 25, 2019

Way too much information. I feel it needed to be two courses rather than one. Otherwise, really good content. Thank you.

By Maedeh G

This course was very informative for me. I learned some useful information that's gonna help me a lot in the workspace.

By Sarah A

Sep 17, 2020

The presenter is really good. I wish if there was more connection between various topics talked about in this course.

By Leandro C M

Oct 18, 2018

Could be more focused on communication skills

Video examples of excellent communicators would also help and inspire

By Patrick E

Aug 4, 2017

Engaging lectures that help you consider and apply ideas people use every day in a more conscious, structured way.

By Anastasia P

Feb 15, 2018

Good course for the theory on the different elements that influence our personnal and workplace communication.

By Roberto M

Sep 23, 2018

I think the course could be improved by adding some exercises so that students can practice what they learn.

By Maurizio P

Jun 16, 2017

Interesting and well structured course. Clear explainations, very useful the examples from news.

By Yaki M

Aug 7, 2020

Quite an interesting course. Provides perspective on our daily lives and communication.

By Abdur R A

Mar 7, 2020

it was a good journey to learn different techniques of communication with the course.

By Andrea R

Mar 31, 2020

Very usefull to improve and understand communication skills and techniques

By Omar G

Dec 22, 2019

Materials are insightful and examples bring theory in to practice

By Waleed P

Aug 27, 2017

Loved the course. Would love to see some more examples next time!

By Hugh T

Oct 4, 2020

Very engaging videos with great examples to illustrate points.

By Shahzaib A

Apr 19, 2020

It should tell more about communication otherwise its great

By Steve R

Aug 24, 2020

Great professor explaining how communication really works.