Back to Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content by University of Pennsylvania

Ever wondered why some things become popular, and other don't? Why some products become hits while others flop? Why some ideas take off while others languish? What are the key ideas behind viral marketing? This course explains how things catch on and helps you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing your ideas, brands, or products. You'll learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth, and how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. Drawing on principles from his best-selling book, "Contagious: Why Things Catch On," Professor Jonah Berger illustrates successful strategies for you to use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere. By the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on....

NR

Jul 26, 2020

Educational and eye opening, the instructor offered amazing content with examples and links to further look into the topics mentioned. A great tool to have for anyone in business, sales, or marketing.

RC

Dec 21, 2018

Pleasant tone, many tangible illustrations that bring the theory to life. Well-balanced pace. Could be complemented by a practical exercise - but perfect for working professionals who have less time.

126 - 150 of 1,302 Reviews for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

By Zangziqing

Apr 23, 2016

It is a quite interesting course that enables you to understand how we can best create information more memorable and even impress other people. You get inspired by being shared with those useful principles that are applicable to many domains of our life

By Ann-Elise K

Nov 20, 2017

I have started numerous Coursera courses, and finished few. This course kept me engaged throughout. Lectures were well delivered, content was creative and relevant and I received some take away suggestions and reminders from each week. I highly recommend.

By Conćhita T

Sep 26, 2017

I took this course because I'm curious about Marketing and how I want to know so much more about it,

Had so much fun learning about Crafting Contagious content that can go Viral, I applaud sir Jonah Berger for making this Course worth it and Educational.

By Janet R

Apr 12, 2020

This was an easy course but the professor was engaging and the content was interesting and fun. I learned a lot and have a lot to think about. I’ll refer back to the concepts in this course often as I reposition my small business and redesign my website.

By Amy D

Sep 29, 2016

A very well made course! Professor Berger has an engaging teaching style that makes learning both easy and fun! I never found myself getting bored with his lectures and, in fact, looked forward to watching them as I knew I was going to enjoy each module.

By Timothy L

Mar 21, 2020

This course was incredibly quick and effective in properly analyzing the uses of marketing. I was able to acquire a thorough understanding of how content is spread throughout the world and how to properly leverage social media to generate positive buzz.

By Reynald S

May 03, 2017

I'm very thankful to Wharton and Coursera for such an amazing content. The course is well structured and the content is presented in an extraordinary way. I wish there is a Specialisation on this topic with more content and a capstone

Thanks Prof. Jonah.

By Nader A

Feb 27, 2020

Admittedly a very theoretical instead of the practical course. But it does a very good job of explaining its own content very well. The plethora of examples and the very easy to understand explanation of the theory creates a very enjoyable experience.

By Hollye D

Jul 03, 2017

Really great professor and fascinating content. I could relate this content not only to my work but to many areas of my life. I was thoroughly engaged throughout.

One note- so many typos in the written content! It reflects poorly on such a good course.

By Terry B

Mar 06, 2017

This course enlightened me in ways that I cannot describe in words. I will forever be applying the SUCCES methods to my social media and branding efforts so that I can make some good viral videos! Thank you so much for this course! I loved it so much.

By Santhosh K S

Apr 07, 2020

This is one of the quick courses you can do to understand Viral Marketing. Pretty engaging and insightful. I am eager to know if there is more one could do to keep themselves updated.

I wish this could have ended up with a practical project as well.

By Peter

Sep 17, 2019

the content was really fun and enjoyable . easy to understand and with a clear forward message the instructor was able to make one wants to know more and i really was intrigued by his questions and how he answered them with examples was brilliant

By Hassan T

Oct 16, 2017

Wonderful course with real world examples that were really enlightening. Professor Jonas style of teaching interspersed with real world examples is just the right kind of course for someone aspiring to pursue a career in marketing. Thank you Sir.

By Nadia P

Jul 13, 2017

Very interesting videos: content and form are engaging. The quizzes are well built (not just a copy-paste of what was in the videos). I definitively recommend this course to anyone curious about how ideas and products propagate in our societies.

Jan 12, 2017

This is a very useful and interesting course. Professor explained the concepts in completely and provided examples. This course should make you a better content writer and will help make your messages stickier. I recommend it to budding writers.

By Siddhant C

Jul 15, 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Professor Jonah Berger for compiling such a beautiful course and making it accessible to all of us.

Information is concise and on point and I encourage all marketeers to take up this course.

By Matthew L

May 13, 2020

This course was easily digestible and a pleasure to work through. The instructor was able to keep my attention through every video and I feel like I built further off of a lot of topics I learned originally in my advertising classes at school.

By J-Man

Feb 07, 2019

This course was really fun and engaging. It was broken down into really digestible elements and had fantastic and memorable examples that helped me learn along the way. Well worth taking for anyone even slightly interested in modern marketing.

By Asad-uz-Zafar

Dec 20, 2017

The course is very helpful in introducing the basic ideas and science behind viral marketing and content creation. The course is also very well structured with great stories and content that keep you hooked (obviously!!!)

Great work Professor

By Mike B

Jan 02, 2016

Concise, well-presented course which will get you thinking about how and why ideas spread in social networks. (However, given its brevity, the price of certificates is excessive. Take it for interest and information, not for the certificate.)

By Eddie L

Feb 13, 2017

I read the book of Contagion few years back and listening to this course give me a very useful flashback on the content. It is simple to learn and many stories were given to help better understand the application of these strategies better.

By Evis K

Apr 01, 2020

I enjoyed it as a course, and I wish it had been longer. Professor Berger was able to be very interesting in his lectures, artfully animated, fun other than professional. It was a pleasant time spent in the company learning something new.

By Donna L

Apr 19, 2020

I enjoyed this course, as it was presented in short, digestible segments. The pace was quick, but good for me and I stayed engaged in the content. I'm able to take some ideas and practices from this course and apply to my current job.

By Razan S

May 18, 2017

I enjoyed this course, my favorite components of the course were the stories shared. I loved the lectures, the professor is very well-spoken and it's very easy to comprehend his ideas & grasp all of the information in the lecture series.

By Rodrigo F V

Nov 29, 2016

Excelente, muchas gracias. Well done! I own a small company in Chile, Southamerica, and this program has been unvaluable for me. Thanks a lot to the teacher. I hope to follow many other courses like this one. Simple, engaging and useful.